NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Here’s the other thing about Nash that just amazes me. He’s so freaking transparent how do people not see this? He tries so hard to come off as sophisticated, intelligent and caring in regards to the hobby.

However anyone who knows anything about Peter Nash or takes the time to read what is public information can see he is nothing more than a man with a list of legal problems, tax problems and outstanding arrest warrants.

It’s so painfully clear what Nash’s motives are. The whole site is nothing more than a smoke screen to make himself feel better and to draw attention away from his very public issues. He attempts to do this by writing these long drawn out articles in which he drops every name under the sun from Obama, Selig, Lifson, Halper to now other forum owners woven into these Oliver Stone type plots of corruption and espionage.

When he attacks say Barry Halper which he waited until the man was dead to by the way. I can’t help but laugh as he points out “everything seems to lead back to Halper” no kidding the man amassed one of if not the biggest baseball memorabilia collections ever. He was a high profile very public wealthy collector with an appetite for the stuff…hell Pete would have been selling him stuff along with perhaps a few “special” Pete Nash items if he had the chance. Who knows may be he did?

If anything I see Peter Nash wanting to be a Halper, wanting to hang with Halper, drop Halper’s name around town etc. now years later Halper is just another victim in the smear campaign of a man with an agenda hiding from his woes in cyberspace.

Did Halper have stuff that was questionable sadly no doubt. I also think many of us would have had bad items had we built and acquired a collection of that size. In fact Halper would have been and was a big target for the unsavory of the world to work their trade.

The one thing Mr. Nash has in common with Halper is many items seem to come back to Halper…well just as many seem to come back to Nash. Yet strangely that Hauls of Shame article is not posted. Why because in the end the man who’s ridding into town on his white stead to save the hobby is nothing more than a two bit huckster himself. Sort of funny that “Prime Minister Pete Nice” who adopted years of a tough guy persona in a rap band turns out to be an internet dingus. Seems Pete isn’t kicking anyone in the “grill” these days he’s hiding like a little girl spreading rumors and innuendo afraid of being kicked in his.

To me the only thing worse than a criminal is a criminal who pretends to be the law.

I eagerly await Peter Nash’s coming clean the day that happens I will personally ride along with him to help clean this hobby I love up. With that said I think I can keep my schedule pretty open because I don’t see Pete ever coming clean.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-29-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Here’s the other thing about Nash that just amazes me. He’s so freaking transparent how do people not see this? He tries so hard to come off as sophisticated, intelligent and caring in regards to the hobby.

However anyone who knows anything about Peter Nash or takes the time to read what is public information can see he is nothing more than a man with a list of legal problems, tax problems and outstanding arrest warrants.

It’s so painfully clear what Nash’s motives are. The whole site is nothing more than a smoke screen to make himself feel better and to draw attention away from his very public issues. He attempts to do this by writing these long drawn out articles in which he drops every name under the sun from Obama, Selig, Lifson, Halper to now other forum owners woven into these Oliver Stone type plots of corruption and espionage.

When he attacks say Barry Halper which he waited until the man was dead to by the way. I can’t help but laugh as he points out “everything seems to lead back to Halper” no kidding the man amassed one of if not the biggest baseball memorabilia collection ever. He was a high profile very public wealthy collector with an appetite for the stuff…hell Pete would have been selling him stuff along with perhaps a few “special” Pete Nash items if he had the chance. Who knows may be he did?

If anything I see Peter Nash wanting to be a Halper, wanting to hang with Halper, drop Halper’s name around town etc. now years later Halper is just another victim in the smear campaign of a man with an agenda hiding from his woes in cyberspace.

Did Halper have stuff that was questionable sadly no doubt. I also think many of us would have had bad items had we built and acquired a collection of that size. In fact Halper would have been and was a big target for the unsavory of the world to work their trade.

The one thing Mr. Nash has in common with Halper is many items seem to come back to Halper…well just as many seem to come back to Nash. Yet strangely that Hauls of Shame article is not posted. Why because in the end the man who’s ridding into town on his white stead to save the hobby is nothing more than a two bit huckster himself. Sort of funny that “Prime Minister Pete Nice” who adopted years of a tough guy persona in a rap band turns out to be an internet dingus. Seems Pete isn’t kicking anyone in the “grill” these days he’s hiding like a little girl spreading rumors and innuendo afraid of being kicked in his.

To me the only thing worse than a criminal is a criminal who pretends to be the law.

