NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default E98 & E93 HOFers for sale

Posted By: Brett

E98 Nap Lajoie and E93 Jennings for sale. The Lajoie has paperloss and tape on it and the Jennings is trimmed on the top and side edge, but is a great looking card. Asking $165 for the 2 cards. i would prefer to sell them together as a lot, but i'm open offers individually.

Thanks,

-Brett

Old 02-14-2008, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

nice cards, good luck with the sale.

say hi to your brother bill bellamy for me, who shares the same address as you and is a known scammer.

quan

Old 02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Quan, you seriously have to get a life and stop acting like a baby. That is between to you and Bill, NOT ME, so stop trying to drag me into your problems. If you do not wish to purchase these cards, then please stop posting this every time I make a post on these forums. Perhaps Leon can make you stop

Have a nice day.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Administrator

just trying to let people know what they me potentially in for.

i will respect leon's wishes if he wants me to...

quan

edit: also i don't know who's who since you guys operate out of the same house...and could be selling cards for him.

editx2: also good to see you finally acknowledged me after ignoring my email when i was having problem with bill.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Although I feel Quan's pain and I do think Bill Bellamy is a lieing scammer I need to ask not to bring this up anymore where Brett, his brother, is concerned. Bill will never be allowed to post on this board again unless he makes his fraudulent deal with Quan right.....So, Quan, please don't post about the lieing thief Bill anymore in the threads that Brett is in.......thanks much......

edited to correct the name of the brother of the scammer....

Old 02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

Who is Lee - I thought Brett was the brother? BTW, in my opinion, if they operate out of the same house and you cant tell who is who, I'd stay away from both.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott S

FWIW, just wanted to add that I bought a few E93's from Brett a few months back, and had no problem with the transaction. They got held up in Canadian customs for a while but other than that it was a good transaction.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

It is Brett who is the brother of the scammer...not Lee.....

Old 02-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Administrator

respecting leon's wish i will stop the harassment...i don't want brett requesting i write him him an apology through usps mail.

i would just like to say since they share the same address brett could be selling cards for bill...and even though i've done a deal with brett he's in the same boat as bill also for taking no action and condoning bill's action...but they're brothers so i expect no less.

the matter is now closed and dead to me (don't want to seem too petty over $500 )...thanks leon!

Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Why should I be penalized for something I did not do ? This is between Bill and Quan, NOT me. He then tries to drag me into it all the time. He then hijacks this this thread so that nobody on these forums will buy cards from me. People like this should be allowed on these boards. This is harassment.

Quan seemed like a nice guy when I sold him a card at the end of last year. I hoped to do business with him in the future. But he practically harasses me every time I post something on these boards it gets annoying and shows how immature he is, acting like a baby and draging me into his problems with Bill.

I don't agree with J Krasner telling people to "stay away from both" because I have baught and sold dozens of cards from these boards without any trouble, other than one of my packages that had a tracking number was not showing up on canadapost.ca for a week or two. I phoned Canada Post, they did an investigation and the cards arrived to the seller about a week later, but all was fine.

The cards I am currently selling or will be selling in the future are MY cards, NOT Bills.

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks,

Brett

Old 02-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Personally, I see where Quan is coming from. If you dont want the "harassment," then step in and influence your brother to make things right with Quan. If he doesnt give a $h#t about Quan or his own reputation, perhaps he cares enough about his brother to want to keep him from paying for his own mistakes. Probably not though.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Administrator

I gotta tell you.....I am sort of with Brett on this one. He hasn't done anything wrong.

Brett- Quan has said he won't do it anymore so that is it....lets let it go.....

JK- I understand your thought but if your brother did something wrong I wouldn't mandate that you make it right...even if he lived with you. I have always been taught to treat people like you want to be treated and the way they treat you.....

The statement that soured my on Bill, besides the obvious issue, was when he told Quan that he wouldn't be able to prove something in court...that's a pile of BullS*** in my book. Friendly collectors don't say that to other friendly collectors...They make things right if there is an issue.....
take care...

Old 02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Leon,

Im sorry Brett is getting caught in the middle, but if his brother is unwilling make things right, and putting pressure on him forces his brother's hand, so be it - Im willing to live with myself. If we cant trust the people we deal with on b/s/t then the entire system fails.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Pugeda

What I don't understand is the fact that Brett is being held accountable for what his brother Bill did AND didn't do. I assume that Bill is an adult and as such he should be held accountable for his actions and NOT his brother.

JK, to state that buying from Brett should be avoided because of his relation to Bill is just out of line unless you have had experience to support this. I know it is your opinion, but don't you think this could negatively effect Brett? And if so, is it justified?

