NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Andy Garden

Default J. Paul's Pittsburgh Show

Any thoughts on this show? Should I expect to find any nice prewar material? I look forward to seeing SGC there, but don't know too much of what else to expect. I am going to the show on Sunday and would look forward to meeting any fellow board members. Thanks for any insight!

Best,

Andy
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM

Good show and last year, as I mentioned in another post, better than King of Prussia and Strongsville.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Patrick N.

Default I

I will be there scouring in full force, and if it's better than King of Prussia, I am for a great weekend. BTW-if anyone needs a place to stay (free of charge) LMK just don't expect a mint on your pillow...(I live 5 min from the RMU campus)...

Last edited by mintacular; 05-18-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Richard Cline

Darn, I will be in Pitt the next weekend. Looks like a good time to meet some people and check out more cards.
RC
Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 PM

Good show and picked up the cards below including two E120s from fellow Net54er Ken Cohen. He, Tom Boblitt and I had a nice discussion at Ken's table. I also enjoyed seeing several dealers including Bill Zimpleman, George Ryden, Kevin Savage, William Chappell, Rand and Alice Bailey, Dave Schrader and his wife, Mark McKee, John Spano, Mark Smith and Floyd Soeder. There was not a lot of high grade vintage inventory, but there was a good selection of older cards and a lot of variety, including one dealer who had a large selection, of all things, nesting dolls. Finally, I spoke with Colleen Hroncich, the author of "The Whistling Irishman," a book about her grandfather, and my favorite Pirate manager, Danny Murtaugh. She had about twenty family photographs of Murtaugh on display at her table. All in all, quite an enjoyable evening:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grouping.jpg (46.2 KB, 265 views)
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Phil Garry

Sounds like a fun show to attend. Every year, I debate it but have not made it there once yet, mainly due to the 7 hour drive for me.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:58 AM

I was debating going yesterday, but ended up not.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Archive

Hi Andy

I went to this show today for the first time and had a very enjoyable day. I picked up a few cards and a nice photo (posted in Memorabilia-photo opinion thread) along with this little gem below. There was a good customer turn out in my opinion. The autograph guests were probably a big factor for that. I had the chance to meet & talk to some board members for the first time. All of them were really nice guys and I enjoyed talking with them. All in all, I think it was worth the trip and would go to it again.

Jantz

Being a former Infantry soldier, this "little cigar" guy made my day. I never knew this card was out there. The card is a die-cut and can be stood up.

Last edited by Jantz; 02-11-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Andy Garden

Jantz,

Glad you had a good time! I am leaving for Pitt at 6 AM and looking forward to it. Cool soldier card! I hope there are some nice pickups left on the last day.

Best,

Andy
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Patrick N.

Default I went today...

and did pretty well, although most post-war $1-5 set needs I did notice a smattering of pre-war and bought a couple low grade (from Ken Cohen). I would say you should go if you can
Old 05-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Mike

I went to the show on Friday with Tom Boblitt and my son Mitch. We drove from Louisville on Friday and came home Saturday morning. It was the first time I had been to the show in several years. I had a good time and was able to pick up a T206 McGraw, a BF2 Archer, an E101 Magee, and an E90-1 Joss. I got the Joss from Ken Cohen.

Mike
Old 05-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Ke.n K0hen

Default Thanks

to the Net54ers who stopped by my table and chatted (Tom, Brian, Pat, Mike, Jantz). Please forgive me if I omitted someone. This show is my favorite of those I attend. Lots of serious collectors who love to talk cardboard. It's the overall most congenial atmosphere of any show that I attend. The 1960 WS event was an added bonus. I had the pleasure of wonderful conversations with Dick Groat, Ryne Duran, and Hector Lopez - fine gentlemen all.

I've already reserved my table for next year.