NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2017, 07:16 AM
pete ullman

I go out for sushi happy hour...a few drinks...some monkey business...and I miss this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
Old 06-23-2017, 07:19 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Or what? You'll try to sell me an overpriced off-centered card?
sorry...but this is funny!!!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:24 AM
pete ullman

oh and I think there should be assigned seats at the national net54 dinner this year...and maybe a cage where the podium used to be!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:31 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Thank you, Leon for doing the right thing. Praying for people's death via a backpack explosion is way over the line.
I completely agree.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
You are obviously on drugs(big time) or spent out on liquor. Nevertheless, you offered a psa 4 T206 for a 1951 Bowman mays Psa 7.....i figured you were wiped out, but holy cow!
Kevin, i will trade for your 51 Bowman Mays.... Got pics?
Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Kevin, i will trade for your 51 Bowman Mays.... Got pics?
LOL...Can't fault a guy for trying!!! Come on boys!!! Trade up!! Surely you can do better than that!
Old 06-23-2017, 08:55 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
LOL...Can't fault a guy for trying!!! Come on boys!!! Trade up!! Surely you can do better than that!
Just know that the story he tells about a PSA 4 is a straight lie. He is a liar.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Rich

Default Fight Club

I will say it again . . . this forum needs a Fight Club page!!!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

This is a depressing thread. So much name-calling and threats.

I have had nothing but good experiences with Brent. Years ago, he talked me out of selling my collection, despite the fact that he stood to benefit from it because I was going to consign with him. When I have consigned, the transactions have been flawless. He pays quickly and on time. He responds quickly to his emails. He fronts you money if you ask for it. I honestly like Brent, and have had nothing but positive interactions with him and his company.

Having have said all that, I would be an absolute fool to try and defend him from the flood of allegations and evidence against him. The shilling (we saw texts purportedly from Brent to Stacy, or whatever that guy's name was), the bid retractions (Peter has shown a boatload of evidence there), and the famous Dimaggio card, all point to some weird stuff going on at PWCC. I'm not going to say he is guilty of any of these things, but I am certainly not going to go on a forum and blindly defend him because I like the guy. I am a criminal defense attorney, so I believe strongly in the presumption of innocence. However, that presumption is reserved for a court of law.

As a Catholic, I don't have to defend all of the church's actions, and as a Democrat I don't have to support everything Obama did. One of the things that most divides this country today is people choosing sides and zealously defending EVERYTHING that particular side believes, even when some of those things are obviously wrong. One can like Brent and not have to blindly defend him. I don't understand the anger with which these people are coming out and defending PWCC. The only reasons someone would attack with such vitriol is if they are either related to Brent, have definitive proof of his innocence, or stand to benefit somehow from it.

And for the record, in response to Kevin's shots at my profession, as a criminal defense attorney I can tell you that most of my clients are far more decent than the corporations and insurance companies that many of my brethren defend. Good people often make bad or stupid decisions (I think i found my new firm motto).

The name-calling and insults are out of control here. Did a guy actually wish for another person to get blown up? Over a debate on bid retractions??? What the hell is going on here?

Last edited by orly57; 06-23-2017 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I have had nothing but good experiences with Brent. Years ago, he talked me out of selling my collection, despite the fact that he stood to benefit from it because I was going to consign with him. When I have consigned, the transactions have been flawless. He pays quickly and on time. He responds quickly to his emails. He fronts you money if you ask for it. I honestly like Brent, and have had nothing but positive interactions with him and his company.
Well said. Personally, I like Brent. He has been nothing but kind and considerate to me. I don't know Betsy, but I am sure she is the same. I believe PWCC has gotten so big, it is honestly more than he can handle, and he is attempting to do the best he can. I am sure, at times it is overwhelming. Do I think "stuff" goes on in his auctions? Sure. I believe he tries his best to combat it. Do I think "stuff" goes on with cards (ie - the DiMaggio). Yes. But to throw shade at him, we would have to throw rocks at ourselves them. For that is what we are ALL doing, when we soak cards, send cards to Dick Towle, crack out undergraded cards and resubmit them. Where do you draw the line?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Guys, the word is "douche". Not "deuce", not "deuche", and not any other permutation.

Resume flaming.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-24-2017, 03:33 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Well said. Personally, I like Brent. He has been nothing but kind and considerate to me. I don't know Betsy, but I am sure she is the same. I believe PWCC has gotten so big, it is honestly more than he can handle, and he is attempting to do the best he can. I am sure, at times it is overwhelming. Do I think "stuff" goes on in his auctions? Sure. I believe he tries his best to combat it. Do I think "stuff" goes on with cards (ie - the DiMaggio). Yes. But to throw shade at him, we would have to throw rocks at ourselves them. For that is what we are ALL doing, when we soak cards, send cards to Dick Towle, crack out undergraded cards and resubmit them. Where do you draw the line?
I've been pretty neutral in this whole thing but to this I have to say

W-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-24-2017, 04:44 AM
Robert Williams

Just random ramblings Scott...just ignore me.......
Old 06-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

How do you equate trying to get a bump on an undergraded card with knowingly selling a card that has been altered without disclosing it?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Dav1d Sh1p$ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
How do you equate trying to get a bump on an undergraded card with knowingly selling a card that has been altered without disclosing it?
It's the PWCC minions coming to the rescue. Smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by slipk1068; 06-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Just random ramblings Scott...just ignore me.......
most if not all do, jk

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-24-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default How hard is it ?

To put a bidder on the blocked list ? Overwhelming hard ?
Old 06-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Bill O

Default Pwcc

Speak of the devil. Tons of T206s just went up. Have fun
Old 06-26-2017, 06:55 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy5858 View Post
Speak of the devil. Tons of T206s just went up. Have fun
Bid high, bid early, and bid often. Then once you get the bids past your hidden reserve retract, retract, retract.

The one thing I can guarantee is you will never have to bid against me in a PWCC auction.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792
I see Franks employee is up to over 1000 retractions now. They had just over 700 when I originally posted.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:40 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I see Franks employee is up to over 1000 retractions now. They had just over 700 when I originally posted.
The guy never sleeps.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:22 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Maybe it's a cyborg. The Retractor. I see a movie franchise...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...