NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-21-2014, 11:07 AM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
OK, I'll be the one to ask, name and all, why is this on the main page when it apparently has nothing to do with pre-war baseball cards?
ssshhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 02-21-2014, 11:10 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
This is getting to be unhealthy. I understand being upset but posting all of this material is not a good idea.
Why is it not a good idea Alex? It has to do with fraud in our hobby. At least what is being posted is factual documents not hearsay and sources.

If Robert wants to use this public forum as an avenue to try and add more pressure and awareness on the frauds committed by Peter Nash why should that be an issue? The thread title is pretty self-explanatory and you’ve visited the thread so you know roughly what it’s about. So ignore the thread if you think it’s unhealthy.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:24 AM
David Pierson
Banned

This:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rob ford.jpg (28.0 KB, 480 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Rich v@n He$$

Dumb question, but does the Peter Nash post on this board? Im assuming the Prime Minister does not.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Not under his own name.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:41 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Why is it not a good idea Alex? It has to do with fraud in our hobby. At least what is being posted is factual documents not hearsay and sources.

If Robert wants to use this public forum as an avenue to try and add more pressure and awareness on the frauds committed by Peter Nash why should that be an issue? The thread title is pretty self-explanatory and you’ve visited the thread so you know roughly what it’s about. So ignore the thread if you think it’s unhealthy.

John - I think having am entire thread devoted to a personal matter is not appropriate. It also seems border line harassment to me. Let me be clear that I am not picking sides as I don't know either person and was not around when any of this happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

John--Robert made his point and then some. His posts are at this point are getting really old, really quick. I don't mean to minimize what Peter has done, but enough is enough here. I agree with the prior poster, move future posts about this somewhere else and give other readers the joy of Robert's prose.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

Yeah, much better to discuss for the 100th time people's favorite T206 portraits or background color.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
Why don't you just let the judge know he has not complied and get a bench warrant for his arrest?
JimB
+1

I have been wondering the same thing..
Old 02-21-2014, 01:49 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Not under his own name.
Adrian?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:54 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:

But John, that would mean everyone would have to be responsible for their own actions rather than having other people do it for them.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

I like Robert, Dan and John. All are interesting, intelligent and opinionated (proactive defense)

Robert's the only one who is really seriously affected adversely by any of this - it's just frustrating to not hear any sort of meaningful plan from him, since after all, he is posting all of this stuff on our vintage baseball card discussion forum, not on his own 'Peter Nash is an A-Hole' Forum. Being a member only of the former, and being in that venue at this exact moment, I feel justified in stating that opinion. Hope it's okay.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:

plus 1
Old 02-21-2014, 02:36 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
John - I think having am entire thread devoted to a personal matter is not appropriate. It also seems border line harassment to me. Let me be clear that I am not picking sides as I don't know either person and was not around when any of this happened.

I think that fraud like this that has been perpetrated on this level against anyone is PERFECTLY APPROPRIATE.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Yeah, much better to discuss for the 100th time people's favorite T206 portraits or background color.
now that's funny....
Old 02-21-2014, 02:38 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
John--Robert made his point and then some. His posts are at this point are getting really old, really quick. I don't mean to minimize what Peter has done, but enough is enough here. I agree with the prior poster, move future posts about this somewhere else and give other readers the joy of Robert's prose.
Jay, I would agree that it's getting a little bit long in the tooth and it would be nice if Robert was to outline a plan or be a bit clearer on things. With that said I also agree with Peter and sort feel the same.

There are countless threads about the same topics over and over on here just the nature of the beast. It also doesn’t stop lots of folks starting their own threads on other stuff that is very self-serving i.e. guess my grades, look at my progress etc. at least this thread is hobby news that can affect us all vs. what grades your recent submission got.

