NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post
Frank Miller, that the player, yup good to see you back on the board again. Show us the shot that I refered to please, it's what was my introduction to the addiction.

Rawn
Was this the one?
Photobucket
Old 01-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Rawn Hill

Default yup

That's the one, thank you.

Anthony, I have no idea the value of Miller cards. I have, however, given away 6 Carrigan T206 cards this year. I have seen prices go up in the last 3 years that I have been a fan, but it's my thing and make no excuses for my addictions.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 01-05-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: remarks
Old 01-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Default Wow!

OH MY OBAK!!! Whaler....Really Nice! That is so cool to see!
Until I saw this thread, I never really thought about owning a bunch of cards that are the same. I have been working on the E98 Master set and have/want each player in the 4 different color variations, but just getting a bunch of one player is something I never considered before. I sorta have a hoard of OLD PUT BACKS since I own 7 out of the 18 that we think are in existant. (Previous thread on Old Put Backs). You can check them out on my SGC registry under E98s. But this thread has got me thinking about hoarding!
I've enjoyed seeing everyone's obscessions!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 PM
David McDonald

Go ahead, man - it's a free country. At least three of our brethren have hit a dead end trying to finish 1910 Obaks because they lack the San Fran Miller. Goodwin had one in that terrific auction a few months ago that was top heavy with Obaks. Here is the link to the archived lot: http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=16154 It went for $390 which is not cheap but a lot less than I thought such a difficult (!) card would go for. Let's hope it was won by either Anthony, Brian or Tim. Dude, I am glad you aren't related to Ty Cobb. It could get kind of expensive (plus I need a few of Uncle Ty's cards).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lot986a_med.jpg (7.2 KB, 464 views)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Frank Wakefield

Well I thought I had one, but mine is a Seattle Miller...

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 01-05-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Go ahead, man - it's a free country. At least three of our brethren have hit a dead end trying to finish 1910 Obaks because they lack the San Fran Miller. Goodwin had one in that terrific auction a few months ago that was top heavy with Obaks. Here is the link to the archived lot: http://www.goodwinandco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=16154 It went for $390 which is not cheap but a lot less than I thought such a difficult (!) card would go for. Let's hope it was won by either Anthony, Brian or Tim. Dude, I am glad you aren't related to Ty Cobb. It could get kind of expensive (plus I need a few of Uncle Ty's cards).
I picked up the card in the Goodwin auction, but it looks like Anthony was able to get one for his set (post #50).
I do not post here often, because whenever I share my collection it tends to raise the blood pressure of a certain few. I can understand their frustration; everyone wants to get the cards that they want at the price that they want, but if a card of a family member is worth more to me than a card of just another random player to fill a hole in a set is to someone else, so be it. The cards are out there (the Goodwin auction as an example) and I have no delusion of owning every card in existence. I collect the cards that I enjoy, just like everyone else here.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Kevin S.

1935 Party Stunts; each set has 72 cartoon game cards. Almost all are non-sport, but two are named baseball players. One is Babe Ruth and the other is Ty Cobb. There are five different box types that I know of.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post
That's the one, thank you.

Anthony, I have no idea the value of Miller cards. I have, however, given away 6 Carrigan T206 cards this year. I have seen prices go up in the last 3 years that I have been a fan, but it's my thing and make no excuses for my addictions.

Rawn
And the T205 in my set was once the possession of Carrigan's Ghost...and is very much appreciated.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Todd C

I am still working on my 1910 Obak set. Need about 25 more to complete.

Fortunately...I do have a SF Miller., has not been graded.

Whaler...nice collection !