I eagerly await Peter Nash’s coming clean the day that happens I will personally ride along with him to help clean this hobby I love up. With that said I think I can keep my schedule pretty open because I don’t see Pete ever coming clean.
+1 I couldn't have said it better myself!

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 07-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:

When he attacks say Barry Halper which he waited until the man was dead to by the way. I can’t help but laugh as he points out “everything seems to lead back to Halper” no kidding the man amassed one of if not the biggest baseball memorabilia collection ever. He was a high profile very public wealthy collector with an appetite for the stuff…hell Pete would have been selling him stuff along with perhaps a few “special” Pete Nash items if he had the chance. Who knows may be he did?

This should be posted on the autograph forum...most of his Net54 fans hang out in there.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:55 AM
J Stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
This should be posted on the autograph forum...most of his Net54 fans hang out in there.
Please don't...we're quite aware of Nash over there and he's been discussed ad naseum.

We have enough drama amongst ourselves.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Sort of funny that “Prime Minister Pete Nice” who adopted years of a tough guy persona in a rap band turns out to be an internet dingus.
from dingus to internet dingus. That's sort of a progression, right?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
John, going back to his days as a hip hop "star", and speaking in their vernacular, I believe he is doing what is referred to as "dropping the knowledge".

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
pariah1107

Dear Peter Nash,

Please stop.

Disrespectfully, Ty Phelan
Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

While I think that Peter's personal vendetta against Rob or Leon or others adds little to the blog's credibility, I still think there are some valid points that are made in there that should not be ignored. A lot of historically significant material that was originally donated to the HOF and the NYPL was stolen and is now circulating in the hobby. Worse still, probably to avoid embarrassment, these institutions appear to be doing little to recover this material. Without their active involvement, law enforcement officials are limited as to what they can do. This is a real problem, the material that can be shown to be museum/library property needs to be returned and those responsible for the thefts need to be prosecuted (if they have not been already). Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:23 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
While I think that Peter's personal vendetta against Rob or Leon or others adds little to the blog's credibility, I still think there are some valid points that are made in there that should not be ignored. A lot of historically significant material that was originally donated to the HOF and the NYPL was stolen and is now circulating in the hobby. Worse still, probably to avoid embarrassment, these institutions appear to be doing little to recover this material. Without their active involvement, law enforcement officials are limited as to what they can do. This is a real problem, the material that can be shown to be museum/library property needs to be returned and those responsible for the thefts need to be prosecuted (if they have not been already). Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........(the whales might be listening)
Old 07-29-2013, 03:36 PM
pariah1107

Credibility is the #1 issue. Peter Nash FABRICATED rare baseball artifacts, lied about it, and is somehow exonerated (in some circles) because he posts a blog about the very thing he participated in.

It's sickening to attack a person who operates an open forum for the betterment of our hobby to advance a personal agenda. He needs psychological help.

I believe people on this board take it VERY SERIOUSLY.

Last edited by pariah1107; 07-29-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:42 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Ty--do you think the thefts are not problems?
Old 07-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Ty--do you think the thefts are not problems?
Yes, they are a problem...so is child abuse and if Casey Anthony was blogging about it she'd be getting crucified. Peter Nash gets what he deserves.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
. Some serious people like Dorothy Seymour Mills appear on board to get this situation rectified. Maybe the board should take it a little more seriously. Just my two cents.
She probably has no idea of Peter Nash's involvement in fraud. It's not like he writes about it on his blog.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

All I said is that the thefts are a problem. A lot of people are unaware of them. If you are aware of them great. End of statement.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Dan Bretta

A lot of people here on the board do take it seriously, we just don't take Nash seriously.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:16 PM
David R

Quote:
All I said is that the thefts are a problem. A lot of people are unaware of them. If you are aware of them great. End of statement.
I didn't know anything about Nash, the HOS, or the NYPL thefts until I read this post. Nash seems like he has lots of issues of his own and his mudslinging at Leon seems undeserved and mean-spirited. Leon has done a terrific job running this Board from everything I have seen. The issue that troubled me (and interested me) the most about the HOS article was the NYPL thefts (which I guess were old news to everyone but me). I was also troubled (if it's true) that folks would knowingly buy that stolen stuff and proudly display it here and on other sites. I wasn't aware that had happened (if it really did). I am surprised this post didn't generate more discussion about those issues, but maybe that's all been discussed ad nauseum in the past on here.