NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: RA

I swear this seller had these same exact cards up about six months ago:

RARE - ATC - BASEBALL SERIES T206 - DOUGHERTY

RARE - ATC - BASEBALL SERIES T206 - CHASE

RARE - ATC - BASEBALL SERIES T206 - HOWELL

Old 01-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: Joey

I have a fried who purcahsed a Howell Broadleaf from this seller and still has the card in his possession. He had the card graded and it now resides in a PSA 2 slab. This seller has had quite a few rarer back T206's from time to time so it is quite possible he could have multiples.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: Steve f

Ended... Theyre real. Two different brands, but quite unusual that they all exhibit the same miscut pattern. These have likely remained a trio for near a century.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Now that the auctions have ended, the answer is yes they are real. I had a snipe bid for the Broad Leaf, but I deleted it when I saw my buddy TedZ was winning with 32 seconds left. Too bad he was out sniped at the end.

Be well Brian

Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: RA

Maybe it's me but the cards he had up six months ago seemed like they were the same players, same backs and the same miscut on the Chase. I suppose I could be mistaken.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: Art M.

This seller sold the EXACT same T206 Howell, Broad leaf 350 card back on August 27, 2006. He used the EXACT same scan. While the old scan is no longer with the old auction he did used the same scan back in August as now. Maybe he was too lazy to scan the "new" auction cards? While I do not track the other cards he was selling this time I also believe that the Chase, blue portrait with Cycle back was also the identical card from August.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320017205839

Art M.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: Joann

I stayed away from them mainly because of what I thought were bat's ears on the lower and upper right corners of the Chase.

I also thought it was odd that the Howell and Dougherty had the exact same little 45-degree chip out of the lower right hand corner, and some kind of corner bulges at the top (top left on Howell that extends out to the side, and top right on the Dougherty that extends upwards).

I am no expert by any means, so I'm probably a little more sensitive than needed to little oddities like this - just becaue I do know my knowledge is so limited. I never thought they weren't real, just possibly tampered with.

Joann

Old 02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default Real or Fake

Posted By: RC McKenzie

I was the high bidder on the cycle 460 Chase and Dougherty. The cards I received were the exact cards in the scans. I would recommend the seller. Regards