NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoizeBringer View Post
Not really making a strong case that you're deserving of the "good guy" title Leon generously bestowed upon you with posts like that, Shawn. If you're trying to make it worse, well done.

-Ryan
+2
Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtn240 View Post
Point taken. Just getting frustrated as to where this thread has gone. Pete is in fact getting the card for less than what he had bid on it... not that it matters.
Just didn't think it would have been publicized like this.
And I still don't agree that it should succumb to name-calling
This thread wouldn't have been made if you hadn't so obviously lied about the card. And now you've made it worse for yourself.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
This thread wouldn't have been made if you hadn't so obviously lied about the card. And now you've made it worse for yourself.
+1

You should have just kept your trap shut! Your statement did nothing but prove that you are a POS whose items I will never bid on. You are untrustworthy, a liar, and not someone whom I do not wish to do business with. You never had a leg to stand on and to have you buck up at me just makes you look foolish.

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 01-12-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Al

Default glad to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtn240 View Post
Point taken. Just getting frustrated as to where this thread has gone. Pete is in fact getting the card for less than what he had bid on it... not that it matters.
Just didn't think it would have been publicized like this.
And I still don't agree that it should succumb to name-calling
Shawn,
I made some points in the above post and I believe you saw them and now you are trying to make things right. Without bringing all the other crap that has happened one thing I want to say is Good for you. Finish the deal with Pete,make things right and like you said in the first place Lesson Learned. Its obvious what happened ,I have never dealt with you before nor do I even know you but for now in my book make it right and maybe over time some of the other people will see things a little differently. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE has a skeleton in their own closet. Guys let it go and if you never deal with Shawn ever that thats up to you. But to continue to rip him is only going to lead to just more problems. He (and we) all know what was done. Pete just keep all posted on how the deal finishes up!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 01-12-2014, 04:34 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Shawn,
I made some points in the above post and I believe you saw them and now you are trying to make things right. Without bringing all the other crap that has happened one thing I want to say is Good for you. Finish the deal with Pete,make things right and like you said in the first place Lesson Learned. Its obvious what happened ,I have never dealt with you before nor do I even know you but for now in my book make it right and maybe over time some of the other people will see things a little differently. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE has a skeleton in their own closet. Guys let it go and if you never deal with Shawn ever that thats up to you. But to continue to rip him is only going to lead to just more problems. He (and we) all know what was done. Pete just keep all posted on how the deal finishes up!
Well said, Al....
Old 01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Well said, Al....
Thanks Leon Im trying to take a few pages out of the Leon Luckey book of Knowledge!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 01-12-2014, 05:24 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

I know I will never bid on/buy from him...Rube.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
I will consider buying from him in the future if he finishes this deal as he should and polishes his reputation over time.

Please keep us updated, Pete
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 01-12-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I think it is best not to pile on. If you aren't going to buy from him, then don't buy from him.

If he makes good just keep comments like this to yourselves and move on.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Ke.n K0hen

Quote:
That's fine, and a rational decision grounded in your own self-interest. As you seem to have concluded though, It appears that you see no need to join in with the vindictive busybodies of this forum.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Robert Williams

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 01-13-2014 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
pete ullman

Today I received this card from Shawn. I'd like to thank the board members here for helping with this situation and I applaud Shawn for making this right.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Today I received this card from Shawn. I'd like to thank the board members here for helping with this situation and I applaud Shawn for making this right.
Good deal! Glad to hear he came through.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:39 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Maybe a change of the thread title is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2014, 12:46 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Maybe a change of the thread title is in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why? It took a public shaming for one of our members to do the right thing. If not for this thread Pete would not have gotten the card that he rightfully won in our auction forum. Shawn continued to lie about the situation even after it had become obvious that he had the card.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Why? It took a public shaming for one of our members to do the right thing. If not for this thread Pete would not have gotten the card that he rightfully won in our auction forum. Shawn continued to lie about the situation even after it had become obvious that he had the card.
I guess because we all make mistakes in life. When we do, hopefully we are forgiven, learn from our mistake, become a better person because of it, and get a second chance.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:40 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipk1068 View Post
I guess because we all make mistakes in life. When we do, hopefully we are forgiven, learn from our mistake, become a better person because of it, and get a second chance.
You're right, the only person he owes an apology to is Peter, and perhaps he gave him one in PM's or email...hopefully he learned his lesson. I still don't think the thread name should be changed...anyone reading it should be able to make up their own mind after reading the whole thread.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I agree the title should remain the same...future buyers (if they do the research) should be able to know that there was a problem in the past.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 01-15-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Robert Williams

The whole situation is stupid and should have been avoided. Hopefully the shamed person will learn on how to best handle things. The ironic part is, HE DIDN'T LOSE MONEY on the card!! He MADE money!!! Very foolish!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I would think, dont change anything. Also lock the thread no need for more comments since its over.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Dan Bretta

Agreed...Pete got his card. No further purpose to this thread.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Agreed...Pete got his card. No further purpose to this thread.
I probably wouldn't have locked this thread because I am not sure of the reason but, since another mod thinks we should, I can go with that. A lesson learned is a good lesson. It can always be unlocked if need be.....any questions or concerns please PM me......and glad this all got worked out too.