NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-01-2016, 03:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
I run into crates of late eighties and early nineties cards on sale at flea markets on a regular basis. It amazes me that Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Upper Deck and Score were able to flood the market so completely that an entire generation of baseball cards are worth so little.
The fact that everyone's mom knew not to throw these cards away didn't help either. If we toss 95% of them in a landfill the other 5% might have some vslue.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:52 PM
M0rrie Mu||ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
The fact that everyone's mom knew not to throw these cards away didn't help either. If we toss 95% of them in a landfill the other 5% might have some vslue.
Every time I visit my parents, I put 2-5k cards in their recycling bin.

The dent is barely noticeable.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:57 PM
David $tephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by unamuzd1 View Post
Every time I visit my parents, I put 2-5k cards in their recycling bin.

The dent is barely noticeable.
I think the previous generation spoiled us. I mean they had The Mick, Say Hey Willie, Hammerin Hank, Ernie Banks and more!! The cards that those guys graced were paper gold and they stuck them in their bicycle fenders to make cool noises! We all thought we were gonna get rich buying Todd Stottelmyer's rookie card and putting it away for a decade or so. Little did we know that everybody else was doing it too!!
Old 04-01-2016, 07:31 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
I think the previous generation spoiled us. I mean they had The Mick, Say Hey Willie, Hammerin Hank, Ernie Banks and more!! The cards that those guys graced were paper gold and they stuck them in their bicycle fenders to make cool noises! We all thought we were gonna get rich buying Todd Stottelmyer's rookie card and putting it away for a decade or so. Little did we know that everybody else was doing it too!!
Just talked to my neighbor the other day and asked her if her son collected baseball cards when he was young. (He is 48)
She handed me a binder full of 90-91 UD hockey cards and she said these were the only cards he ever collected, and the only reason he did, was because a couple of his buddies told him to.

I think that mass buying happened more in those years than any other year if I am not mistaken?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:36 PM
David $tephens

That was right about the time I took interest. I want to say 1989 Score was the set. Bo Jackson, Orel Hersheiser, Nolan Ryan and Jose Canseco were my guys and so was Mike Scott. It was all down hill from there. I think that's why my e obsession with T206 set has remained strong. Because it is original and will never be truly duplicated. One card at a time. No holograms just the folklore.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Back at it again
Old 04-10-2016, 10:10 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Back at it again
How so?