NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Open Letter To Ted Taylor (TTA/Stat Authentic)

This is an open letter to Mr. Ted Taylor of “TTA Authentic LLC.”

First, Mr. Taylor, I’d like to briefly go over your online résumé. You claim to have well over four decades of experience in the hobby. Well, maybe you can explain to us what you mean by the following statement that is on your website: "We will VERIFY that a signature is/or is NOT authentic based on our experiences over the years." What exactly does that mean?

Also, you have written a few books on the Philadelphia A's so I will assume that you a true fan of baseball and a hobbyist. You have have been employed at Fleer and for a very short time (six months) you were employed at Scoreboard (your responsibilities at Scoreboard are not well known). I read somewhere (an auction site) where you were one of the first people to begin the battle against rampant fraud in the hobby. Maybe you can explain to us when and where you began the fight against fraud in the hobby and who you raged the battle against? Do you still maintain that battle?

Now, there is one thing I am very curious about, Mr. Taylor. You authenticate quite a few autographs every month for Coach's Corner. Many of the autographs you authenticate are autographs that one else but Coach's Corner seem to have in infinite supply and being a true hobbyist as you claim you are, Mr. Taylor, do you ever ask Lee Trythall and Scott Malack where all of the rare vintage autographs that you authenticate and they auction off come from?

Every month you authenticate at least one or two Beatles signed albums for Coach's Corner. Knowing just a how rare Beatles signed albums are do you ever question where they originate from? And what Beatles exemplars do you examine to cert those signatures as authentic? Every month, Mr. Taylor, you authenticate quite a few Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig autograph items. As a person and a hobbyist, Mr. Taylor, do you ever question the dozen or more Babe Ruth autograph items listed by Lee Trythall and Scott Malack each and every month? Don't you, Mr. Taylor, as a hobby purist, have an obligation to ask those questions?

Back in December 2009, Mr. Taylor, Coach's Corner listed a Bonnie Parker/Clyde Barrow cut autograph piece. You authenticated the Barrow cut but not the Parker cut and it sold for $236.00. Did you ever ask yourself why a $10,000 item only sold for $236.00? Don't you have an obligation, Mr. Taylor, to ask Lee Trythall and Scott Malack. how every month they have a signed Barack Obama jersey listed every single month for the past 20 months?

As a collector, Mr. Taylor, I have an obligation to write threads like this and to produce the YouTube videos I make as I do my part to try to keep the hobby clean. Your obligation now and remains, Mr. Taylor, is to explain why you have authenticated literally hundreds of Babe Ruth signed items that have been consigned to Coach's Corner. Have you ever questioned (and I apologize for being redundant), Mr. Taylor, all of the Babe Ruth autographed baseballs and bats that have passed through your hands for examination that you have authenticated as being genuine autographs of "The Babe?"

Christy Mathewson passed away in October 1925. His signature on anything is extremely rare, but yet you have authenticated quite a few Christy Mathewson autographed baseballs. One Christy Mathewson signed baseball that you certed sold for a paltry $1,478.00. Awhile back an authentic Christy Mathewson signed baseball sold for $50,600.00. Can you please explain that discrepancy in final bid price, Mr. Taylor. Have you ever wondered, Mr. Taylor, why your Stat Authentic COA is still on Ebay's banned list? I could go on and on, Mr. Taylor, but I will end this by showing another Christy Mathewson signed baseball that you authenticated for Coach's Corner. We would love to hear from you, Mr. Taylor.

Christy.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 03-05-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Scott

Well said Chris, but he won't have the guts to reply. And you didn't even mention Morales also. But, I always thought this guy Taylor had a good reputation, but maybe he's getting paid enough to sell the rep down the River, or he just doesn't know sigs, or a combo of both.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Can't be that he does not know signatures, since his largest customers (coaches corner) keeps feeding him endless supplies of Babe Ruth Balls and other garbarge.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

As a person who used to go to quite a few baseball card shows in the early 1980's to the middle of the 1990's, I enjoy collecting and seeing early flyers and broadsides announcing up coming card shows. Something neat about seeing Mickey Mantle charge four dollars for a signature. At a Cleveland National a few years back, they had a display of neat items that date back to the early 1970's. One name mentioned on several pieces was in fact Ted Taylor.

It is really unfortunate that a person who played such an important role in forming these shows, has in fact become what he has become today. If HBO Real Sports had exposed me, I would have packed up my bags and left the business, but none of them did, so why should he be any different. It's easy money. I would ask him instead is: How can you live with yourself?

