NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-10-2021, 11:22 PM
A@ron V@!llan©️our⍑

Default Worst type of eBay "guy"

Coming off a couple frustrating auction experiences and now I'm curious about the community's biggest pet peeves.

I personally can't stand the "starts an auction at $.99 but sets a ridiculously high hidden reserve" guy....as Tommy Devito in Goodfellas would say: Am I here to f$@%# amuse you?

Who is the "guy" you can't stand?

Last edited by slightlyrounded; 03-10-2021 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 04:34 AM
Albert Bee

Default peeve

Tommy DeVito ? Jersey Boys.....the guy from the Four Seasons ?
Old 03-11-2021, 04:42 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

When you message someone to negotiate a price and they raise their BIN price. Cmon, it’s terrible form.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 03-11-2021, 05:01 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Sellers who overcharge shipping, charge $4 then ship in a PWE.

People who say " I won't leave feedback until you do first" you sound like a used douche.

I hate when I make an offer and seller asks to take the sale off Ebay. Why would I give up the buyer protection that Ebay offers just to save you a few bucks?
Old 03-11-2021, 06:11 AM
Ben North

The feedback nerds for sure. It has been completely worthless for a very long time. Even better the buyers that think the sellers need to leave feedback FIRST. The transaction isn't over for the seller till AFTER the buyer has left feedback. The buyers that message you begging for feedback.

Off eBay, the people that you agree on a price. Then they are such cheap POS that they send PP WITHOUT adding the PP fees when they agreed to pay the fee. There is one member on here that does this but always posts that they cover fees.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:17 AM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The feedback nerds for sure. It has been completely worthless for a very long time. Even better the buyers that think the sellers need to leave feedback FIRST. The transaction isn't over for the seller till AFTER the buyer has left feedback. The buyers that message you begging for feedback.

Off eBay, the people that you agree on a price. Then they are such cheap POS that they send PP WITHOUT adding the PP fees when they agreed to pay the fee. There is one member on here that does this but always posts that they cover fees.
Do buyers do that? As a buyer, I care less about feedback. It doesn’t do anything for me, the benefit of good feedback is for a regular seller. Is there some benefit to feedback I am missing as a buyer?

On the topic, I agree with the OP, why list something at a .99¢ if your going to have a reserve? Just start your auction at a price you can live with if that’s the only bid.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 03-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Tony. Biviano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
Sellers who overcharge shipping, charge $4 then ship in a PWE.

People who say " I won't leave feedback until you do first" you sound like a used douche.

I hate when I make an offer and seller asks to take the sale off Ebay. Why would I give up the buyer protection that Ebay offers just to save you a few bucks?
Now you sound like a used douche!
Old 03-13-2021, 03:34 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Now you sound like a used douche!
Ebay offers protection to buyers if a transaction goes bad. Why would you give that up to save a few bucks?
Old 03-11-2021, 06:28 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
When you message someone to negotiate a price and they raise their BIN price. Cmon, it’s terrible form.
This is pretty common. I recently had this happen on a item that had been relisted a few times. I offered about 75 percent of their BIN price. Seller messaged me back saying if it didn't sell they would raise their price. It didn't sell and they did raise the price, strangely someone bought it at the higher price.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

People who give lousy feedback because the USPS is overwhelmed and slow as sh*t at times. Particularly when you are shipping out of NJ. In a blizzard.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:51 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
People who give lousy feedback because the USPS is overwhelmed and slow as sh*t at times. Particularly when you are shipping out of NJ. In a blizzard.
That feedback is easily removed.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
that's always a good one. i sent out a package in similar situation - also from NJ - of course package gets re-routed like 6 times. i reached out to buyer several times to check in (even with the buyer having the tracking number). finally gets the package and feedback: "the shipping was terrible, so slow, but cards got here" not everyone has a clue i guess.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
I ran into a variation of this guy lately. One of the museum collectors on eBay had a card I was interested in. One week it was $999 and the next it went up to $1,499 without reason. I offered $100 below the prior asking price and was told off for "low balling" the guy.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:47 AM
Dave

My last negative I got on Ebay was from a guy who bought a vintage photo and wrote in the feedback.

"There was a crease in the photo."

Went and checked my description, and right there under condition, I wrote "There is a crease in the photo. This is where the crease is....". LOL!

Also included was two large pictures showing the crease.

BTW this feedback was from a guy who waited until the absolute last second of an unpaid item reminder on an under $35 item, to make payment.

Amazingly I was able to get the feedback removed, though it took weeks and was kind of a pain in the ass.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:57 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Seller feedback trolls. Don't pepper me with 99 PMs asking for feedback on a $2 sale.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-11-2021, 06:49 AM
Justin

People who write things like any questions ask, or ask questions before bidding in the description.....and then do not respond to questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 06:54 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
People who write things like any questions ask, or ask questions before bidding in the description.....and then do not respond to questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Or buyers who ask a question with 10 minutes left in an auction.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:08 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

I don’t think I can narrow down my worst, but my favorite is the guy who gives a detailed description of a slabbed card. They are the unicorn of sellers for sure, but I greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 AM
James M.

The guy who when your about to win an auction for a card that's price didn't go as high as he wanted, pulls the auction. Just put it up for a BIN if you want a certain number I don't understand.

I really only try to use eBay as my last option nowadays. Much rather work out deals with everyone over here. Saves the Hassle and the Taxes

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:01 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
The guy who when your about to win an auction for a card that's price didn't go as high as he wanted, pulls the auction. Just put it up for a BIN if you want a certain number I don't understand.

I really only try to use eBay as my last option nowadays. Much rather work out deals with everyone over here. Saves the Hassle and the Taxes
I try to buy here first. Recently I've been buying 2021 Topps parallels off ebay of the Reds. It bothers me when I offer a fair price for a nobody player, comps support my offer, but the seller is selling at x4 the going rate and refuses to budge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-13-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post

Yea I don’t get this since the last 30 seconds are when the price jumps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 08:57 AM
Bill Cauley

Mine was the potential buyer who contacted me asking if I combine shipping even though it says I do right in the item description.

Then they contact me again going on a rant because they can't bid on my cards. Turns out they had two or more NPB strikes against them within the past year and I have it set to block bidders who have that.

They then proceed to tell me that I'm doing ebay all wrong, all while they have previously bid on and won items and didn't pay for them.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:00 AM

The folks that hit the BIN on your items without reading the description or checking the photos then complain/demand partial refunds when the card(s) show up exactly as described and pictured.

I hate that guy.

He's a jerk, and he probably smells bad, too.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:09 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBBC View Post
The folks that hit the BIN on your items without reading the description or checking the photos then complain/demand partial refunds when the card(s) show up exactly as described and pictured.

I hate that guy.

He's a jerk, and he probably smells bad, too.
I suspect there's a lot of this going on right now. Since Covid started and shows have pretty much stopped, the market for what I collect is so competitive that a good item will literally will be sold within seconds of being listed on ebay. You have to strike first and ask questions later or you will have no shot of getting the item. Sucks I know...but that's the environment we live in right now.