NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Default Crazy Ebay Deal - 25% UP TO $250 OFF ANY BIN PURCHASE

Posted By: John H.

I think the problem is that all of the ebay links on my Live.com page are to ebay.ca. Have any other Canucks tried this?

Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: neal

You can also type in iphone or Wii and it'll bring up the 25% discount.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

I just wanted to confirm that this works as long as you still see the Live Cashback logo on the "Commit-to-Buy" page... I have done it a few times now and have received payment. On a semi-related note - does anyone know if it is really no longer possible to fund a PayPal purchase with a credit card? Right now it will only allow me to select my bank account as a funding source... if this is the case, I can't believe how much regulation eBay is putting on its users. Taking away payment options is not going to help buyers or sellers.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matthew

I think you can still use a CC to pay with Paypal (used mine Monday night). They would much rather that you use your bank acct & sometimes make it difficult to use a card. I took my bank info out of my Paypal profile after hearing a few horror stories.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I wanted to bump this up to the top. I had forgotten to use this when I bought a card for $500 (dumb, dumb) but just saved $54.75 on an E97 card. It appears to be a great tool and I wanted to mention that the instructions seemed easy to follow. Hopefully all will go well but I wanted to pass it along in these troubling economic times that any savings is a good one.
tbob

Old 11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

If anyone is still reading this thread, a little help would be appreciated. I set up my Microsoft Live account, went to ebay through the maze and hit a BIN, making sure the 25% off logo was there. I paid with Paypal (bank). I then received a message from ebay that congrats I had just saved the $54.75 and click on the Get Cash Back button. I clicked the button and it whisked me to a page showing my Cash Back account but it still said $00.00. Nothing under pending, nothing under available, etc.
Any ideas why it is not showing up? It seems like it should at least be "pending".
Thanks,
tbob

Old 11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

Bob,

Give it a day or two for it to show up. I remember when I did a few transactions in conjunction with this program that there was a bit of lag time.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

does take 2-3 days max. however i had one where the money was not transferred at all...ebay/microsoft support is not a big help for this program. almost 3 months later and i've basically given up on that transaction. MS also shut down the chat support.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

bumped for Mike, with a note that it seems to be down at the moment for maintenance but is expected to return.

Old 11-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan U

The 25% discount is back up if you do a search on "WII"

It looks like they speeded up the time it takes to hit your account (mine took 20 minutes) and the message to the ebay account now says "You're eligible for Microsoft cash" instead of "You've earned cash back".

-Alan

Old 11-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I keep getting redirected to some oddball sites form the Live search page;
not to ebay to use the discount....any help?

Mark
mrios@hotmail.com

Old 11-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

When I use the live.com search engine, I search for t206. This almost always brings up the "save 25% off Ebay" link.

Clink the T206 link and you'll see Microsoft Cashback program message on the Ebay page. From there, find the eligible item you want and purchase it. I find it works best if you have the Ebay item number once you get into Ebay through www.live.com search.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: AndyS

Can anyone from the Great White North (Canada) confirm that they can see the link. I only get the ebay.ca links with no advertisement for the cashback in the grey area. First time poster, long time lurker. Hello everyone!!!