Regards,

Larry
Old 03-05-2011, 11:33 AM
keith janosky

The Feds need to bust just one of them and they would all fall like dominos. How great would that be.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Ted Taylor

I will admit that my disdain for Mr. Taylor is both infinite and beyond comprehension. You cannot claim to be "one of the people who wears the white hat in the hobby" while never questioning Lee Trythall and Scott Malack (Coach's Corner) about the same Babe Ruth signed bats, jerseys and baseballs that pass through Mr. Taylor's hands every month. One day, Mr. Taylor, you will have to explain to the hobby why you have never questioned Coach's Corner infinite inventory of vintage autographed items that pass through their auction house (and your hands) every month. Your claim of having four decades of hobby experience as a hobbyist holds no water in my opinion, Mr. Taylor. It's all been negated, Mr. Taylor. Maybe you can explain to us what exemplars and experience you used to come to the decision that the below item (authenticated by you) is genuine?

TTA.jpg
Old 03-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Barry Sloate

That's one funky looking baseball.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM

One reason he likes them is a few years back he was listed as an employee of CC. I think his title was mgr of acquisitions or something, and This was while he was still running STAT as a supposedly seperate company. The point being that he obviously has a very good working relationship with CC.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Dan Bretta

Ty Cobb never went anywhere without that green pen.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Barry Sloate

Interesting that someone had the foresight to get a baseball signed exclusively by Hall of Famers, probably long before many of these guys were inducted. And to boot, it's an 80 year old ball without a spot of fading. It really is a treasure.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Bob Lemke

Christopher . . . a word of advice: paragraphs

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 03-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lemke View Post
Christopher . . . a word of advice: paragraphs
I just like to keep it short physically.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
I just like to keep it short physically.
It makes it harder to read if you don't break it up...still though I agree wholeheartedly with what you have to say, but Ted Taylor as I suspect you already know will not be coming here to answer your questions.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
It makes it harder to read if you don't break it up...still though I agree wholeheartedly with what you have to say, but Ted Taylor as I suspect you already know will not be coming here to answer your questions.
My apologies guys. All fixed.

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 03-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
My apologies guys. All fixed.
No need to conserve space on this forum...use as much as you need.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Barry Sloate

Actually, when people post really long paragraphs with no breaks it's really hard to read. It's a visual thing.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:07 PM

With the items in CC auctions. How do you not know if they are the same items showing up over and over and over again?

They allow the seller to bid on their own items as they don't set reserves.

You really don't know if some of the Babe Ruth items showing up are not something that ran in the auciton last month, 6 months ago or even last year.

You sit behind your camera and bash every item they have, and just say, it's fake because this person says it's real.

What are your creds? Other then "you know autograhs"??
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Dan Bretta

Ring King, post your full name on these posts or your going to find yourself banned very shortly.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default RingKing

Since RingKing didn't happen to read the board rules I just gave him a quick call and left a message. Until then here is his contact info...

Name: Ringking

My name, Cori Broswavic

champringking@yahoo.com

Phone number 317-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by Leon; 03-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Steve Birmingham

Yes, like bad pennies the items could be turning up again and again. Some are only similar to previous ones, and I suppose if I cared I could keep track.

The sellers are expressly allowed to bid on their own stuff? That's
A) Pretty stupid. Pay for your own item+ buyers commission, and get back the bid less the commission? So probably close to 40% to set your own reserve? Stupid. Next consignment, just send me $50 and keep the item at home.
B) It's shilling.
C)It's shilling.
D It's .... you get the idea- Maybe.
Shilling is illegal no matter what the reason. There are only a few times it;s allowable, and those usually involve the items not actually being yours.
Of course it's done often by having a friend bid, which is hard to prove, but still illegal.

I don't "know autographs" But a few minutes online finds examples of most. From very reputable sources. And usually they don't look much like CC items.
So either every museum and dealer around has been taken in by poor fakes, or the CC stuff is largely fake. I'll even omit the stuff that has certs that was signed by people that died years before the item existed. And still these non- expert eyes tell me that most of that stuff just looks wrong.

If you truly believe it's nearly all real my advice would be to buy as much of it as possible. Get a cert that might get some respect. And auction it for 10X as much. If you can prove that to someone money wouldn't even be a problem. There's still venture capital out there. If I thought it was real I'd be doing just that. (I don't, and I'm not)

Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringking View Post
With the items in CC auctions. How do you not know if they are the same items showing up over and over and over again?

You really don't know if some of the Babe Ruth items showing up are not something that ran in the auciton last month, 6 months ago or even last year.

You sit behind your camera and bash every item they have, and just say, it's fake because this person says it's real.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringking View Post

You don't even have to "know autographs" to know they are selling junk.
Just follow a few of their auctions and any brain surgeon can figure out their scam.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 09-22-2023, 09:26 AM

Default 12 years later and still at it!

It’s unbelievable that Coach’s Corner is still at it, 12 years later. I randomly came across this thread and decided to see what CC currently has listed. Among this month’s treasures are a ball signed by Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope, Tony Bennett and Vin Scully; a check signed by Connie Mack and Chief Bender (leaving off his usual quotes around “Chief” because, well, it’s official) and made out to Jimmie Foxx, which he signed on the back; and a postcard signed by 15 of the 1911 Athletics including Connie Mack and the entire $100,000 infield. And all can be had for less than $100! Also at least two Picasso signed original pieces, a Degas, a Basquiat, a George Washington cut, multiple signed Beatles records, Bronco Nagurski game worn cleats with JSA certification (unfortunately the certificate number is hidden in the sole picture), and about 700 other treasures. And if you want to see an item attracting unusual bidding, check out lot 635: “(8) Baseball cubes, EX!” With no picture, that has somehow attracted 12 bids and is up to $48.

