NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 03-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Gradedcardman's Avatar
Gradedcardman Gradedcardman is offline
Adam Goldenberg
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,281
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipabbott79 View Post
i am sorry. That is not the correct answer. We were looking or "who is nobody?".

Ridiculous time frames for a thousand alex.
lol
__________________
Adam Goldenberg
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-18-2017, 06:18 PM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
Sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that a seller should accommodate. Waiting 1, 2 3 or more years to send it away then asking for a refund is not one of the. Waiting and proving the time frame is out of your hands due to mailing or other factors is much more understandable.
I agree unless there was fraud involved which doesnt sound like the case here.

However even if it is unreasonable to ask for a refund for a 10 year transaction for example and just because you dont like the color anymore, IF the seller says he will refund it or make a trade of certain trade value, he is now on the hook if he does not come through. All the seller had to say was, 'its been 2 years buddy' no refunds.

Plus this nonsense:

"If the email had been less demanding I probably would have offered a refund, but I don't respond well to discourteousness"

And then there is a later email saying that was probably not the truth by the seller. So now there are two issues the buy can rely on as to why he should get a refund even it is a ridiculous amount of time.

Basically any party can agree to something more than is in a contract if they want but they dont have to in the first place. They shouldnt of offered it up.

Your rent is due in 30 days, but you get an email from the landlord saying he will agree to another 70 days to pay. Well, now you got 70 days. Need to be careful what you say actually, though we do live in an age of alternative facts. Hope you enjoy my net54 grammar.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 03-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 AM
HOF Auto Rookies's Avatar
HOF Auto Rookies HOF Auto Rookies is offline
Brent
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I agree unless there was fraud involved which doesnt sound like the case here.

However even if it is unreasonable to ask for a refund for a 10 year transaction for example and just because you dont like the color anymore, IF the seller says he will refund it or make a trade of certain trade value, he is now on the hook if he does not come through. All the seller had to say was, 'its been 2 years buddy' no refunds.

Plus this nonsense:

"If the email had been less demanding I probably would have offered a refund, but I don't respond well to discourteousness"

And then there is a later email saying that was probably not the truth by the seller. So now there are two issues the buy can rely on as to why he should get a refund even it is a ridiculous amount of time.

Basically any party can agree to something more than is in a contract if they want but they dont have to in the first place. They shouldnt of offered it up.

Your rent is due in 30 days, but you get an email from the landlord saying he will agree to another 70 days to pay. Well, now you got 70 days. Need to be careful what you say actually, though we do live in an age of alternative facts. Hope you enjoy my net54 grammar.

Yeah, it has certainly been interesting to say the least.

I totally believe he knew exactly what he was doing selling me these cards and passing on the bad ones to others.

On my end, I typically don't send out cards to get graded. But, I've certainly will be sending them out after I receive them to avoid and potential issues. I admit I certainly could have been better in those regards.

But I whole heartedly am willing to bet this was all part of his plan. Trying to sell the Simmons a year prior for $2,500 then offers $1,250 (because he knows it's bad). Or his "Hornsby". That's a $5k+ card that he tried selling for around $1,500. The list goes on and on.
__________________
HOFAutoRookies.com
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-29-2017, 09:15 AM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,442
Default

I may have missed this, but on cards purchased in Dec. 2014, why wait until 2017 to submit them for authentication?
__________________
Buy high, sell low.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-29-2017, 09:17 AM
HOF Auto Rookies's Avatar
HOF Auto Rookies HOF Auto Rookies is offline
Brent
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I may have missed this, but on cards purchased in Dec. 2014, why wait until 2017 to submit them for authentication?

Had no real dire need to send them in. I don't really like to mail out that many expensive cards and would rather do IP services. But after this, I'm certainly going to send stuff in right away to hopefully avoid any potential issues down the road.
__________________
HOFAutoRookies.com
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-29-2017, 09:49 AM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I may have missed this, but on cards purchased in Dec. 2014, why wait until 2017 to submit them for authentication?
Yes thats bad. However the guy said he would refund him or something like that.

You can owe a debt and the statute of limitations passes and then make another agreement to pay. The clock starts again. So the first clock started 3 years ago but the second clock started only for a week or so when the guy found out the seller wasnt going to come through

Shouldnt keep starting up clock
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Jason May Collection Jasonxmay Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 7 11-14-2015 07:29 AM
Jason Duncan 823dek Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 0 03-09-2010 10:50 PM
Jason L ~ Please Email Me~ Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 0 01-29-2009 12:30 PM
Who is Jason (homeschool_tribe@yahoo.com)??? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 08-11-2008 08:24 PM
Jason Duncan Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 1 01-07-2004 10:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


ebay GSB