NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Default What Do You Do When A Card Has Been Lost In The Mail?

Posted By: Joe D.

cashews? cmon.... are you addie?

this is beyond silly.

Leon - help out here if you can - please check the IP addresses

Old 04-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cashews

addie is my nephew, the ebay account is a family one. if you are so interested you'll see my wife's jewelry purchases as well. i joined the board after he told me what happened and have enjoyed the place thus far. i am however not happy with this situation and need to stand up for him. he's a good kid and its a shame this happened but i do feel it is blown out of proportion. i trust he will do what is right. if i am shunned by association i will kindly tip my head and not post either. he has already deleted his account a few days ago. i will lurk as well if it is suggested.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Randy Trierweiler

I don't believe one word of Cashew's post.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Administrator

that is a shame randy but you don't have to its your right.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Cashews you need to put a valid email address with your posts.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Yet another example of why people with no name or email address displayed shouldn't be allowed to post.

Bill

Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Good catch. IT's exactly these kinds of threads where anonymity isn't allowed. Cashews you are going to either have to make yourself known or not post, or at very least, not post in these types of threads. I too am leaning towards Randy's thinking......until proven otherwise....regards

Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

i'm not on trial here dan. you can take my word for it or not. surely we are not the only family members on the board, are we? besides this fight is not mine to fight i just wanted to stand up for the kid because he's taken a lot of heat. i wish it was all dropped he will right everything. he worries though that even then it will be something else so he is no longer posting and has no desire to. i take it i am not welcomed either.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I still feel that some anonymity should be allowed if it's only in factual threads. I think the forum has benefited greatly from letting anonymous posting be done. It's much more difficult to manage though.....

Old 04-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Why wouldn't Cashews just say it's my nephew when he first accused Jim of cyberbullying? Instead this is what he wrote: "for all you know the guy might end up paying it all back anyway."

My money's on Cashews = Addie (Frank)

Old 04-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Administrator

edit: never mind.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Administrator

i wasnt trying to out myself and our relationship because i didnt want the association backlash. i just wanted to stand up for my nephew and make a point that would be listened to instead of cast off because of our association. i have been watching the thread develop for a while now but finally had to break my silence. this isnt the scandal it is made out to be.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Administrator

if it is my nephew:

instead of defending him - I would be telling him to at least email the person he owes money to.
And I would be telling him to refund the entire $150.

lack of communication is just plain wrong. And I would let my nephew know it... instead of defending him.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott L

Cashews
Can you tell us why your newphew hasn't sent Marty the agreed to refund yet?

Old 04-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

There's a hard & fast rule here, imho - no matter how much you post, if you don't divulge any personal info, you don't get to say anything of substance. Questions are okay, although we've seen that approach abused, as well (e.g., 'how much is my item worth', followed by jockeying for offers).

Too many people confuse privacy (not sharing an email address) with anonymity. We've seen the results... trolls.

Bill

Old 04-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

scott i would be happy to answer that question. the reason is that my nephew had e-mailed marty asking if he would accept the half refund he was prepared to offer but he hadnt heard back from marty until a few days ago. my nephew tells me martys e-mail was in his spam folder and he hadnt been aware hed gotten it until he saw this thread again. he has since e-mail marty and though he only wanted to give a half refund and told marty he would send him 75 dollars he will give a full one. martys check is going out on tuesday.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott L

Glad to hear it will work out. Thank you.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Cashews why aren't you putting a valid email address with your posts?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Administrator

dan i dont feel like being e-mailed thats why. if i were to sell something of course i'd privately message someone with my address but otherwise i dont see why its needed. its my private account and i dont wish to be contacted unless i want to be. network54 has my e-mail address that i used to register and i feel it is their business only.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Well, I don't really feel you should be posting to this forum then. Until such point you make it clear you are not Frank then you should not be posting here.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

full refund... that is great news.

great for addie. looking back at this... he will be able to hold his head up high and be proud of how he finally resolved the situation.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

what do you suggest i do? post a scan of my license? i am a private person and wish to remain as such. i dont feel as though i have anything to prove and have caused no trouble. your inquest is fine but i will decline to offer anymore personal information about myself or my family.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Well I certainly don't want to come across as the Spanish Inquisition here, but those rules are put in place for a reason.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Addie & Co.:

You may remain anonymous as long your post is not controversial or confrontational. Email addresses and full names are required in these cases.

It's the first freaking rule of the board, found on this page. If you don't like the rule, then don't post. Seems pretty simple.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Administrator

im not being confrontational or controversial. i think i have been quite calm. its already been made clear that my nephew will make good so why harp over it?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

First props to Tom Gross for the detective work - well done.

Second, just to clarify something above, I believe all Addie has ever claimed to have is a receipt showing he paid for postage to a certain zip code; no proof that the item was ever mailed and certainly no proof it got delivered. The receipt I get from shipping something USPS without delivery confirmation/registered mail, etc. is just a receipt of paying for postage. It says nothing about whether the postage was actually used.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Administrator

matt the postal receipt shows the destination of the package. unless you are suggesting my nephew sent a decoy package to the same town i don't know what you're trying to say. as was stated, my nephew will make good so why harp over it?

also, i dont know how it is at your local post office but where we live if you have a package weighed for postage it is always taken from the weigh table and placed into a cart with other weighted mail. is it different where you live? are you suggesting my nephew stole the package back he had paid the postage for? or are you suggesting my nephew sent a phantom package to an arbitrary address? my nephew has countless seller feedback on ebay. there has never been a problem before and he even provided marty with our user name to use as a reference. again, there is no need to even go on further as a full refund will be given to marty. youre beating a dead horse here.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Cashews,

For the record, I didn't take your post about bullying to be controversial or confrontational. It's one of the few issues in this thread that has two valid sides and is debatable.

