NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2017, 08:01 AM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
I don't get why people are only looking at the monetary value of these trades. Sure, if the OP trades a $75 card for a $100 card then he gained $25 in value, but that's only half of the trade. On the other side of the trade, the trader got a card they valued more than the $100 card they gave up. Maybe they needed the card to complete a set, maybe they really like the player, or the team. Trades aren't only confined to their monetary value.
I agree a trade is fair for both parties if the trade is made, if you didn't like what you were getting back you wouldn't make the trade, right. I would happily trade in someone's favor if I didn't have to pay $$ for the cards and needed the ones I was getting. I thin out my doubles/extra cards and get what I need in return, win win for me

good luck with the journey
Old 04-28-2017, 08:15 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
I agree a trade is fair for both parties if the trade is made, if you didn't like what you were getting back you wouldn't make the trade, right. I would happily trade in someone's favor if I didn't have to pay $$ for the cards and needed the ones I was getting. I thin out my doubles/extra cards and get what I need in return, win win for me

good luck with the journey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
+1 I am very happy with the cards I bought from Stephen at an overall FAIR (emphasis on no charity on my part) and look forward to reading the updates as they are posted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I enjoy this thread as well and have enjoyed trading with Stephen. It's a shame that some people are just so negative.... when in the end.....it doesn't even pertain to them or affect them. I hope he gets his Mantle, or something close to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr2 View Post
I am also enjoying this and wish you the best of luck on your journey. I appreciate your enthusiasm and willingness to go for it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
It's been fun to watch your progress towards your goal! I'm interested in seeing how close you get!!! Sorry for the garbage and grief you've been subjected to from other members. Too bad we're not more supportive of each other....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
I don't get why people are only looking at the monetary value of these trades. Sure, if the OP trades a $75 card for a $100 card then he gained $25 in value, but that's only half of the trade. On the other side of the trade, the trader got a card they valued more than the $100 card they gave up. Maybe they needed the card to complete a set, maybe they really like the player, or the team. Trades aren't only confined to their monetary value.

Thanks for all the support guys.

Looking to either sell or trade the rest of whats left. Some beauties available.

Once these are gone I will move on to phase two!

I will also reveal the starting price of the Walter Johnson
Old 04-28-2017, 09:18 AM
Jeff P

I think people are just jealous they didn't think of this

If you've seen the show on TV, you know that there are lots of reasons why people will trade/buy things that are worth more for something worth less. I don't see any reason why that should surprise people on here or upset them. Not everybody buys and sells solely based on value. They often have other wants / needs that are more important at that moment.

If you don't want to watch or play, then go ridicule someone somewhere else!

jeff
Old 05-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default New scans

Ok let's get it going again boys!

Started with a Walter Johnson T-205 SGC 4

Turned it into......

T206 Bender, no trees, psa 4 HOF SOLD $150
T206 McGraw, at hip, psa 3 HOF SOLD $110
T206 McGraw, port w/cap psa 2 HOF SOLD $110
T206 Chase, pink, psa3 SOLD $110
T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF TRADED
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF TRADED
T206 Pelty, vert, pas 4.5 AVAILABLE
T206 McEvlveen, big 4 AVAILABLE
1962 topps Mays AS card RAW NM

TRADED T206 Bender, no trees, psa 4 HOF

For

$150
T-206 Rube Marquard SOLD $33
Honus Wagner Original Photo SOLD $55
$238 Total.

TRADED

Plus $15.00

FOR

T206 Tenney Hindu Back SGC 10 TRADED

TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 AVAILABLE
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 AVAILABLE
1965 Topps Steve Carlton RC SGC 60 SOLD $88

So far shipping and fees have run me $46.58, leaving me with $595.42 and the following cards left for sale or trade.

T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 05-01-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:31 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Steve Carlton has been sold! Still many goodies available. Let's make a MAY 1st Deal!
Old 05-01-2017, 04:24 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
I think people are just jealous they didn't think of this

If you've seen the show on TV, you know that there are lots of reasons why people will trade/buy things that are worth more for something worth less. I don't see any reason why that should surprise people on here or upset them. Not everybody buys and sells solely based on value. They often have other wants / needs that are more important at that moment.

