NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Barry Sloate

Guy should get banned for his spelling alone.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default ok then

So first of all he's been banned but could creep back in. Nothing he has written is that terrible it's really more immature than anything else. And since this idiot that can't spell wants to have a little hunt lets start out with this contact information and see where we can take it. Of course with subpoena'd records we could go to his ISP and find out for sure but unless he does something really bad that won't happen...but he registered on October 19, 2009 with this info:

username vintage classiscs
name Edwin Arroyo
phone number 561 372 2329

edwin20099@yahoo.com

and the initial email upon registration was this information....no different but the more the merrier.....I will be speaking with the FBI today about this too...just to get some thoughts....

There is a new user, vintageclassics at Net54baseball.com Forums
To view their profile, go here:
http://www.net54baseball.com/member.php?u=4885
Email Address : edwin20099@yahoo.com
Birthday : May 31, 1990
Referrer: N/A
IP Address: 189.220.48.177

his IP addresss is 189.220.48.177

Last edited by Leon; 12-08-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: more info
Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 AM

Default Address

From Google Maps, it looks like address goes to a mobile home park in San Diego.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Zach

thanks....I have a feeling this idiot isn't as smart as he thinks he is... This might even help in the other investigation too...
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 AM

Default Address

Leon, we posted at the same time. My comment was relegated to the address for Ray Rodriguez....not the Vintage Classic poster. Ray appears to be in San Diego...the other appears to be in FL by the phone prefix.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:14 AM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Just a hunch.....maybe this is the same guy....certainly fits his spelling .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad_tattoo_misspelling.jpg (23.2 KB, 522 views)
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I knew it

I knew I had a conversation with this idiot....here is an email string from he and I from about a month and a half ago....emails aren't really allowed to be posted except in extraordinary cases and cases to expose fraud...

Please overlook my informal writing style, spelling and punctuation..they were emails!! . And it went from the bottom up on these....I didn't answer this last email.....

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 4:47 PM
To: Leon Luckey
Subject: Re: my info

what if i take a picture with the card with a piece of paper with your name on it and todays date email it to you personaly will that work?

To: Edwin Aaroyo
Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 1:25:04 PM
Subject: RE: my info

scamming might work on Craigs list but not so much advanced chat boards. All of your actions, including your antics on the CU boards, are all red flags....you see, we too have been doing this a long, long time.....What you did is NOT the way real collectors act......We all like to show and tell but what you did was scam.....or at least try to. you should be ashamed of yourself...and if anyone got burned you would be turned over to the police....If you have a nice Ruth card prove it...get todays newspaper....and hold up the card with that paper and date and you in it...then we will know...and the card has to have a close up...as those fake holders just won't cut it...

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 3:03 PM

ok thats fine if you dont belive me but that is what I thought message boards were about to share your experiances with the collecting community. My experiance was real and I have a nice Ruth card i was able to add to my collection

Sent: Mon, October 26, 2009 12:11:16 PM

because I don't believe you

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 1:59 PM

Leon why have exposed my name and my email on your message board. I have done nothing to warrant this kind of action. I really had a experiance and met with the seller and saw his cards and made a great purchase. I thought net54 was about sharing your experiances in the hobby. That is all i was doing. you tured it into a bash fest of me.

Sent: Mon, October 19, 2009 6:14:49 PM

ok..you are all set

thanks
leon

Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 6:52 PM
To: leon@net54baseball.com
Subject: my info

username vintage classiscs
name Edwin Arroyo
phone number 561 372 2329

Old 12-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
And I'm pretty sure you hacked up something nasty while laughing hysterically.

Steve you were right. He actually mispelled a laugh. How do you do that? Must have had something in his mouth

"catch me if you can dush bags lololololololololololololololololololololololololh aqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Barry Sloate

His idiotic posts from last night appear to be revenge because you did not believe he had those Babe Ruth cards.

Last edited by barrysloate; 12-08-2009 at 08:31 AM. Reason: I meant posts, not emails
Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 AM
Chris Buckler

Default IP Address

If you search his IP address you find it came from:
IP Information - 189.220.48.177
Country Mexico Mexico
Country Code MX
Region Baja California
City Tijuana
Latitude 32.5333
Longitude -117.0167

Upon further search of the L & L there is an address that came up:
1. Rosario Castellanos 10501, Zona Urbana Río Tijuana, Tijuana, BC, Mexico

I have already forwarded all our correspondence to PSA along with the IP address! Hopefully someone can catch this guy!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
banned
Bi.ll Hol.ler

He is back and changed his eBay user ID. Still selling plenty of fakes and apperantly relisting cards with stolen scans as soon as they sell.

