NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
I want to thank Josh Evans owner of Leland’s Auctions for helping me get some provenance on some of the memorabilia I acquired as collateral from Peter Nash. Below is some of the documents Katherine Dooley’s attorney sent me proving undeniable evidence that Peter Nash did obtain items once owned by Nuf Ced McGreevy and John Dooley.

Let me explain, last year Josh Evans called me yelling and cursing at me, calling me a liar that Peter Nash never acquired any memorabilia from Katherine Dooley nor did I ever meet Katherine Dooley. Mr. Evan pissed me off so much that it caused me to search for Katherine Dooley’s attorney.

Peter Nash acquired a huge treasure trove of sports memorabilia from the Dooley family and not just the items from the bill of sale of 54 items I previously showed you and the 2 scrapbooks of John Drohan the sportswriter that Nash purchased on 4/8/05 from Katherine Dooley, see below. But there was a huge amount of stuff downstairs in the basement and a lot of this stuff was in picture frames. I remember when Peter Nash called me sometime in the spring of 2005 all excited about the treasure trove of memorabilia he found in Katherine “Kitty” Dooley’s basement, it sounded like he hit the lottery, he told me it was worth millions of dollars. The treasure trove of memorabilia he found in the basement was after he purchase the 54 items. A large amount of this treasure trove was Mike “Nuf Ced” McGreevy’s personal collection that was sold by McGreevy’s daughter, Alice Thompson for $1,000 in 1962 and the money went to charity, the Jimmy Fund, and she asked that the buyer be anonymous which was John Dooley. How did, Nash acquired the McGreevy collection? Maybe old lady Dooley gave it to him or maybe he borrowed it from her? We do know that the law firm put in writing that Peter Nash was allowed to take some memorabilia from the house and get it appraised but the law firm has no idea what these items where, see below, email from Dooley's law firm.

In 2005 Nash gave a lot of the McGreevy memorabilia to Robert Edward Action as collateral to borrow money. When Peter Nash was deposed by Robert Edward Auction's law firm and asked question about the collateral and where it came from he pleaded the fifth dozens of times. Why hasn’t Peter Nash written anything about these wonderful items from Nuf Ced McGreevy on his website? I thought some of you would like to read an article about John Dooley because it’s interesting baseball history, see below. By the way, Owen Boyd, one of John Dooley's grandsons told me his grandfather's baseball collection was so large that you could have made a museum out of it.

Subject: RE: Peter Nash - Katherine (Kitty) Dooley

Date: 05/29/13 03:43:50 PM

To: "'lkochfraser@optonline.net'"
Cc: "Matthew Lee"

Dear Robert,

This email serves to confirm our conversation regarding the appraisal of items owned by Katherine Dooley. At some point, although we do not know the exact date, Ms. Dooley gave Peter Nash permission to seek appraisals of some of her baseball memorabilia. Regrettably, we cannot confirm the date these appraisals occurred, the items that were appraised or their appraised value.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey W. Roberts
Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
Seaport West
155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02210
Direct line 617.439.2149 Fax 617.310.9149
www.nutter.com

Last edited by Sunny; 02-28-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Peter Nash acquired a huge treasure trove of sports memorabilia from the Dooley family and not just the items from the bill of sale of 54 items I previously showed you and the 2 scrapbooks of John Drohan the sportswriter that Nash purchased on 4/8/05 from Katherine Dooley, see below. But there was a huge amount of stuff downstairs in the basement and a lot of this stuff was in picture frames. I remember when Peter Nash called me sometime in the spring of 2005 all excited about the treasure trove of memorabilia he found in Katherine “Kitty” Dooley’s basement, it sounded like he hit the lottery, he told me it was worth millions of dollars. The treasure trove of memorabilia he found in the basement was after he purchase the 54 items. A large amount of this treasure trove was Mike “Nuf Ced” McGreevy’s personal collection that was sold by McGreevy’s daughter, Alice Thompson for $1,000 in 1962 and the money went to charity, the Jimmy Fund, and she asked that the buyer be anonymous which was John Dooley. How did, Nash acquired the McGreevy collection? Maybe old lady Dooley gave it to him or maybe he borrowed it from her? We do know that the law firm put in writing that Peter Nash was allowed to take some memorabilia from the house and get it appraised but the law firm has no idea what these items where, see below, email from Dooley's law firm.

In 2005 Nash gave a lot of the McGreevy memorabilia to Robert Edward Action as collateral to borrow money. When Peter Nash was deposed by Robert Edward Auction's law firm and asked question about the collateral and where it came from he pleaded the fifth dozens of times. Why hasn’t Peter Nash written anything about these wonderful items from Nuf Ced McGreevy on his website? I thought some of you would like to read an article about John Dooley because it’s interesting baseball history, see below. By the way, Owen Boyd, one of John Dooley's grandsons told me his grandfather's baseball collection was so large that you could have made a museum out of it.

