NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
That would leave three panels and only two group members, but I'm not really sure...they're a slippery group, and not easy to pin down.
Sorry Barry. This is the only time I get to correct you on a post. You've missed a personality. We now have an assistant that mailed a check to the wrong address in the mix. Two plus one makes three and there would be one for everyone.

Bruce, Nothing personal, even you should see the humor in your original post.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
Sorry Barry. This is the only time I get to correct you on a post. You've missed a personality. We now have an assistant that mailed a check to the wrong address in the mix. Two plus one makes three and there would be one for everyone.
I doubt Bruce would let a mere assistant become a name partner in The Group. Besides I'm not sure he's yet figured out how to use an assistant; they keep quitting after he threatens to sue them for bringing him coffee he requested.

Last edited by Matt; 12-17-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Al

Antagonistic. That's a great word.

Bruce, I met you earlier this year and found you to be a very nice, personable man. What you did a couple of days ago in this thread was funny! It was an accident, brought on by that antagonistic message board attitude that you sometimes have. It was funny, and we had fun with it!

If I had done the same thing, everyone would have had just as much fun!

"Aww, shucks, I goofed" is an endearing response when a mistake such as that is made.

Your collection, by all accounts, is wonderful, and your knowledge of the hobby is right up there with all the other hobby experts (myself definitely NOT included) who post on this board. You could be an outstanding resource here. I'm sure that being helpful and personable and friendly would not hurt your quest for rare, high-grade items - in fact, it might actually help it.

You could certainly get a lot more out of this board, and the hobby in general, than you presently do - it's sort of a give and take thing. But if you continuously antagonize, you've got to expect a little abuse in return. You can choose to hit back harder, I suppose - some of us do that - but all that really does is create a never-ending cycle. That's no fun.

BTW, be careful with your posts in this thread. Archive might get upset that you're posting with his ID and sue you.

-Al
Old 12-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default innocent mistake

Just to pile on the fact that it's not a big deal, I too think an innocent mistake is just that, innocent and no big deal. I wish this mistake Brucii made was even in the top 200 that I have ever made. I would be clicking my heels and happy as a lark. When you can laugh at yourself is the time you know you have your esteem in the correct place. I am not sure the Group is there yet. The other day I went around all day wearing one of my T-shirts inside out. My 13 yr old pointed it out. We had a great laugh. That is what life is all about. Afterwards I went ahead and put it on, right side out. Who cares? Life is too short not to be able to laugh at yourself. best regards
Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Barry Sloate

Wearing a T-shirt inside out?!?! Unfathomable, and unforgivable.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default email sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Wearing a T-shirt inside out?!?! Unfathomable, and unforgivable.
Death threat sent!!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Barry Sloate

Not a private email...not that!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just to pile on the fact that it's not a big deal, I too think an innocent mistake is just that, innocent and no big deal. I wish this mistake Brucii made was even in the top 200 that I have ever made. I would be clicking my heels and happy as a lark. When you can laugh at yourself is the time you know you have your esteem in the correct place. I am not sure the Group is there yet. The other day I went around all day wearing one of my T-shirts inside out. My 13 yr old pointed it out. We had a great laugh. That is what life is all about. Afterwards I went ahead and put it on, right side out. Who cares? Life is too short not to be able to laugh at yourself. best regards

Leon,
Here in the deep south (you know the home of rotting little shacks just to keep this on topic) that is how we do it. It cuts the need to do laundry in half.