NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Default meet you fellow collectors

Posted By: Joe Pelaez

That's how the cards were dealt out, and believe me I'm not complaining.
This year I'm heading towards 76 and it's been one hell of an interesting ride.
It's been a fun ride in the card world.
As a ten year old in 1941 NYC my first cards from the candy store were the 1941 Play Ball's.
That was the first cards that I ver flipped with the other school kids.
Then eventually I discovered girls, and they flipped me.
It wasn't until 1982 that I re entered card collecting again.
I started innocently by collecting Valenzuela rookie cards, from there I worked myself backwackwards towards the 1941 Play Ball and collected the set.
It was inevitable that the ever popular since it's conception T206 set would mesmerize me and add me to the list of worshipping indentured slaves.
I have two T206 sets.
1. The very nice condition set missing just one card from the known T206 check list, is a set that was like an unplanned child, the results of a large tobacco purchase at a "Lee" San Francisco show. .. late '80's. .... very proud of this set.

2. My second set, the beater set, was actually the original set that I started.
It's made up of cards that were loved by every T206 collectors that ever lived.
It's missing just 11 cards from the known T206 check list, and believe it or not. it's my favorite set of the two.

Complete T205 frontal set.

20 of the 25 needed for the T217 set.

Complete T201 set.

Complete T209 type I set.

219 of the T209 type II set.

I'll stop here and just say 'Saludos fellow collectors."

Joe P.

Oops, I forgot, I'm in Virginia.