This auction is basically the equivalent of an insane person pleasuring himself in public so regularly and for so many years that people just no longer walk that way and the police have decided it’s no longer a crime.
Old 09-22-2023, 11:35 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Here's a link for anyone who wants to enable criminals, perpetuate fraud and throw away money...

http://www.myccsa.com/

Best of luck to everyone... Auction ends tonight!

Ps. Link provided for entertainment purposes only.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 09-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Mike P.ap

Default ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Here's a link for anyone who wants to enable criminals, perpetuate fraud and throw away money...

http://www.myccsa.com/

Best of luck to everyone... Auction ends tonight!

Ps. Link provided for entertainment purposes only.
Mark,

I love the signed Beatles Album. Here is his ironclad provenance:

"All autographs are clean honest 9's. Great musical chance, and value is thousands, not hundreds! Great buy and hold investment choice, and even ok'd by Lee for certainty."

I mean he does have the word "honest" in the description so he is trying. The fact that it was "ok'd by Lee" really makes it special!

Great musical chance?????? Is he confessing here? Basically it's a chance when you buy it your money is going to be burned or thrown out the window. 100% chance I'd say! lmao

Last edited by vthobby; 09-22-2023 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2023, 12:01 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthobby View Post
Mark,

I love the signed Beatles Album. Here is his ironclad provenance:

"All autographs are clean honest 9's. Great musical chance, and value is thousands, not hundreds! Great buy and hold investment choice, and even ok'd by Lee for certainty."

I mean he does have the word "honest" in the description so he is trying. The fact that it was "ok'd by Lee" really makes it special!

Great musical chance?????? Is he confessing here? Basically it's a chance when you buy it your money is going to be burned or thrown out the window. 100% chance I'd say! lmao

Oh man.... Thanks for the laugh!

I didn't even get as far as the individual descriptions, but that one is a prize. "Great Musical Chance"

Powerball has better odds, a bigger payout, and only costs a two bucks!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos

Last edited by perezfan; 09-22-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2023, 02:07 PM
Mike P.ap

Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Oh man.... Thanks for the laugh!

I didn't even get as far as the individual descriptions, but that one is a prize. "Great Musical Chance"

Powerball has better odds, a bigger payout, and only costs a two bucks!

At least with Powerball you have a slim chance lol! With CC....not so much!

The line: "Great buy and hold investment choice" equates to:

"Please do not send this to a reputable authentication company......just sit on it until you pass away so we are not held liable"

Last edited by vthobby; 09-22-2023 at 02:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2023, 08:18 AM
Scott

Chris had the guts to out these sleazeballs years ago
It keeps getting worse too. Two classes of people who buy from them: Idiots who have ZERO clue or research skills and the obvious scummy flippers who sell to the first group

Obviously the Police, attorney general, FBI or whoever don't care about massive fraud being perpetrated
Old 09-27-2023, 05:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Chris had the guts to out these sleazeballs years ago
It keeps getting worse too. Two classes of people who buy from them: Idiots who have ZERO clue or research skills and the obvious scummy flippers who sell to the first group

Obviously the Police, attorney general, FBI or whoever don't care about massive fraud being perpetrated
Their massive fraud is still only buying Happy Meals. And they probably have a disclaimer somewhere that voids them from all liability.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:37 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinphilly View Post

This auction is basically the equivalent of an insane person pleasuring himself in public so regularly and for so many years that people just no longer walk that way and the police have decided it’s no longer a crime.
Thanks for the visual!

When I got started collecting, 30 years ago, I bought a bunch of stuff from their SCD auctions. Most of it has been since thrown away. I wish I still had my “Kevin Mitchell autographed game hat,” for a picture. It wasn’t even close. I a) learned and b) stopped collecting autographs (real or fake) years ago.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:11 AM
Lüc@s Dëwėãšę

My question is, are the psa certs fake as well? They coincidentally make the picture just blurry enough so you can't read the sticker. I know they have a loophole with their regular fake items with dungeon based COAs. But faking PSA certs would certainly be fraudulent without question no?

My Baseball Snapshot Photo collection- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection

Original Type 1/Press photos etc for sale- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/photosforsale
Old 09-28-2023, 11:32 AM
keith janosky

All these fake certs and scammers get around being held liable because they use the words " IN OUR OPINION" or words to that affect that keeps them from getting prosecuted. Otherwise the scum bags at CC would be in jail. Others have gotten arrested for selling fake items but these guys keep rolling along.

Last edited by keithsky; 09-28-2023 at 11:32 AM.

Tags
stat authentic, tta