If you don't want to watch or play, then go ridicule someone somewhere else!

jeff
Are you people crazy or what? If someone approached you for a card you had for sale that you paid $200 for, do you sell it to a con artist for $150 for his personal gains and sympathy? This guy is absolutely pulling the wool over your eyes, In the mean time, he is laughing his freaking ass off! If someone wrote a book, nobody would believe this....Unbelievable....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-01-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Are you people crazy or what? If someone approached you for a card you had for sale that you paid $200 for, do you sell it to a con artist for $150 for his personal gains and sympathy? This guy is absolutely pulling the wool over your eyes, In the mean time, he is laughing his freaking ass off! If someone wrote a book, nobody would believe this....Unbelievable....
What if you paid $100 for the card and it has been sitting on eBay at $200 BIN for a month?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:44 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
What if you paid $100 for the card and it has been sitting on eBay at $200 BIN for a month?
Possibly reduce it to $100 plus shipping, hello? Business 101....Get your money back and move on....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-01-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:45 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:

Weren't you banned from this thread? Leon didn't you say if he wrote in here again he'd be suspended?
Old 05-01-2017, 04:49 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Possibly reduce it to $100 plus shipping, hello? Business 101....Get your money back and move on....
its not always possible to get your money back out that you put in. surely you know that with your OC 69 mantle and various t-cards you've been trying to sell over the years on the bst with no luck.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:51 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
its not always possible to get your money back out that you put in. surely you know that with your OC 69 mantle and various t-cards you've been trying to sell over the years on the bst with no luck.

Yea but it's only lowered for the weekend only.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Pete, I haven't been trying to get my money back, but trying to make a minimum profit..

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 05-01-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Pete, I haven't been trying to get my money back, but making about a 20% profit....

Hope Leon sticks to his word and suspends you. You're a major tool.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Chr$stopher Pett$

I collect post war cards- if you put up that 52 Campy or 1952 Berk Ross Jackie-I would be interested in a trade
Old 05-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

This thread is becoming a battle royal
Old 05-01-2017, 06:13 PM
Pete Sycks

Would it be possible to put the cards you have for sale in the BST so this thread isn't bumped every 3 hours? Thanks

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 05-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
Would it be possible to put the cards you have for sale in the BST so this thread isn't bumped every 3 hours? Thanks

Wouldn't have been bumped if mize didn't start talking crap for no reason.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:32 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Wouldn't have been bumped if mize didn't start talking crap for no reason.
Priceless, what a dumb ass.....
Old 05-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You are now suspended. I just responded to your email. Carry on everyone....

Quote:
Priceless, what a dumb ass.....
Old 05-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This too could happen in the future (moving the thread). Threads can be moved but I don't think we are there yet. If it stays to one thread it might not be too bad if it doesn't go spastic. We'll see...

Btw, Kevin was told to email Wed morning and he is welcome back. He was forewarned not to come back to this thread due to the previous stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
Old 05-01-2017, 06:51 PM
C@rl P@rk

May I suggest that offering the wares primarily happens in the BST (especially for the stuff that is not new) and this thread is only updated when a trade or sale happens, and maybe only as a weekly update?

Old 05-01-2017, 06:53 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFisk View Post
May I suggest that offering the wares primarily happens in the BST (especially for the stuff that is not new) and this thread is only updated when a trade or sale happens, and maybe only as a weekly update?

Not a bad idea. I'll try doing that and keep this to only new items.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Jeff F0y

My 2 cents- I personally would have no problem trading a few cards with higher value for 1 or 2 cards that I wanted more. ie, if someone offered me a nice centered Mantle card that is worth $1000 for a Warren Spahn, Gil Hodges, and Duke Snider that total $1100, I would take it. I'd personally rather have the centered Mantle, and I wouldn't feel like I got scammed or gave to charity.

