NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-05-2023, 10:06 PM
Jonathan Sterling

C'mon you cant post "Your a Idiot" then next post You still a Idiot" without expecting me laugh my lungs out!
But they go great with the " go get a Booster Jab".
But your lack of Education is of little concern. Your lack of ethics on the other hand is a problem. And the fact you argue it was only a $100 ( not really it was more $145, I just checked) and if it was $1500 then it would be a big deal is completely off the mark. Selling fake autographs is not nice. Selling the same fake twice is really not nice. Doesn't matter $1 or $10,000 fraud is fraud. Selling unopened material that was stored so poorly that Mold developed is something any honest seller would disclose. The photo you show of the open rack? Question mark is because it was supposed to have 36 cards but you have 38 next to rack. Clearly shows many cards with significant bends. I very much doubt the majority of those cards are 8's and 9's. But all you had to do was be honest upfront and none of it comes back to you. When you have an autograph that you guarantee is good that you didn't get in person maybe pay an honest dealer for an Opinion. Nowhere in your rants are listed the options of any TPG or even any reputable autograph dealer or collector saying the autograph is good. It is much easier to say no one gets it right every time. Ok I agree now find one reputable TPG that will authenticate that Lebron auto. ....oh you cannot....because it is a fake.....That you Tom Rebert sold on Net54 and apparently someplace else as well.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:53 PM
Tom Re.bert

Below is a exact copy of my email--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

P/S Please Note: I can only guarantee a full refund your purchase price of 145.00 if not satisfied upon receiving the card back --if that's not agreeable I will refund your145.00 before I ship the Lebron card-- let me know before I ship the card--thanks again!
Old 07-06-2023, 07:03 AM
Jonathan Sterling

I have received similar emails from Net54 over the past 9 years. The one key difference is when I submitted them for authentication they all came back as real. But yours did not. And as I mentioned I showed it to a couple Modern basketball guys who also said NG. I offered you the opportunity to provide independent proof that the signature is good. But thus far you have not provided any. Probably more difficult since you stated you sold the card AGAIN!!.
You keep saying I am not an asset. You go so far as to say I should leave Net54. But without guys like me. Guys like you would continue to sell fakes.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:32 AM
Tom Re.bert

Below is a exact copy of my email--hope this helps our readers understand I was very clear in my terms !----again I'm not going to pay the 3.00 return postage fee!--it would be good if you would leave Net54.

P/S Please Note: I can only guarantee a full refund your purchase price of 145.00 if not satisfied upon receiving the card back --if that's not agreeable I will refund your145.00 before I ship the Lebron card-- let me know before I ship the card--thanks again!
Old 07-06-2023, 09:04 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James auto on Net54.

Did I use to many big words? Like I said above
I recived many similar emails from other Sellers over the past 9 years. The Key differance. ( this means the most important difference) is your card had a forged auto. Forgery means that Lebron James did not sign it. All the other transactions here on Net54 went smoothly except with you. You sold a fake auto.
I offered you the opportunity to post independent proof that the autograph is good. You so far have not.
In fact despite not having any independent proof the signature is good you sold the card again!
I have no problem continuing to post about how you sold a forgery here on Net54. In fact now that you have admitted selling the card a second time I will expand my scope and share this information on other forums where everyone appreciates when undesirable sellers are pointed out.
My hope is eventually the person who purchased your forgery the second time will hear this news. And hopefully get their money back.

Last edited by bigfanNY; 07-06-2023 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:49 AM
Tom Re.bert

Last edited by Directly; 07-06-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-06-2023, 05:54 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Tom Rebert sold a fake Lebron James Autograph here on Net54

Below is the exact Email I sent:

Payment sent.
Just to be clear there is no coa but you guarantee that the signature is authentic..correct?
Thanks
Jonathan

Why dont you post the Guarentee you gave the second time you sold this Same Card?
Now that would make for interesting reading.