NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Mike

[QUOTE=Michael B;1097596]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Since you are originally from Woosta, I am surprised there was no mention of Spags. I think the lamps in the guest room STILL have Spags tags on their bottoms. Sir Morgan's Cove? I saw the Cochroaches there with free tickets from 'AAF. Turned out to be the Stones warming up for the Some Girls tour

The Stones were practicing out at Longview Farm Recording Studios. That is why they picked Sir Morgan's Cove to play at. Later changed its name to Lucky's. Two good shows I saw there were The Fleshtones, also saw them at Ralph's, and Peligro with D.H. Peligro from the Dead Kennedys on bass. I lived in Woosta for 5 years on Common St near the liquor store just up the street from Lake Q. Moved to Virginia from there 8 1/2 years ago.

Also, remember Spags was in Shrewsbury, not Worcester.

Just my opinion, but this is not a derailed thread at all. Sports and music are two of the great unifiers. It does not matter what you like, good music is good music. Gabba Gabba Hey!!!
Yup, Spags was in Shrewsbury. I lived in Marlboro for almost twenty years. My favorite memories of Woosta center around the E M Loews Theater and the Centrum. Here are a few stubs from back when my ties were skinny. (and so was I)

stubs 2.jpg

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 03-03-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
Any hardcore fans here??
I saw Madball and Sick Of It All a few nights ago, and I wouldn't exactly call them hardcore, but I met my wife when I worked for D.R.I. and she worked for their label (Rotten Records).

Doug
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Vin¢£nt J@m£s Mo®£tti

Great thread! I'm really surprised to see how many hardcore/punk fans there are on the boards. It makes me want to head up to the attic to find my combat boots, and flight jacket! I really miss those days!
Studio One in Newark, and of course CBGB. Those places are unfortunately gone forever
Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coninefan View Post
Have you heard of CIV? It's the Gorilla Biscuits' singer's side gig. They're awesome. Set Your Goals (first album by them) is hardcore perfection
ya good record for sure!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Clayton

Quote:
i'm guilty of the de-railing!! this is a bad ass thread....conine , THAT IS SICK! Clayton, we have another "freak" with us(Meant in the best sense of the word)....

It's a Mad World, It's a Mad World, It's a mad, mad, mad, mad mad world!!!!!!!!!!

echoing in my head when i'm reading this and i'm ready to gorilla punch the floor

man i am a total freak and have too much rage, cards calm me
Great post Johnny

"We are not alone "

Don't hurt your knuckles my friend

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 AM

Default Clayton.....

Martha Splatterhead!!

Last edited by mrvster; 03-04-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Clayton

Default Just for you Johnny

Quote:

Martha Splatterhead!!
One of the best hardcore albums out of the eighties (some call it "splattercore") The Accused "The Return of Martha Splatterhead"-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swLMFmc3sFM

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. *Warning* Do not listen if you don't like raging punk music
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM
K@t Alex@nder

i know it's a tad off from the hardcore side of things but this whole thread reminds me of bouncing souls ECFU and my love for tie one on!. after all...this is...forever. please tell me someone else is a fan of that record here.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
Grew up on the south side tucked in behind the Calvary Cemetary across the river from Zayres. Do you remember the sign flashed Z-A-Y-R-E -Zayres!! I remember Wallex WHS Class of '77.
I do remember Zayres! And the Wallex was my second home for most of my childhood. I would have been WHS 79 but moved in 77.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox1903wschamp View Post
I do remember Zayres! And the Wallex was my second home for most of my childhood. I would have been WHS 79 but moved in 77.
My brother and cousin were WHS 79. Wallex is torn down. The bowling alley site is now a CVS and Staples. The miniature golf and ice cream place is a Burger King. Zayres is now a Shaws supermarket. Parents still live in childhood home 47 years.

If you moved in '77 do you remember when Boston played outdoors at Leary Field? Summer of '76. Openers were the Road Apples and maybe Duke and the Drivers.

Last edited by Michael B; 03-05-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
My brother and cousin were WHS 79. Wallex is torn down. The bowling alley site is now a CVS and Staples. The miniature golf and ice cream place is a Burger King. Zayres is now a Shaws supermarket. Parents still live in childhood home 47 years.

If you moved in '77 do you remember when Boston played outdoors at Leary Field? Summer of '76. Openers were the Road Apples and maybe Duke and the Drivers.
Yes, I remember that Boston concert at Leary. For some reason I could not make it. Always made the fireworks at Leary. I played Mickey Mantle baseball at Leary field as well as Trapelo field not to mention Nipper Maher park. Great memories of WHS Football. Remember Freddie Smerlas as a kid and played ball with his younger brother. I guess we could go on and on with this thread . Thanks for sharing your memories.

Last edited by sox1903wschamp; 03-06-2013 at 09:30 PM.