NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Default Steve M. "jacklitsch" Wrong or Right?

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Since Steve wanted to go public with a "hypnotically situation" and then tell me he has stuff pasted... I think Will get it out as he will. Hopefully people can see how B/S/T deals can go South quickly with people.

3:08pm JC E-mail sent to see Ullman card back

3:18pm JC E-mail sent to see scan of Back of Rose card

6:30pm Steve's e-mail

JC:

Attached are scans of the back of the Rose Keeler and Ullman McGann.

Note that what may appear to be creases on the stamp box of the Keeler are not. It is the embossing effect of the issue.

I have two other Rose cards Phillippe and Killian. They can be viewed at the link herein provided. The backs are the same as the Keeler

7:41Pm Steve's e-mail

1. pokerstars
2. make up your mind. I'm getting other inquiries on the cards.

8:24pm JC's e-mail

What's the price for the both of the cards? There were some good football games today... Not sure if you follow football

9:31Pm Steve's e-mail

I do follow Football though not rabidly. Here in Chicago we are naturally Bears fans (The Falcons would do good to get Ron Rivera though given a choice I don't think he'd want the job because of that prima donna Vick).

The Keeler is on 24 hour hold so I'll have to get back to you on that one. The Ullman McGann is $500. You might want to look at this link

10:41pm Jc e-mail

Why would it be on hold? I contacted you first and just wanted to se the back? JC

11:31pm Steve's e-mail

The card is on hold because no one has made a commitment to buy it. Requesting a scan is not a commitment. "I will take the card subject to seeing a scan of the back which if clean will confirm the deal" is a commitment that I would honor. Until such time I feel free to entertain any offers or proposals of interest.

One such proposal has been made that I am keenly interested in as it involves a trade for cards high on my want list. I agreed to give the other party time to make scans and present the proposal with greater specificity. If it doesn't work out you are first in line to purchase the card if you make the necessary commitment.

Bottom line, until I get a firm commitment I am a free agent.

12:37am JC e-mail to Steve

Nevermind on any of them... You should have told me this upfront... This was never mentioned. I think Scott B. probably is coming in after the fact.. You should have just told me after someone else came in afterwards. Asking for a scan of the back of a postcard is common and that is part of the dealing... You were in no hurry to do it as you were in the tourney.. I'm OK with that.. But not OK having you buy time to get out of dealing with me for a better offer.... I'm really surprised at you Steve... Finish your deal (if any) with me first and then move down to next e-mail (if a deal is not struck) ... That is how it works unless you are taking offers and the highest bid wins??? I did not see that listed....

The bottom line is that I have spent thousands of dollars with Steve on more than one transaction. I'm a repeat customer that he has known for years. I posted most all of the e-mails less a little "small talk" not related to cards. Because Steve was busy playing cards he did not have time to send a scan of the back right away.. No big deal.. But this allowed more time for another person to enter the deal.. Only after I asked him for the price on both cards together did he inform me one card is on HOLD. I have an issue with his communication. Since he brought it up... It's all out now... I'm sure I could have been more detailed.. But on a simple deal like this, I did not think I had too.. Plus I've not heard anything too bad about Steve before...

JC