I also do not think that you and addie are the same person. Your writing styles are very different. If you really are the same person you are very good at hiding it.

I'm glad addie is following up on settling this. It's the right thing to do.

On a different thread... were you able to work out the issue of the missing Hank Aaron signed ball? (With tongue in cheek), maybe you should just let it go. I'm sure the seller really mailed it.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Cashews - I wasn't suggesting anything about what you(r nephew) did or didn't do; I was just pointing out what proof he had. Proof of purchase of postage is not equivalent to proof of mailing. As you suggest the issue is resolved then there is no need to discuss it further.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

i did work out that issue and i received the ball today. whole thing seems like a damned if you do damned if you dont situation. my nephew is giving a refund but will continue to be shunned and now i will be shunned because of our relation and conspiracy theorists. having an opinion about something is one thing but i do feel like a few of you were very unfair to my nephew in the personal aspects you took the situation to. i feel as though a lot of you were quick to judge and even though you called my nephew a child and immature acted that way yourselves. im not pointing any fingers or calling anyone any names but things escalated extremely quickly from my nephew defending his position to an all out pile on even if my nephew may have been in the wrong. still he never felt the need to take it to that level while some of you did in this thread and his innocent grover cleveland thread. i am now happy to say the whole thing is over. if you still dont want me to post anymore then i wont. but just for the record i really enjoy this site.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

If your nephew makes good, I don't think he'll be shunned. And I certainly don't think you said or did anything that called for shunning. Perhaps you could have been a little more transparent in the familial connection, but no real harm was done as I see it.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Wow. This all just gets dumber and dumber.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

dave f i was waiting for you to chime in. you seem like the kind of guy id want to have a whiskey with.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony S.

Curious how the moment "Shoppincher" ("my parents won't let me give my email address") was dispatched, Addie showed up. And then after Addie wouldn't do right by Marty, Addie's "uncle" (wink, wink), "Cashews", showed up. Strange. Dare I say, coincidental. Who's next?

Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elm

I just can't believe how many times "your" is being used when it should be "you're." This board needs spell check.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Spell check would not help in that case as 'your' is a properly spelled word.

Steve

Old 04-13-2008, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Your going to be disappointed with you're suggestion.

You're going to be disappointed with your suggestion.

Their going to be disappointed with they're suggestion.

They're going to be disappointed with their suggestion.

There.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

Wow, how silly! Anyone doing deals through USPS (or any other co.) needs to spend a buck and get some kind of receipt. Period! I would expect my card/purchase or my money back, if you can't show proof of shipping. It's a tough lesson, but should only have to be learned once. Come on, how old do you need to be to understand that logic? Cashews... You need to explain to Joss that doing $100+ deals on the internet comes with some responsibility. No defense necessary, just some common sense.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

There - place
Their - possessive
They're - they are

Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Jeff and Jim,

Thanks for the "food for thought". I tend to believe that most people here (on this board) are honest so my thought process is kind of fixed (in a sense). In any case, the comments were good, it's always nice to see the whole picture.

It sounds as if a 50/50 shared responsibility is going to take place, that's awesome in that both parties are willing to work it out. I guess the best outcome will be when Marty pays that 50% back (if the package arrives).

I've purchased things on the BST and in a few cases the items were recieved within days. In one case the item was shipped, insured but didn't arrive for almost a month. Since the seller is a board member in good standing I never really worried about it too much.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Administrator

nevermind just live and let live. this is over.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elm

Grammar check?? :D

Old 04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Administrator

he receipt I get from shipping something USPS without delivery confirmation/registered mail, etc. is just a receipt of paying for postage. It says nothing about whether the postage was actually used

It most certainly does.

It proves an item was sent because the receipt shows the zip code it was sent to.

The only receipt I get when I do not send a package is a receipt for stamps.

In this case the OP sent a parcel to the zip code.

Steve

Old 04-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Administrator

"It proves an item was sent because the receipt shows the zip code it was sent to."

No, all that proves is that you bought postage to send something to that zip code. As I said above, unless I ship it with some additional service, like delivery confirmation, where they give you a separate USPS stamped receipt of shipping, all I get is a a receipt of paying for postage to a zip code.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:02 AM
Administrator

I get is a a receipt of paying for postage to a zip code.

What are you talking about? You mean you can buy postage to a zip code and not send anything?

Anytime and I mean EVERYTIME I buy 'postage' to a zipcode I have to send something.

A letter, a parcel a magazine.

Steve

Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Administrator

No, all that proves is that you bought postage to send something to that zip code

Earlier you claimed it meant that postage was only bought but not used.

You can't buy postage to a zipcode and leave with the item and say you will send it later.

It is not the same as using buying stamps, at the counter with a stack of items and walking away.

I'm really not following your logic here.

Steve

Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Gee, I haven't looked back at this thread since it was resurrected...and I missed a spelling and usage discussion. I have to get on the ball.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bobw

Someone using the automated postal machine in the PO could mail their package, get a receipt showing the zip code but then NOT deposit the package in the chute.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

The bottom line is it doesn't matter...receipt, no receipt...who cares. The package never arrived. "Addie" dropped the ball on this one. I do find it funny basically the day he quits posting here all the sudden his uncle starts up. Neither "Addie" nor "Uncle" have provided a public email here. If there is actually an uncle suddenly posting here unfortunately there is enough fishy questions raised for me that I'd never do business with either one.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:30 AM
Administrator

your hands must be made of glue.