NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2018, 11:55 PM
C0le Hibb@rd

Inexcusable behavior for sure. When I came onto this board I was in MIDDLE school and still knew enough to know that this behavior is fraudulent. I don’t know how educated Noah is on the hobby, but from his posts it seems he should know better than this... however, if he’s as young as he says he is, I think he can learn from this and be a good fellow young member of the card collecting community down the road. I’d give him another chance
Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 AM
Howard Chernick

I think that someone who commits fraud, especially against other members should be banned for life from the board. By letting him back after a year or whatever shows that we forgive him for ripping us off. If somebody tries to hurt or rip me off, I cut off all ties with them forever. We do not need these people in the hobby and need to send a strong message to them.

Banning somebody from the board is only part of the solution. He will still be able to sell stuff on eBay and rip off unsuspecting people. eBay will still allow this type of behavior.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-18-2018, 07:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I think that someone who commits fraud, especially against other members should be banned for life from the board. By letting him back after a year or whatever shows that we forgive him for ripping us off. If somebody tries to hurt or rip me off, I cut off all ties with them forever. We do not need these people in the hobby and need to send a strong message to them.

Banning somebody from the board is only part of the solution. He will still be able to sell stuff on eBay and rip off unsuspecting people. eBay will still allow this type of behavior.
We have a year to think about reinstatement. If the time comes (and after age verification) this might be the first poll to see if someone gets reinstated. There doesn't seem to be a unanimous thinking on it?

PS. I wish the threads showing how there IS TODAY millions (I doubt that is an exaggeration) of dollars of fraud going on, got as much attention. Sigh.....

Last edited by Leon; 04-18-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:34 AM
Howard Chernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
We have a year to think about reinstatement. If the time comes (and after age verification) this might be the first poll to see if someone gets reinstated. There doesn't seem to be a unanimous thinking on it?

PS. I wish the threads showing how there IS TODAY millions (I doubt that is an exaggeration) of dollars of fraud going on, got as much attention. Sigh.....
One problem about waiting to decide in a year from now is that many of us will forget what happened. There will also be many new members who do not know anything about this incident.
We will never get rid of fraud completely. Hopefully, this board can continue to knock some of them out. I think that you(Leon) and the rest of this board have done a terrific job in trying to keep this hobby clean.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
One problem about waiting to decide in a year from now is that many of us will forget what happened. There will also be many new members who do not know anything about this incident.
We will never get rid of fraud completely. Hopefully, this board can continue to knock some of them out. I think that you(Leon) and the rest of this board have done a terrific job in trying to keep this hobby clean.
i kind of agree with this sentiment. i think the board should have a zero tolerance policy on crookery aimed at its members. 1 strike and you're out!

Time to make the donuts?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
We have seen 12+ yrs old threads bumped more than once. Collectively our members have very good memories and find these threads quickly. Not everyone's memory is as bad as mine. I also feel like I am arguing with my wife about things that might, or probably won't, happen in the future. Thanks for the kind words of trying to keep the riff raff out.

As for one strike and you are out, I agree if there is fraud where someone is currently financially harmed. If there is no financial harm I am more lenient. But a poll on this one could be interesting.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
But a poll on this one could be interesting.
true DAT!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Tony Conte

Quote:
Leon,

This comment hasn't gone unnoticed. Scary coming from you since I feel
you know more of what goes on day after day!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
As for one strike and you are out, I agree if there is fraud where someone is currently financially harmed. If there is no financial harm I am more lenient. But a poll on this one could be interesting.
We (meaning Leon) probably should state that 'on the clubhouse door' along with providing that as part of the information you are provided when asking to join. Anyone caught engaging in fraudulent activities on the board will be banned for life.

Since it's a lifetime ban, membership reinstatement can be considered after one's demise though.