NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-15-2015, 07:18 PM
George

Default Show your most unique item

Show your most unique item. This isn't about 'rarity' or value but rather the one that stands out as odd, cool or whatever you want to call it. I'll start with this one that I picked up a few years ago. Someone cut up a bunch of N173's and made them into this collage. Thanks to the help of a fellow board member, we were able to identify many of the players although I have no idea about the origins of the exterior photos (http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152133). I doubt that this item can be restored so I put my own spin on it.

Ok, let's see yours!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baltimore composite collage.jpg (73.8 KB, 524 views)
Old 02-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

One of my fave early pieces...An early baseball game in action...and also featured in a Ken Burns book....(and shown before, but still....)

Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 AM
Kevin O'Gara

two of mine.John Clarkson cigar box and William demuth 1895 baseball pipe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131212_213332.jpg (38.5 KB, 439 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0102.jpg (36.3 KB, 439 views)
Old 02-16-2015, 06:11 AM

Default Game ball from HB "Dutch" Leonard no-hitter in 1916

I've shown this before, but it certainly is unique.
It is perhaps the only known survivor from the second ever no-hitter ever pitched at historic Fenway Park on August 30th, 1916. It remains one of the main centerpieces of my no-hitter collection.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 02-16-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:34 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

I posted this story before, but without a doubt ..centerpiece of my collection.

AUG 4,2011 @ Great American Ball Park

My girlfriend got me tickets to see Paul McCartney for his Cincinnati show.I had a postcard already signed by Ringo Starr himself and when I realize my birthday gift...I knew I had to try to get Sir Paul McCartney autograph on it as well. I didn't have my hopes up since I knew the chances were very small...

We got to the ballpark early because I had never seen Cincinnati and wanted to spend some time around the city before the show.We went to the ballpark early to say hi to a friend and as we were leaving to walk downtown. We saw Paul's SUV drive by and go into a parking garage. Then the garage door was down about 80%....and all of a sudden the garage door opens and BOOM! Paul McCartney comes out to signed for me and my girlfriend!! There was less than 10 other people around besides me and my girlfriend.Those other people just so happen to be walking the street at the right time.His guard said,"You are lucky..he's ahead of schedule" Paul came up to me saw my hand was shaking with the postcard.Look at me and said,"You are shakin' my dear boy!"(I was sooo anxious and nervous!) .He wanted to make the autograph nice and didn't have anything hard to sign the postcard against...sooo Paul grabbed my hand to make it easier to sign the postcard...which he took his time to give me his best signature! I told him how much I appreciated him and how he influence my life(something like that).He look at me and said,"No problem man..." smile and gave me a wink,hahaha. I was soooo excited and in disbielf...I was shaking for about 20 mins after I met him.

My girlfriend got his autograph as well..but not nearly nice of signature.He came out only to sign for me and my gf..then quickly went back into the ballpark garage and closed the door...

I'll never forget the day that I met my idol and how nice he was to me!

Me pointing at Paul sudden arrival!

The ballpark garage door closing

BOOM PAUL!

My big fat head,lol

Last edited by GoCubsGo32; 02-16-2015 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:02 AM
George

Wow, great stuff guys and Gary, what an awesome story!!
Old 02-16-2015, 03:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

Last edited by Runscott; 02-17-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Rich Nelson

Thosue McCartney pictures are awesome! You were shaking for 20 minutes? I would have been shaking all night!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:53 PM
pariah1107

Signed Nick Daviscourt ca. 1925 portrait. Born in Ellensburg, Nicholas de Wiscourt 1889 he wrestled for the Heavyweight title twice, first in 1921 v. Ed Strangler Lewis, and again in 1935 v. Jim Browning. Both bouts he lost.

A thug in the ring and on local baseball diamonds he played semi-pro ball for Ellensburg, 1906-14. Never thought I'd add this to my local sports collection.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Dan Bretta

I have a ton of items that are probably unique, but this is one of my favorites. It's a postcard written by the man pictured on the front (Dan Tobey) to Louis "Dutch" Wagner, Honus Wagner's brother trying to entice him to join the Nebraska Indians.

Dan Tobey photo 00neb2.jpg

Dan Tobey photo 00neb4.jpg
Old 02-16-2015, 07:35 PM

Default Tobey

Really great item, Dan.