NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Game Used Forum - 1980-Present

Old 07-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Saco River Auctions

Saco River Auctions (Troy) hasn't returned my calls, has totally blown me off and has disregarded repeated attempts at collecting the few hundred dollars they owe for advertising. Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Edited to add, they paid today (I was on the road for 12 hours and didn't know) but I am not sure if I want them anymore as advertisers....But I was totally blown off before.....for weeks. Not cool, imo.

Last edited by Leon; 07-26-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Ken McMillan

Not worth it in my opinion.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Not worth it in my opinion.
I posted this in the Saco thread but will delete it and here it is.....

So here is the deal. As many on the board know I have been on vacation this week.. I was in DC and am heading back to Texas. I drove 12 hours with my family today and will drive another 12 hours to get back tomorrow. I am in a hotel as I write this right now, half way home in Lebanon TN.

I have sent Troy repeated invoices for his (2) $200 payments he owed. He had not paid them. I called his office. His secretary answered and I asked for him. She asked who is it, I said my name. She said hold on a minute, came back and said he isn't in. A total screen out.....(I have been in sales for 25 yrs, I get it). I left my name and he never called back. I turn on my computer tonight and I have 6 PMs from the idiots fighting. I look at the front page and see the Saco thread.....I get pissed. I posted my thread about them being deadbeat payers. Then I look at my 40'ish emails I got today and one was from Troy saying he paid and wants his banner back up. I dunno....
Old 07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Life is too short to do business with irresponsible a-holes. The few times I've had to kick a client to the curb for not paying my bills it has been completely worth it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Robert Williams

I hope you had a good vacation Leon. Did you checkout the Smithsonian?
Old 07-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Bruce C@rter

He paid just to put up the post. I bet he want pay again until he needs to post again. I say don't let it get that far.
Life's to short to have to put up with those type of people.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 AM
Steven Finley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
as I write this right now, half way home in Lebanon TN.
Well shit Leon, if I'd known you were stopping in my Podunk hometown I would have bought dinner or least scotch.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:50 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I've never read the advertising rules or advertised, but through observation of the board know that it's a rule that an auction house can't post about their auctions on the front page if they don't have a banner. Auction houses have tried before and were advised to buy a banner. Once they have a banner they can post news and updates about their auctions.

As Leon once stated, the idea is it's unfair to the people who buy banners if auction houses can simply advertise for free by starting threads.

So I can testify that isn't a new rule.

Last edited by drcy; 07-26-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:07 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Having to wait for 2 months to be paid is bad enough, but the lack of communication would make me question a future business relationship.

Just my 2¢.

Jeff G@rf!nke!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Well shit Leon, if I'd known you were stopping in my Podunk hometown I would have bought dinner or least scotch.
Steve
My wife says you don't know Podunk, she is from Podunk. Her town has one stop light.