Jeff
Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardcountry View Post
My 2 cents- I personally would have no problem trading a few cards with higher value for 1 or 2 cards that I wanted more. ie, if someone offered me a nice centered Mantle card that is worth $1000 for a Warren Spahn, Gil Hodges, and Duke Snider that total $1100, I would take it. I'd personally rather have the centered Mantle, and I wouldn't feel like I got scammed or gave to charity.

Jeff
Thats a sweat equity situation. I dont think anyone has a problem with that. Its more of the 1 for 1 deals with a 25% rip, like the transaction that went awry which people feel brings unrealistic expectations and problem transactions..which already occurred..

Bulk for 1 card is a timeless way to earn sweat equity. I have rarely seen anyone on net54 say...I want 10 cards for my 1 card. Its always, i have these 5 cards and i want 1 card for it...type of deal....the value is having the value in 1 card, not in 10...and its worth something to downsize and let the other person do the sweat equity to get the waterfront property...
Old 05-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Brendan Mullen

I've now made my 3rd and 4th trade/sale with Stephen (Cy Young and Chief Bender T206) and I've been happy every single time. I got rid of a few things that I no longer needed and received 4 T206s that I needed to complete my set. I had zero problem giving up (real life example) $233 in trade for a $200 card that I needed. And every single transaction (after some major bartering via text!) went as smoothly as can be.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:40 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
I've now made my 3rd and 4th trade/sale with Stephen (Cy Young and Chief Bender T206) and I've been happy every single time. I got rid of a few things that I no longer needed and received 4 T206s that I needed to complete my set. I had zero problem giving up (real life example) $233 in trade for a $200 card that I needed. And every single transaction (after some major bartering via text!) went as smoothly as can be.
Thats the sweat equity situation. I used to do that back in the day for modern cards. We would look at the price guide and i would give 30 cards (heck probably do 50-75 cards now) that were supposively 5 cents a piece and trade it for 1 card for $1.00. Id do that all day.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 05-02-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:08 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default This thread

OK, we have been listening to all of you people who don't like this thread, and to all of you who think Steven is a crook, and to all of you who think the concept is stupid. You have all given your opinions, so now maybe you should all ignore this thread and let the people who are interested enjoy watching the trade up.

You won't be adding anything new by complaining. I think we have heard it all by now. I am interested in seeing how this works out, but I am not interested in all of the arguing.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
And this is exactly what I said would happen. Not all trades are judged solely on a monetary exchange. Sometimes needs are more important than money.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Brendan Mullen

^^^exactly
Old 05-04-2017, 08:19 AM
Mike

You've got a PHD dissertation here. Somewhere between economics and sociology.

Keep the thread, records of the trades and transaction prices, records of differing opinions about the fairness of "trades", the liquidity of cards, ranges of value, etc.

This is a gold mine for both real behaviors on trading in collectibles, as well as a gold mine for opinions and attitudes about trade, social fairness, and paternalism in 2017.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
You've got a PHD dissertation here. Somewhere between economics and sociology.

Keep the thread, records of the trades and transaction prices, records of differing opinions about the fairness of "trades", the liquidity of cards, ranges of value, etc.

This is a gold mine for both real behaviors on trading in collectibles, as well as a gold mine for opinions and attitudes about trade, social fairness, and paternalism in 2017.

+1
Old 05-05-2017, 08:29 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Turned it into......

T206 Pelty, vert, pas 4.5 AVAILABLE
T206 McEvlveen, big 4 AVAILABLE

For

$150
$238 Total.

TRADED

Plus $15.00

FOR

TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 AVAILABLE
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 AVAILABLE

So far shipping and fees have run me $46.58, leaving me with $595.42 and the following cards left for sale or trade.

T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5 $90
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4 $40
1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 $110
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 $38
1962 topps Mays AS card RAW NM $25

Old 05-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Turned it into......

T206 Pelty, vert, pas 4.5 SOLD $60
T206 McEvlveen, big 4 SOLD $25
1962 topps Mays AS card RAW NM SOLD $20

For

$150
$238 Total.