Completed Auctions
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Alan U

Default New user ID

This guy is now selling on ebay using the id "thevintagecardexpress2009"

I purchased a card using best offer and he claims his paypal and moneybooker accounts can't be used due some improper chargebacks he received. So he want me to mail him a M.O. or cashiers check.

His feedback is 100% with 78 ratings. All of his buying feedback comes from items that cost $1-2 with free shipping. He has a few low dollar sales and one big one. He has a lot of high end cards listed right now and is listing more daily and has sold a few high dollar cards.

He's using the following contact info, including phone #:

raymud rodriguez jr
1674 plam ave #80
San Diego CA 92154

201 598 5601

kalmanweiss1951@yahoo.com

-Alan
Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Alan U

Looks like his "thevintagecardexpress2009" account is now getting negative feedback for the stolen scans.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default yeap

His last 7 transactions were all negative. You would sort of think ebay would take a look at this but who knows. And don't forget to look at the telltale signs he uses in the descriptions. Scammers know how to make all of those fancy little idiotic symbols ie... L@@K ,. WOW, bang, whiz...crap...

BTW, I do know some law enforcement was looking into this. I just (probably) won't know the outcome. Hopefully he gets his dues and I am confidant that one way or the other he will. It's that "what comes around goes around" thing....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback
Old 12-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Fred

Alan,

I think you mean "1674 PalmAve".

This is technically San Diego but most people around here call it Imperial Beach. The address is located very close to a huge trailer park, or perhaps it is in the trailer park. I go to Imperial Beach quite frequently. Has this dirt bag screwed anybody on this board? If so, let me know.

Oddly enough, the area code for the phone number provided is for New Jersey...

Last edited by Fred; 12-28-2009 at 10:10 AM. Reason: added last comment
Old 12-28-2009, 11:16 AM

Default Psa

Google Maps shows this address being in the trailer park.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM

All the negative feedback is gone now.....
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Alan U

Not sure how he got rid of the negative feedback.... I sent a policy violation e-mail to ebay and still haven't heard back.

Fred, I copy and pasted his address, but Palm is probably correct.

-Alan
Old 12-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Alan U

Received 2 e-mails from ebay:

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from thevintagecardexpress2009 through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them.

We're writing to let you know that the listing for the following item you bid on has been removed:

220531482469 - 1933 GOUDEY BABE RUTH PSA 2 #53 WOW L@@K!!!!!!

We removed the listing and canceled your bid because it appears that the seller's account was used by someone without the seller's permission. The seller's selling privileges might be temporarily suspended while we investigate. Because of privacy concerns, we can't share more details.

We canceled this listing to protect you and the member whose account was used without permission.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Great!!! Sounds like eBay just VALIDATED this scam artist.

He lists THE SAME cards over and over again. eBay comes in and NOW takes the Ruth out (which the seller had listed before and said NOTHING about his account being hijacked) and also has his negative Feed back removed.

So NOW the scam artist has 100% Feed Back and can say his listings are legit because eBay fixed the problem with the Ruth he had listed (multiple times).

I would LOVE to have the money to bid on and buy one of the OTHER cards he has listed (but probably doesn't own). Then, when he has problems delivering that card, I could sue him for not delivering on his contract and eBay for validating him as a seller and backing him when he said he has these cards.

Last edited by ctownboy; 12-28-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default great...

Great...so the scammer gets validated by the idiots running ebay. He might fool them but I doubt he will fool law enforcement/FBI folks......who I believe are probably looking into this.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Default Scamed

I sent ray rod $$ for a babe ruth card. I wish I had seen this forum before doing that. I have not heard from him and have not received my card and after reading all the threads about him I doubt I ever will. I'm going to file a complaint with E-Bay and file a mail fraud form as well since I sent him the cash in a postal money order. Not sure what recourse I have for recovering my money. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Fred

Did you complete the transaction via an ebay sale or did you make a deal "off" of ebay? In either case, it doesn't look good.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM

It was an E-Bay transaction.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Jim VB

If you sent a USPS money order, get with your Postmaster ASAP and see what they can do. (They do like nailing guys involved in mail fraud. It is a Federal offense.)
Old 01-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

And now he is no longer a registered user. Saw that one coming. Wonder if ebay can be liable since they aided the seller in allowing him to have his perfect feedback restored?
Old 01-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Fred

Frank,

I bet there's some small print somewhere that exonerates ebay so that they are not, in any way, responsible for this. Two good things going for you: it's an ebay transaction and (I'm not sure this is good, but...) you'll have the USPS on your side. When did you send the M.O.? Did you send the M.O. registered or tracked? If you just mailed recently perhaps it has yet to be delivered and you can contact the Post Master nearest you and see if they can do something to intercept the payment.

