NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Card corruption

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

After reading a few posts here I thought to myself that this clown is probably just some young kid that was never taught manners or how to speak in an adult world. But then I realized this guy is 40 years old and still acting like this...pretty pathetic. He is a "never was" that likes to throw out names of people that he "partied with" that have actually made an impact on the lives of others as if that somehow makes his worth something. He is an ex-wanna-be golfer, an ex-wanna-be-rock-star with a major gambling problem, anthing he says should be taken at face value...worthless.

-Rhett

Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: sagard

I've been inspired. I'm going to sign up with PSA, send them some cards, and report how they treat me. Hopefully it will be just as comical as this thread.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

And you know I like you and everything too. I just want to say that I respectfully disagree 100% with your last post. Marshall was responding to others comments, for the most part, and the way he posts, at least to me, isn't as malicious as those 2-3 individuals that were banned. I am positive that if I asked Marshall to quit he would....The others you mention...no way...best regards

Old 01-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

"there are better ways to introduce yourself to a party than by being the drunk guy vomiting on the living room rug."

Pure art of the metaphor. !

Joann

Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

What i think is odd is that guys like E Daniel, Al and a few others started with the insults and i fired back. If you clowns would have responded like Leon which was a legitimate response to my post then none of this would go one. You guys made it personal and really do not know anything about BRINGING NOISE what your bringing sounds like dental chair flute tones. In regards to you Al and your Yoda-Superior like knowledge about pre-war baseball cards then YOU take my bet as to where my PRE-WAR Harry Bay sold for 1700 and also take my bet that my Beauties and board had a offer of five figures from a major dealer who is well respected.

I don't drop names period because facts are fact, if you know or have done things it is just fact. Alright you got me i'm false i don't know anyone or have any friends. That is actually not Donald Trump beside me it is Barry Sloate dressed up like Donald. No that is not Olympic gold medalist Ed Moses chilling with me and rasing hell it is E Daniel dressed as him and that's not me it is a model from the Penguin clothing company.

If i am such a fraud why would a top producer like James Paul Wisner work with me? Hmmmmmm he only created Emo-rock and has worked with many top acts. Why would Chris Lord Alge mix the single Elaine if a were this non-talented gambling addict wannabe? By the way kids CLA is the best in the business he has mixed singles for Madonna,Michael Jackson,Bruce Springsteen and also mixed the last Green Day record. Jeeeezzz how do i know all this ohhhhhh that's right i'm making it up.

First of all Brian Warner would never accept phone calls from anyone and it's a pity but Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain are dead.

Now i will BRING SOME MAJOR NOISE wanna bet Chris Lord Alge is not on the back of my cd credits? Wanna bet that James Paul Wisner did not produce it. Out of 200 posts maybe 35 are mine but they are responses to accusations made. If you notice i never responded to any of the first posts in regards to my question about PSA because they were legit responses. I only responded to certain remarks and accusations that were personal attacks so enough said.

I don't think any of you know how hard it is to shoot a 65 or 68 in professional competition so i will not even address the golf remarks. One thing i do know is that i am the MF'er that shot the scores and by the way i BROUGHT MAJOR NOISE in doing so and their were hecklers around that do not like the NOISE and i have the cash and USGA medal to prove it so once again in honor of my main man Chuck D. FIGHT THE POWER.

If you think i'm bad then never meet Michael Jordan. I have never heard anyone BRING THE NOISE like this guy on the basketball court. I watched him courtside many times and he brought a new level to the trash talking game.

Once again with the aid of a cow bell and Bruce Dickinson I BROUGHT THE NOISE!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

Once again doll smart remark about being introduced throwing up at a party. When was the last time you were spanked? Perhaps a few taps will change your perspective and you may lighten up a little on your obvious frustrations. I'm not being introduced anywhere. I know several people on this board and have bought and posted cards here so what planet are you from? By the i love parties but i don't ever recall throwing up at any.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

I bet Chuck D has better grammar and can spell better than you, Eminem...I mean Marshall.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimCrandell

Joann can speak for herself but if I was her I would be grossly offended by that comment.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

"That is actually not Donald Trump beside me it is Barry Sloate dressed up like Donald."

Barry only wishes he had hair like The Donald. And Barry does bring the noise -- but only if it's before 9 pm; then he calls the police!

Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Jeff- I'll tell you what, I do agree with Marshall about one thing: This is one noisy thread.

But to call Joann "doll" and ask her when was the last time she was spanked...Joann, I hope you read this and come back with a thoughtful and pointed response. I'm counting on you!

Marshall, what you really need are manners.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

Sigh.

Marshall, you are officially an idiot.

A little clarification:

1) I did not start with insults. I started with comments about your sour grapes, and a comment about how I thought it was hypocritical (although I used softer language) that you tore up a historically significant piece in hopes of cashing in on the registry game, and when you didn't get the grades you wanted, you called out PSA for being crooked. It was your responses that encouraged the insults, particularly one questioning my level of education.

2) I do not have Yoda-like knowledge about prewar baseball cards; I am a child in comparison with the knowledge of others on this board. On this board I respect the people who share their knowledge in an intelligent, respectful manner, and you have not done that. All you've done is complain about your grades, brag about your sale prices, and prattle on with your ridiculous comments about the rock and roll business, of which you are no more a part than any other guy with a guitar and a demo tape.

3) I would imagine that you obtained your studio engineer and mixer the same way most other bands do - by paying them or by signing a development deal with them. Certainly neither of them worked for points, because engineers generally only do that when they think the record might actually sell. And of course, if you pay someone to engineer your record, you'll list them on your CD credits.

4) As for who "created" emo, I would imagine that Ian MacKaye and the folks at Dischord Records might disagree with your assessment. So would Sunny Day Real Estate, Shudder To Think, Husker Du, and every DC or LA indie or skate punk band from the 80s.

5) Can't comment on the golf stuff, because I know nothing about golf, but once again, I can't wait for the season to start.

6) Your comments about Joann, along with your comments about your "favorite hottie," are the type of comments I would expect from someone for whom women are a foreign concept. I'm not surprised.

-Al

Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

OK...as I said before. The dunking has gone on long enough. Lets get back to what this board is best for, talking vintage baseball cards. IN 2-3 days this won't be remembered too much....best regards