TRADED

Plus $15.00

FOR

TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 SOLD $120
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 SOLD $30

So far shipping and fees have run me $54.58, leaving me with $842.42 and the following cards left for sale or trade.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 05-14-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Almost done

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 05-14-2017 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

2 cards left!!! ROCK BOTTOM PRICES. MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL!
Old 05-14-2017, 10:35 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

SOLD OUT! On to phase 2.

Turned it into......

T206 Pelty, vert, pas 4.5 SOLD $60
T206 McEvlveen, big 4 SOLD $25
1962 topps Mays AS card RAW NM SOLD $20

For

$150
$238 Total.

TRADED

Plus $15.00

FOR

TRADED

FOR

1964 Topps Mickey Mantle BVG 5 SOLD $120
1962 Topps Switch Hitter Mantle PSA 5 SOLD $30

So far shipping and fees have run me $54.58, leaving me with $842.42 and the following cards left for sale or trade.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:42 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

NEW CARD FOR TRADE!! OFFER UP!!!

This is a beautiful BABE RUTH.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

RUTH traded! New scans coming soon!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
RUTH traded! New scans coming soon!

That's a nice looking Ruth, had a feeling it wouldn't last long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

How'd you get the Ruth. I didn't see you ever list it.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:31 PM

Very cool card. Love the trade up.

Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post

Last edited by Dewey; 05-15-2017 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Kyle May

So far it seems you're working your way up very well! Seems like a smart pick up on the Ruth. Got it for slightly under market price (according to eBay Sold Listings), and you still have over $100 left from your trading up.

Just out of curiosity, how long do you expect this trading up to take?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 05-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
Gotta keep an eye out for the thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
So far it seems you're working your way up very well! Seems like a smart pick up on the Ruth. Got it for slightly under market price (according to eBay Sold Listings), and you still have over $100 left from your trading up.

Just out of curiosity, how long do you expect this trading up to take?

No idea haha however long it takes lol
Old 05-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Chr$stopher Pett$

What item is up next??
Old 05-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zact View Post
What item is up next??
It is items not item. Got a bunch of T206's coming up. Southern leaguers as well as factory 42's. Can't wait to post these up for you guys.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Figured Updated on Page 1. New scans will be added tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Patrick N.

Default B.s.

Alright, I'm calling B.S. here. Sorry, that Ruth is cool but "beautiful" is such a stretch. Is this beautiful?

Last edited by mintacular; 05-18-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Alright, I'm calling B.S. here. Anyone that calls that Ruth that fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch as "beautiful" needs to see an eye doctor or a lie detector doctor. BTW, Here is another "beautiful" graded 1 card:

Hilarious that you got that card graded lol; that's great! The Ruth was a good looking card though despite the grade. I think you're just jealous because this guy is gonna get his paws on a 52 Mantle by the all star break at this point.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok here we go boys!

PHASE II.

Early Birds will get the worms!

OFFER UP!

T206 Burch Factory 42 PSA A $100 DLVD SOLD
T206 Pfeister Factory 42 SGC A $100 DLVD TRADED
T206 McIntyre Sweet Caporal $25 DLVD
T206 Burch Piedmont 150 $30 DLVD
T206 Bresnahan Piedmont 350 SOLD
T206 Donovan Sweet Caporal $25 DLVD
T206 Jones Piedmont 350 $25 DLVD
T206 Bush Piedmont 350 $25 DLVD
T206 Schmidt Piedmont 150 $25 DLVD
T206 Isbell Piedmont 150 DOUBLE NAME $30.00 DLVD
T206 Collins Sweet Caporal SOLD
T206 Foster OLD MILL SOUTHERN LEAGUE $SOLD
T206 Helm OLD MILL SOUTHERN LEAGUE. SOLD
T206 Paige OLD MILL SOUTHERN LEAGUE SOLD

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 05-19-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:45 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 05-19-2017 at 09:03 PM.