NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-26-2023, 06:14 PM
Mike P.ap

Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Lol !
Swift Disclaimer:

As a US Army Combat Veteran of Afghanistan (2010-11), I'm allowed to make that joke!

lol

Old 09-27-2023, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthobby View Post
Swift Disclaimer:

As a US Army Combat Veteran of Afghanistan (2010-11), I'm allowed to make that joke!

lol

As a guy whose former place of work in Manhattan no longer exists, I'm thankful for people like you who went over there to settle the score. I only wish that we withdrew from Afghanistan in a more honorable way, if at all.

As for Taylor Swift, I am not a fan, but I think if you're looking for pop stars that earn their living through actual musical talent as opposed to other attributes, I think she's pretty on the mark. I just hope for the sake of our youth that she doesn't turn into Britney or Madonna as the years tick on.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:50 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

scary but the more she comes to games to more hype for football and related merchandise to him. Be interesting to see if she is at the Sunday Night game and the impact on ratings, talk by the broacasters at the game (and the Sports talk radio the next day of the game. Big talk on ESPN radio and WFAN in NY)

meanwhile if he shows up at her concert I do not think anything extra in hype will occurr.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-28-2023, 08:27 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

I've never been called a Swiftie and am proud of it, even though I have a couple of Swifties in my extended family. Coordinating the schedules of Travis and Taylor will be difficult at least in the fall. Currently Taylor's carbon foot print is larger than Australia, but the average Swiftie could care less about enlarging it to accommodate Travis. It won't be long, I imagine, before the climate change activists will be protesting at Arrowhead Stadium (aka GEHA). I don't think this is going to end well.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 09-28-2023, 08:29 AM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Swifties are great for reaching those hard-to-clean parts of your kitchen floor.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 09-28-2023, 09:55 AM
Peter Spaeth

It's hard to understand why so many people seem to care. It's also hard to understand why people put their whole lives out on social media for the world to see.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 10-22-2023, 09:23 PM
Matt G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Swifties are great for reaching those hard-to-clean parts of your kitchen floor.
Under rated joke. Made me laugh out loud!

M@tt G@lvin (formerly LarsHoneyToast)

T206 HOF'ers: 10/76

1956 Topps HOF Portraits: 4/30

M116 Blue HOF Background: 1/11

Instagram: @StraightRaceCards
Old 10-23-2023, 11:27 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

My wife religiously watches the Bills so that got me through the 1pm games. Swift being at the Chiefs got her interested enough to let a 4pm game play in the house. So thumbs up from me.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I've never been called a Swiftie and am proud of it, even though I have a couple of Swifties in my extended family. Coordinating the schedules of Travis and Taylor will be difficult at least in the fall. Currently Taylor's carbon foot print is larger than Australia, but the average Swiftie could care less about enlarging it to accommodate Travis. It won't be long, I imagine, before the climate change activists will be protesting at Arrowhead Stadium (aka GEHA). I don't think this is going to end well.
They will never protest her or her fellow elites, that's not how they roll.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:08 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
scary but the more she comes to games to more hype for football and related merchandise to him. Be interesting to see if she is at the Sunday Night game and the impact on ratings, talk by the broacasters at the game (and the Sports talk radio the next day of the game. Big talk on ESPN radio and WFAN in NY)

meanwhile if he shows up at her concert I do not think anything extra in hype will occurr.
I'm cringing at the thought of Taylor Swift joining Kelce and Mahomes in some of their many TV commercials.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that one will dislike the next generations popular music.
Old 09-28-2023, 11:31 AM

I think Kelce likes talking about it and is happy to share almost any detail he can. I don't think it's her bringing the attention to herself.

Last edited by packs; 09-28-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 01:01 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that one will dislike the next generations popular music.
It's interesting but I think people's brains get attuned to what they listened to in their formative years. My parents grew up with classical and the standards, and to them all rock n' roll sounded the same (i.e., noise), which my brothers and I just could not for the life of us understand.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-28-2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2023, 08:49 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's interesting but I think people's brains get attuned to what they listened to in their formative years. My parents grew up with classical and the standards, and to them all rock n' roll sounded the same (i.e., noise), which my brothers and I just could not for the life of us understand.
It has been reported that nursing home residents perk up if they are “forced” to listen to their musical favorites when they were youth.

My choice of nursing homes would be the “American Bandstand Convalescent Center.”

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.