Subject: RE: Peter Nash - Katherine (Kitty) Dooley

Date: 05/29/13 03:43:50 PM

To: "'lkochfraser@optonline.net'"
Cc: "Matthew Lee"

Dear Robert,

This email serves to confirm our conversation regarding the appraisal of items owned by Katherine Dooley. At some point, although we do not know the exact date, Ms. Dooley gave Peter Nash permission to seek appraisals of some of her baseball memorabilia. Regrettably, we cannot confirm the date these appraisals occurred, the items that were appraised or their appraised value.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeffrey W. Roberts
Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
Seaport West
155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, MA 02210
Direct line 617.439.2149 Fax 617.310.9149
www.nutter.com
Hey Peter, where are these items bellows? These are a few items you gave to that pawn dealer in Clifton Park, NY. I heard you did one of those 30 day buy back deals. If you still own these items and anything else you need to turn it over to pay down on the Judgment.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Hey Peter Nash, I guess Lois Lerner is going to learn the same fate as you in pleading the fifth, you’ll understand that if you were paying attention to the news. Pete, you should have told Mr. Lifson the truth about all of your assets after you lost the lawsuit. I’ve seen the Court Ordered Information Subpoena that was filed under oath and you stated that you have only $500 cash to your name. Meanwhile money is flowing in from John Rogers and what about all that memorabilia that you had in a storage unit next to Cooperstown Dream Park. You showed me that storage unit and it was packed tight with memorabilia. If you had told Mr. Lifson the truth you would not be facing a $250,000 legal bill. I noticed online that you’re going to court on the 28th of this month, good luck, you’re facing the same Judge that found you guilty of civil fraud. My advice is before you go to court make a deal, give all of your memorabilia/assets to Mr. lifson and ask him to shave something off on the legal bill. Remember the 10% interest will apply to the legal fees the Judge awards Mr. Lifson. If your assets are enough to pay back Mr. Lifson then the remaining amount will go to pay down my Judgment against you. I don’t know if you have any memorabilia/assets left, it’s hard to believe you don’t, and if you do it’s time to give it up.

I remember back sometime around 1999 when you gave me a bunch of memorabilia to hide from your creditors specifically Connie Dinallo that had a Judgment against you for $500,000 and I had this memorabilia it in my closet for years. I remember one of the boxes was filled with old painted baseball. Once in a while you would call me and tell me I’m coming over to get some of the memorabilia because you needed to sell it. One time you even had me bring over a signed team baseball to some guy Mr. Mint in Montvale, NJ and you gave me $100 for selling it to him. You told me you would do it yourself but you didn’t like him. I have to assume you’re doing the same thing now and hiding memorabilia. If you are it’s time to give it up.

Pete, under the threat of Contempt of Court you finally turned over your bank records which must have been embarrassing. I’ve seen some of these bank records and the large wire transfers of money John Rogers sent you. I noticed that you were still bouncing checks, I still have the 7 checks that you bounced on my wife and me. I guess I’ll sell those checks on eBay someday maybe some of your rapper fans may like to buy your signature.

Pete, one of your biggest mistakes was buying the first baseball pitched at the 1912 Grand Opening of Fenway Park that was auction off by Sotheby’s/SCP back in June of 2005. You were not financially in the position of bidding on that baseball so you had David Hunt bid and lend you the money on the 1912 first pitched baseball at Fenway Park. Why did Mr. Hunt lend this money to you? Did you give Hunt Auctions some of you John Dooley Collection as collateral? I remember you asking me for the money to pay David Hunt $132,000 plus $5,000 fee for purchasing it for you. I noticed that Hunt Auctions sold 5 John Dooley letters on July 13, 2010 that were written to him by Barney Dreyfuss, Hugh Jennings, Kenesaw Landis, and 2 letters from Charles Comiskey that sold for a total of $10,053. Why back in 2005 did you put yourself in such debt? You borrow $8,000 in 2005 from my wife, Lisa to buy an antique bar so you could build McGreevy’s bar/museum and you have never paid her back. Part of our lawsuit against you was recovering that money with interest. Maybe I should attach the antique bar to the Judgment and take it from McGreevy’s Bar in Boston? I wonder what your partners in Boston would think of that, although I heard there not too happy with you.

Last edited by Sunny; 03-07-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:23 PM
N.ate A.dams

Read back a couple pages, and realized there was no need for my post regarding some people questioning the placement this thread. IMO, I think it's perfectly relevant to our hobby, and can serve a positive purpose. Go team.

Last edited by npa589; 03-06-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Dan Bretta

As long as Peter Nash is slinging mud on his blog I have no problem with Robert using a thread or two to strike back. Nash is a hypocrite, and the more he is exposed the safer the hobby is from him. Anyone having a problem with this thread is free to skip it or put Mr Fraser on your ignore list.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Belltown Vintage

I just wish I could afford to make him an offer on one or two of his 'Nuf Ced' items.