Good luck!

Last edited by Fred; 01-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Fred,
You are probably right about the small print. But as a potential buyer, I'm sure someone would have been a little more reluctant to send couple thousand dollars via money order to a seller with an 86% positive feedback rating as opposed to someone that had 100% due to ebay removing the negative entries to increase their percentage. I know I would be livid if I knew that a couple hours earlier someone had that low of a feedback rating and when I looked at their auction they now had 100%.

I just hope the buyer is able to get his funds back. I'm not sure how much help ebay will be since he didn't use paypal to complete the transaction.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

Never send funds to someone you don't know via money order or wire transfer. Western Union and eBay repeatedly post on their sites, yet optimists either don't read or ignore the warning.

Fraud link on the Western Union homepage: http://www.westernunion.com/info/fra...country=global. Quote: "Never send money to a stranger using a money transfer service."

Last edited by bcornell; 01-01-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Ray Rod just wrote back saying he is going to make good on the Ruth card.

Last edited by frosty; 01-01-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:06 AM

frosty,

Just because he says he is going to make it right doesn't mean he will. Continue to pursue this matter with the police, FBI, eBay and the Postal Inspector.

Often, scam artists "say" they are going to make things right so that they can drag things out. That way, they can try and cover their tracks, a time limit expires or they hope you will give up.

Even if you get a graded Ruth, make sure the case is not frosted, the flip isn't fake, the cert number is right and the card itself is real. Some scam artists try and cover a scam with another scam.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty View Post
Ray Rod just wrote back saying he is going to make good on the Ruth card.
con men always use that line,they string you along.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:00 PM

what do you mean when you say make sure the flip isn't fake? What is the flip?

Last edited by frosty; 01-02-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Archive

"flip" is slang for the label
Old 01-02-2010, 09:53 PM

frosty,

Sorry for using slang or jargon. Yes, I meant the label. Since you were spending thousands of dollars on a card, I thought you would know what a "flip" was.

I only have one graded card in my collection so I don't have to worry about "flips" and only learned about them and being aware of fake ones from reading this site.

Anyway, be careful with this scam artist. Some scam artists like to "fix" a mistake by pulling ANOTHER scam. They will send you a slabbed card and the slab has been cracked open and either a lesser grade card or a reprint has been inserted or they will have a slab, insert a reprint card and make their own label.

If I were you, I would ask for ONLY a return of the Postal money order and not the Ruth you were supposed to buy. That way, if he doesn't return your money you can STILL keep the Feds involved and he could face some jail time for fraud if he doesn't come through.

David
Old 01-02-2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks for explaining David. I have not heard the label refered to as a flip. You learn something new every day. Thanks also for the advise on the ruth card as well.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Clayton

I'm sorry,but IMO -if you read this thread from start to finish,you would be able to figure out what a "flip" was-I find this strange.................
frosty-how did you find Net54,if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:26 PM

I googled PSA authenticity.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM

HI.

Last edited by FLATMAN; 01-11-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: personal
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Mantle scam RAYMUD

Hi. Im new to this board and found it when I almost was scammed by Raymud and his crew. I see you know about Raymud and Edwin Arroyo. One more name you can add is Brian Hogan. He is out of Ladson S.Carolina. If you go to his Ebay name " Lowcountrybaseballvintage" and click his feedback you will see what I mean. I am still trying to finish my story so I can post it here. It is a long one but I hope it can help someone. Id like to thank Leon and all the people on this board. You guys opened my eyes just in time.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:18 AM

1909 T206 TY COBB ROOKIE (RED) BACK GROUND IT'S REAL! - EBay ad

Looks like there is another part of the team. Ebay user ck77chris is out of Vista which is near San Diego. He's been a user on ebay since Dec. 09. Another name to watch.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Sammy849

I have a question are you thinking the cards are fraud or the holders are fraud or both are fraud ? I entered the PSA#'s into cert verification on PSA's site and they both match ? I am just trying to learn what you my have spotted to help me improve my collecting skills. Thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Sammy

Welcome aboard, Sammy. Since this is your first post why don't you introduce yourself a little and tell us what you collect? That way we can help you more....best regards

After a little checking I am comfortable with not necessarily calling Sammy...once again, happy collecting....that's all I wish for.

Last edited by Leon; 02-05-2010 at 10:23 PM.