NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default Petition to Reinstate Peter Chaos

Posted By: PC

Jim -- right near Forest Park. Ever play that golf course? It's still in decent shape, especially by NYC course standards.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John H.

This cereal chatter reminded me of a classic from the Letterman show back in the 80's:

Dave's crack research team unearthed the fact that Snap, Crackle & Pop had a little known brother named Roy.

It's not related to cereal or the reinstatement of Peter C. but another one that I'll never forget is the answer to who "they" actually are. "They" as in "They say that if you cross your eyes too often they might stay that way." The "Late Night" researchers discovered that "they" are actually the Van Patten family.

I like Honey Nut Cheerios, Sugar Crisp (Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp.) and Raisin Bran. Do they not call it Sugar Crisp in the U.S. anymore?

John

Old 12-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

Jim- it's all good, i wasn't even thinking you had problems with NYers, i actually thought i came off too cocky...

p.s. i was born in Jamaica Hosptial too! grew up on long island, then spent HS & college years near Philly, now i've been in NYC for the last 10 years...

Old 12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

PC,

We weren't the golf playing type family back then (read "poor".) However, my Dad, brother and I often played tennis on the Forest Park courts.

John H,

Nutritional correctness has gotten the best of most marketing departments. Sugar Crisp is now Golden Crisp. Sugar Smacks is now Honey Smacks. Like we don't know what we're really buying. Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs lives on only in old Calvin & Hobbes strips.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred C

Sometimes I don't understand this board. The highacking of threads takes place daily. The New Yorkers are now starting to talk about being a "New Yarker". Isn't this a thread about cereal? sheesh....

Old 12-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

After 104 posts, nobody has mentioned my favorite as a kid. Does anyone remember Crispy Critters? Tasted just like Alpha Bits, but Animal Shapes instead. The "spokeslion" was Linus the Lionhearted (pictured below...)

In an attempt to get this runaway thread back on topic, I am also attaching the premium that went along with this cereal!

Old 12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

Jim -- I hear you. But I definitely wouldn't equate playing golf at Forest Park with having money. Trust me.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John H.

Jim VB,

We get down to the US fairly often and my wife always drags me through the grocery aisles but I hadn't noticed the name change. They're still Sugar Crisp here in the Great White North. Some other cereals have changed their names, though.

John

Old 12-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Old 12-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul S

...sponsored by Post Cereal has the dubious distinction of being the first kids' show pulled off the air because the FCC thought the tie-in was too close between the show and the sponsor. Of course nowadays you can't GET a children's show on the air without a total merchandising deal.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Fred Y

Another ad song I remember:

Mom's love Pops, and Pop's do too,
and all the kids love 'em just the way we do!
Kellogs Sugar Corn Pops--
Sugar Pops are TOPS!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean C

Then again, I'm a "no second chances" kind of guy. It's not like Leon didn't warn him plenty of times to stop.

Old 01-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter_Spaeth

I would recommend reinstating him, but first he has to ask, on the Board. Oh, wait, he can't ask if he can't log on? Catch-22!

Old 01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rob

It's tough to take your recommendation too seriously when you mispelled 2 of the 3 words you wrote. Pretty much shows you do not care that much which lessens your credibility.

That is 33 1/3%, might be good for a BA, but not so good when trying to elicit support for reinstatement.

Old 01-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

Lets see offers nothing to the vintage board. Probably didnt buy a new scanner. Drove most of the members crazy!!
Look how peaceful its been. I dont believe Leon has had to lock 1 thread since his demise. Plus my Dr. told me my blood pressure has gone down 20 points in the last month!
I believe its a direct effect of the "CHAOS" removal.
Wait I feel the pressure already getting bad!! Lets not and say we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I think the first poster was a troll and his post got deleted......if not then they need to email me...This subject really isn't open for debate right now. It's been pretty good around here lately and we hope to keep it that way at least for a little while longer. .....regards