If it gives Robert a little happiness to vent I can tolerate it or ignore the post I guess more than others.I only wish so many who chime in on Robert’s posts were as vocal against Peter Nash and his shenanigans, at the end of the day Robert is a victim and not the bad guy here.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I like Robert, Dan and John. All are interesting, intelligent and opinionated (proactive defense)

Robert's the only one who is really seriously affected adversely by any of this - it's just frustrating to not hear any sort of meaningful plan from him, since after all, he is posting all of this stuff on our vintage baseball card discussion forum, not on his own 'Peter Nash is an A-Hole' Forum. Being a member only of the former, and being in that venue at this exact moment, I feel justified in stating that opinion. Hope it's okay.
There may not be a hell of a lot he can do. It seems in terms of Nash's own assets he appears to be behind REA and perhaps other creditors. It seems Nash no longer is in possession of the specific items he has been ordered to return to Robert. So maybe Robert is hoping these posts bring out information someone may have about the whereabouts of the items.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Not under his own name.
Concerning Peter Nash............And if I find out which ID it is he will be banned in a heartbeat as he has been before. Now, if he wants to man up and come in under his own name.....he is more than welcome on the forum. But he can't be a puss and be anonymous.

As for this thread being here and on the main forum. Seems fine to me. It's a big issue and the more it gets seen the better. But that is just my opinion....

Last edited by Leon; 02-21-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93 View Post
Why don't you just let the judge know he has not complied and get a bench warrant for his arrest?
JimB
That has already been tried and done, to no avail, see below, warrant for Peter Nash's arrest. Also please read the 3 page letter Robert Edward Auctions attorney wrote a few days before the Judge signed the warrant for Peter Nash's arrest. You will see that Mr. Nash did not cooperate with the Court's Orders so the Judge issued a warrant for Peter Nash's arrest. Still to this day Nash has not cooperated in turning over his assets.

I need to spend my legal fees wisely. I'm going after wage garnishment and any assets the Nash's can't hide such as the website, Hauls of Shame. As for Mr. Angelo he's a licensed CPA, he can't hide, with deep pockets and if he continues to refuse to turn over information on the stolen memorabilia my wife and I will file a complaint with the Westwood police.

http://www.net54baseball.com/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_Pic0033.jpg (69.6 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg Scan_Pic0034.jpg (74.2 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg Scan_Pic0035.jpg (72.6 KB, 416 views)
File Type: jpg Scan_Pic0036.jpg (77.5 KB, 417 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
But John, that would mean everyone would have to be responsible for their own actions rather than having other people do it for them.
Hahaha .... oh wait you were being serious?
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

Robert, why is Nash the plaintiff in the suit against REA?

Old 02-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Looks like he is claiming ownership of the Tenney stuff?
Old 02-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Peter Nash sued Rob Lifson for selling the 1912 first pitched ball at the grand opening of Fenway Park. Peter Nash consigned the ball to Rob Lifson as collateral, see link

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2007/882.html

I was friends with Nash at the time and I remember Nash going crazy that his 1912 ball was being sold in Lifson's 2007 spring auction. This is the same ball that Nash tried to sell me 49 percent ownership in for $250,000, the same ball Nash wanted to cut up into little 2 inch threats and told me we would net 23 million dollars. Nash started the lawsuit claiming Lifson couldn't sell it because Nash had sold one percent of the ball for $2,500. You know the rest of the story, Lifson counter sued and Nash lost admitting to fraud. Apparently Nash must have believed he could net 23 million dollars by cutting up the ball, I realize it's delusional but why else would he start such a pathetic lawsuit against Lifson.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:48 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:

Alex, fair enough. I will say that I find your reasons a bit hard to follow. Just the sentence above....you have no knowledge of the people or the circumstances yet you draw the conclusion its harassment and not appropriate?

Second having a thread all to ones self for personal reasons is pretty much this entire site. How many threads are about such things as.....

I bought this so is it real?
Can somebody put me in touch with someone else?
Please look at my progress on this set thus far....
Has anyone bought from this seller? I want to buy from him....
Please guess my grades, I think I was robbed.
Does my card looked trimmed?

There are plenty of threads that are started for self serving reasons I don't see this as any different. Perhaps less innocent but at the same time more impactful to many as this is about fraud which effects us all vs. the PSA 3 someone got vs the EX they were expecting so rally to my aid thread.

Just my two cents and the great part about a single thread is I can always ignore it. Now if Robert starts posting in every thread the same stuff no matter the topic I would agree.