For the record, I have not done business with Brett, but I have also not read anything negative about any transactions with him. I have done business with Bill (for a different e93) and the only problem with the transaction was somewhat slow shipping. I received the card as described.

Mike Pugeda

Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Mike,

I was giving my personal opinion - that being, if I cant be sure whether Im buying from Brett or from Bill (selling through Brett) as they live in the same house, Im choosing to not to buy from either. I guess that really isnt fair to Brett, but I'd rather be safe than sorry in my dealings.

Edited to be a little more clear.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

josh is a bulldog! but i agree with leon let's just drop it.

i'd sold the matty on ebay, and the original owner bought it back for less than half of what he sold it to bill for...so everyone's happy!

this will be it for me on the matter.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: AndyH

I just wanted to add that I also had a perfectly fine transaction with Brett for a T206 HOFer and some T213-2's with no problems. Thanks again Brett.

Thanks,

Andy

Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: howard

What makes anyone think that Brett has the ability to influence Bill in regards to his dealings with Quan? Being his brother does not mean he will listen to him. My late brother and I did not get along and I was the last person he would have taken advice from.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Im sure you didnt live with your brother after a while either.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

One would think Brett would be sympathetic to what happened to Quan, express that, and at least try to talk to his brother. He has basically said, "Tough ****. It's not my problem." Well it's not your problem. But your decision has consequences as well. It seems like neither Brett nor Bill are very successful in the arena of public opinion. The slightest effort would change everybody's perspective.
JimB

Old 02-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

True, JK. I went away to college partly to get away from my brother and soon after that he moved west. While we lived together it took great will power on my part not to kick his ass on a daily basis. If Brett and Bill's relationship was anywhere close to as bad as ours then I would not expect Brett to have any influence over his brother whatsoever.

Brett should not be held accountable for his brothers actions especially since there are board members who have had problem free transactions with him.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Howard,

You assume a huge fact that is not in evidence. I mean, its a shame that you and your brother didnt get along, however, Im going to go out on a limb and say that that is not the norm. Neither Brett nor anyone else has stated that they dont get along. From what has been written, one could assume just the opposite is true. Rather than condemn his brother's actions (as I suspect you would have if this happened to involve you) Brett has simply chosen to ignore what his brother has done and state "this is between you and Bill, not me." In other words, his silence on the subject speaks volumes. Does anything about that post really sound like your situation? No, Im guessing if Brett were in your shoes the comment would have been something like: "Sorry Quan, I know my brother scammed you, he's a piece of $h#t, I wish I could help, but there is simply nothing I can do about it. If you dont mind, please let me sell my cards without interfering in my sale."

But hey, I can see where "that's between you and Bill" can be construed as quite the rebuke.

Old 02-17-2008, 05:38 AM
Administrator

JK,

I haven't assumed anything. I just pointed out a possibility. Living together does not automatically mean that people get along. My brother and I got along better when we lived apart. Also, for reasons of family peace I would not have referred to my brother in a negative manner on a forum that he also frequented. I would have stayed out of it just as Brett seems to have done.

If Brett has no influence at all over his brother then the only gripe Quan would have with him is that he hasn't bashed Bill in this forum and I do not think that is enough reason to make a post attacking him.

Believe me, I can see the other side of the issue but I know first hand what it's like to be treated unfairly because of a brother's actions/reputation and it is extremely frustrating.

You and Quan both seem like good guys and I don't want to offend either of you. So if I have come off as heavy handed I'm sorry. It's an issue that hits close to home for me.

Howard

P.S. - I get along great with my other brother : )

Old 02-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike Pugeda

JK,

I wasn't going to post again on this thread, but....

It seems you are just as guilty of making assumptions as you accuse Howard of being. How do you know what was said or done between Brett and his brother? How do you know that Brett did not tell Bill that he had done the wrong thing? Just because he did not state that in his post does not mean an attempt was not made. Sure, it would have been nice for him to make us aware of his position regarding the whole situation, but he's not obligated to.

Brett was simply trying to sell a couple of cards and if anybody was out of line it would be Quan (sorry Quan) and yourself. Quan for interfering with Brett's sales and you for opining that you would "stay away from both brothers." I don't see you asking Quan anywhere for his apology to Brett (who is not responsible for Quans e93 Matty debacle). And if you thing Quan is RIGHT in his initial post in this thread, then you are WRONG.

Mike Pugeda

Note: I neither know Brett or have done business with him, I just get tired of people and their "holier-than-thou" bull-shi!