NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-13-2011, 01:50 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Robert, great point. Sometimes I surf the internet at work. Yes, it is stealing company time, but I agree with you it that it is different than actually physically stealing something.

However, they are both wrong - they're just wrong on different levels. When I said gray area, I meant gray as in either right or wrong (not the level of wrong). So there really isn't a gray area there if we can admit that both are wrong - they're just different levels of wrong.
It depends on your views on "buying your time". Some view it as, the company is basically paying you to be ready and available when they have work to give you. Or, we're giving you this much work, and you've got this long to do it. There is always some down time in any job. As long as all quotas and deadlines are met, and the company is happy with your production, then you're not really stealing their time.. Sure, you're not doing as much as you can, but you are doing all that is asked of you..
Old 08-13-2011, 02:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
There is always some down time in any job. As long as all quotas and deadlines are met, and the company is happy with your production, then you're not really stealing their time.. Sure, you're not doing as much as you can, but you are doing all that is asked of you..
We have a company policy at work that we're not to be on the internet for personal reasons during working hours. I don't adhere to that policy and I know that is wrong. That said, I completely agree with your statement and that's how I justify it in my mind. There is some down time in my job and as long as all my work is done (and done correctly), what's wrong with me getting on the internet for a few minutes? Like I said though, I do know that it is wrong (according to company policy) and have to be willing to accept the consequences if caught.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Val Kehl

Personally, I feel that all of the examples mentioned in this thread are morally wrong. I'm sorry to say that I am not without sin, and my conscience gives me a hard time about it afterwards. I truly appreciate Net 54 member joeadcock's signature line for his posts, which reads "be ethical at all times," as it serves as a constant reminder to me to do the right thing.
Val
Old 08-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Bobby Binder

I have been away from my computer for the past few days so never saw this thread to reply. Our system tracks IP address and allows 3 per user, home, office and some type of hand held. If they use more then that then we do get alerted and try to find out what is happening. Also you will find out that when more then one person is using the account then they start having log in issues because only one person can be on at any one time. So if Joe is on and then Blow logs in it will kick out Joe. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that piggy back and there really is not much you can do about it. But then these people start using all of the services we offer besides prices like My Collection and realize it is a good tool and don't really want the other people to know what they really have in their collections and what it is worth. So then the person that got kicked out realized how much money he was saving using the service so then he signs up. So bottom line having as many users as possible is always the best case for us. We really appreciate all of your support and are always striving to making a better product for you to use. Been going for over 5 years and keep getting bigger every day.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:06 AM

VCP provides a great service and is worth supporting. It more than pays for itself for me.
JimB