Cheers,

John
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Peter Spaeth

Then there are the threads of general interest. SGC v PSA v101.2. Fake Honus Wagner on ebay.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 02-21-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Then there are the threads of general interest. SGC v PSA v101.2. Fake Honus Wagner on ebay.
What there's a fake Wagner on eBay link please?
Old 02-21-2014, 06:36 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post
Looks like he is claiming ownership of the Tenney stuff?
Yes Nash did, he claimed Rick Tenney gave him the Tenney collection. I talked to Rick many times and he said Nash is a liar. Rick Tenney filed a police report on Peter Nash in Cooperstown, NY. I posted the police report before but I'll post it again just in case someone hasn't seen it.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/.../2007/882.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_Pic0008.jpg (74.1 KB, 391 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Belltown Vintage

Robert, thanks for clarifying your plans over the last few posts.

Does NOT having Nash thrown in jail accomplish anything for you?
Old 02-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
How does Peter Nash keep track of all of the lawsuits he is in?
There's an app for that.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:31 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Old 02-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Alex

John - Good point.

SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-21-2014, 08:34 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Alex, all good. I agree at first glance the whole thing is a mess...mostly because it really is just that a total mess...but that's Peter Nash for you.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 02-21-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Classic!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:38 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Now she's impressed.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Maybe one of our attorney members can answer this:

If you use personal property you do not own as collateral to get a loan and sign papers pledging that property and claiming ownership, isn't that a VERY SERIOUS crime? I would think that is right up there with forgery.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Classic!
+1
Old 02-22-2014, 06:16 AM
Alex

Quote:

If you use personal property you do not own as collateral to get a loan and sign papers pledging that property and claiming ownership, isn't that a VERY SERIOUS crime? I would think that is right up there with forgery.

What state?

SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

Old 02-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:

News flash, please see what I just posted on the thread "John Rogers Home and Business Searched by the FBI".

Best regards,

Robert Fraser
Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Belltown Vintage

Robert, I might have missed this in your previous posts or your introduction, but are you still collecting? Based on the items you have mentioned in your posts, I would assume that you have a very cool collection. Could you post any of it, or give us any idea what your collecting interests currently are?
Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Robert, I might have missed this in your previous posts or your introduction, but are you still collecting? Based on the items you have mentioned in your posts, I would assume that you have a very cool collection. Could you post any of it, or give us any idea what your collecting interests currently are?
When I first met Peter Nash in the summer of 1995 I did not collect baseball memorabilia. Ironically I met him at his “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY. A good friend of mine that I was visiting in Cooperstown introduced Peter Nash to me at the museum. This same friend was dating Peter Nash’s sister in law. Eventually I became good friends with Peter Nash and did some deals with Peter buying and selling memorabilia and made a little bit of money. Over the years I have bought a few items for myself. I do wish I invested in sport memorabilia many years ago rather than investing in the stock market. Most of my collection consist of the memorabilia my wife and I received from Peter Nash as collateral which by Court Order we have been awarded all right, title and legal interest to sell and the proceeds shall be applied to the Judgment we have against the Nash’s. I'll start posting some of the items I have for sale. Here's a few pins that were owned by Nuf Ced McGreevy and a pin owned by Jimmy Collins. If interested please contact me and make me a fair offer and it's yours.

http://

Last edited by Sunny; 02-23-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:44 AM
Al Richter

Default Investments

I hope this comes ok for you. As someone who has been collecting baseball cards since 1957 and buying stocks since 1975, and am now retired, I am personally glad I did not go short on stocks
Old 02-23-2014, 07:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
When I first met Peter Nash in the summer of 1995 I did not collect baseball memorabilia. Ironically I met him at his “American Baseball Archives and Wax Museum” in Cooperstown, NY. A good friend of mine that I was visiting in Cooperstown introduced Peter Nash to me at the museum. This same friend was dating Peter Nash’s sister in law. Eventually I became good friends with Peter Nash and did some deals with Peter buying and selling memorabilia and made a little bit of money. Over the years I have bought a few items for myself. I do wish I invested in sport memorabilia many years ago rather than investing in the stock market. Most of my collection consist of the memorabilia my wife and I received from Peter Nash as collateral which by Court Order we have been awarded all right, title and legal interest to sell and the proceeds shall be applied to the Judgment we have against the Nash’s. I'll start posting some of the items I have for sale. Here's a few pins that were owned by Nuf Ced McGreevy and a pin owned by Jimmy Collins. If interested please contact me and make me a fair offer and it's yours.

