NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-18-2009, 07:09 AM

Default Net54 T206 observation

The T206 set is monumental, cool, widely collected, a classic within the hobby...but nine of the twenty most recent threads are strictly about this set. The only other informative card issue related thread of note is about the Exhibit sets. A little variety please! I did my part recently with a thread about the Pacific Coast biscuit D310 set, but have gotten little response to the post (I know plenty of you out there have at least a type card from this issue, and can help me out with a tint theory that as far as I can tell has never discussed before--help us gain little more understanding about this set).

I would love to read more about other cool sets too...get crackin', people!

Brian
Old 12-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Brian

I wholeheartedly concur. Most people that read the board ONLY want to take from it, NOT give back to it. Even some of my hobby friends, like Gary N- who had big issues getting a check from Mastro, is ONLY a taker. I got raked over the coals to take down the banner, it got taken down, Gary got his money...and except for about 1 other post, has been gone. I know he reads the board too, as I see him logged in sometimes. Great hobby knowledge, but is only a taker. There are many others the same way. It's sad but it will never change. For those that give back I want to extend a special thanks.....It is YOU who the hobby desperately needs. Thanks again to all who have shared on the board. best regards
Old 12-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Barry Sloate

Perhaps once a T206 thread is started, if a poster has a different question about the set he can continue on the thread already in progress. I know the T206heads are passionate collectors, but the board is nice when there is more balance. Of course, you can't actually enforce a T206 rule, just point out that if someone already sees a thread moving along, just post right there. Everybody interested in the set will see it. In the grand scheme of things, not a big issue but a fair one to bring up.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:33 AM

I, for one, appreciate the irony of a thread started about the T206 set is complaining about the number of threads about the T206 set.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:35 AM
Barry Sloate

I remember an episode of the old Abbott and Costello show where Bud and Lou got a job going door to door selling "no peddlers allowed" signs. Same idea.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Rich Rockwood

I think the T206 dominates conversation on the board because it's probably the most popular set, it's massive, and most importantly, it has a ton of nuances to it.

I for one totally love the 1914/15 Cracker Jack set and have been working for years on it but their just is not a ton of different backs and other nuances (their are some but they are well known) to drive a lot of conversation about them.

Rich

PS: Santa I'm still hoping you find that 1915 Jackson for me!
Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Barry Sloate

We have so many threads about T206 front/back combinations that it could almost have its own section.