If you post anything else for sale it needs to go in the correct BST area. If you need help or have questions with that please PM or email me. thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 AM
David Pierson
Banned

I too, am happy I invested in stocks back in the early 70's. DJIA was under 800, and the big talk was wondering if it would ever hit 1,000....ha ha. I piled on to a few stock rockets, and now my six figure pension is just pocket change/fun money. Sports collectibles shouldn't be considered investments.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
If you post anything else for sale it needs to go in the correct BST area. If you need help or have questions with that please PM or email me. thanks
No problem, thank you.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:

I want to thank Josh Evans owner of Leland’s Auctions for helping me get some provenance on some of the memorabilia I acquired as collateral from Peter Nash. Below is some of the documents Katherine Dooley’s attorney sent me proving undeniable evidence that Peter Nash did obtain items once owned by Nuf Ced McGreevy and John Dooley.

Let me explain, last year Josh Evans called me yelling and cursing at me, calling me a liar that Peter Nash never acquired any memorabilia from Katherine Dooley nor did I ever meet Katherine Dooley. Mr. Evan pissed me off so much that it caused me to search for Katherine Dooley’s attorney.

Last edited by Sunny; 02-23-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Sunny- I hope you get restitution. After reading everything you have posted it would seem Mr.Nash leads a very busy life. It can't be easy always wondering who is knocking at your door or what subpoena or court order might be served next? I can't imagine keeping up with all of those judgments, warrants, etc..etc... That in itself would be a job.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Rob.ert Fra.ser

Quote:
Sunny- I hope you get restitution. After reading everything you have posted it would seem Mr.Nash leads a very busy life. It can't be easy always wondering who is knocking at your door or what subpoena or court order might be served next? I can't imagine keeping up with all of those judgments, warrants, etc..etc... That in itself would be a job.
Thank you, Leon. It will certainly be an uphill battle to get full restitution from the Nash's. It's a shame that Peter Nash made it difficult for Lifson to go after his assets, causing Lifson to rack up a $250,000 legal bill. Nash has ask for an adjournment to hire an attorney to oppose the legal fees. The problem Nash will have is that the Judge signed Order in favor of Lifson that out of state depositions shall be recoverable on further application as a cost incurred in aid of litigant's rights for collection. It's too bad Nash didn't cooperate and give the money he received from John Rogers to Lifson or at least a good portion of it. By now Lifson would be paid off and I could be collecting. It make no sense to me why Nash keeps digging a deeper hole for himself. Is there anybody out there that's a psychiatrist that can explain this behavior?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thank you, Leon. It will certainly be an uphill battle to get full restitution from the Nash's. It's a shame that Peter Nash made it difficult for Lifson to go after his assets, causing Lifson to rack up a $250,000 legal bill. Nash has ask for an adjournment to hire an attorney to oppose the legal fees. The problem Nash will have is that the Judge signed Order in favor of Lifson that out of state depositions shall be recoverable on further application as a cost incurred in aid of litigant's rights for collection. It's too bad Nash didn't cooperate and give the money he received from John Rogers to Lifson or at least a good portion of it. By now Lifson would be paid off and I could be collecting. It make no sense to me why Nash keeps digging a deeper hole for himself. Is there anybody out there that's a psychiatrist that can explain this behavior?
Hi Robert
I should mention something too. If the things you have CAME FROM PETER NASH, then I either don't want them sold on this board or I want impeccable provenance before they are listed. That provenance will HAVE to be more than it came from the alleged biggest fraudster in the hobby, Peter Nash. I don't want anyone on our board getting burnt the way at least one other very good friend has been. Nothing personal, I just think almost anything Peter Nash dealt with is tainted. Not everything, but enough that I don't want his stuff sold on this board. For this issue ONLY I am going to be the one saying if it can be sold or not. I got some additional information today from a confidential source warning me again of these items. Nothing personal and I do hope you get complete resolution and restitution. That being said, if you were partners or running buddies with Nash, some folks might think that your hands aren't perfectly clean in all of this.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Tom Boblitt

Cool pins...........I have a Pee Wee Reese pin that is exactly like the 1939 Centennial Jimmy Collins Pin you have.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Now that's funny! Well played, Chris.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.