NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Joe P.

Default Chantilly Va. Show ... March 26-27-28

Folks, it's that time again.

Last time that I alerted this forum about the Chantilly show, as luck would have it, I got sick, and was not able to attend ... But, as luck and collector friendship would have it, Larrie Dean a dealer, called and alerted me about a T217 Mono held by another dealer ... that was looking for home.
Thanks to Larrie, it became number 21 of a 25 card set.

Talk about vintage, and I didn't even get to the Chantilly Show ... it makes me wonder ... what other cards did I miss out on?

March 26 - 27 - 28

North Hall

Show Hours:
Friday 2:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm

Check in if you're going to the show.

If you're setting up at the show ... give us a peekaboo of your table.

Yes, you will find vintage at a show near the Battle of Bull Run (Manassas).

Here's a dealers list.

http://csashows.com/Dealer_Info/Dealer_Home.htm

I'm hoping to be there Friday _ Saturday. ... See ya.
Joe Pelaez

Last edited by Potomac Yank; 03-19-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: North Hall
Old 03-18-2010, 08:22 PM

I'm going to stop by Friday afternoon.

Andy
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM

I will be there Friday all day. As a matter of fact, we will be having a pre-show, get together for lunch on Friday at Sichuan Village restaurant at 14005 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway before the Chantilly, Virginia show starts. We will be there from about 11 am until about 1:45 pm. The restaurant is not far from the expo center. No need to RSVP. Just show up & join us for lunch.

http://www.sichuanvillage.com/
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Val Kehl

Default Hi Joe,

Now I know why I didn't see you at the last Chantilly Show and haven't seen any posts from you on Net54 for some time - hope you are fully recovered from your illness.

I also picked up a T217-Mono (of Stein) at the last Chantilly Show - I assume from the same dealer (Wayne H.). I also got an E222-A.W.H. from this dealer. I'm glad you weren't there to snag these!

Hope you will join us for lunch at Sichuan Village on Friday before the show starts.
Val
Old 03-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Jim R

I will be there Saturday with Jim jr-looking forward to seeing you there
Old 03-19-2010, 02:15 PM

I will be set up there for the first time in about 20 years. I used to love the show but haven't been there for a long time. I needed something to do since I quit the Philly show.

Brockelman and Luckey Auctions will be represented at the booth so everyone is welcome to stop by to smack Scott around a bit. Don't worry, I will hold him still for you.

looking forwarded to seeing everyone and please say hello and mention that you are a board member.

Thanks
Dan Mckee
Old 03-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Larrie Dean

Default Thanks Joe!

I will be set up at my usual location (across from Wayne H.). I look forward to seeing all the Net54 folks. I've picked up more T205s and T206s. Also, for the more modern collector I am breaking up the Exhibit (1947-66)collection I purchased from the recent Brockelman & Luckey auction...there were some nice "hard to find" cards. Larrie

P.S. I am willing to try helping other Net54ers even if it is not from my stock...thanks Joe!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Rob Sl@+kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
I will be there Friday all day. As a matter of fact, we will be having a pre-show, get together for lunch on Friday at Sichuan Village restaurant at 14005 Lee Jackson Memorial Highway before the Chantilly, Virginia show starts. We will be there from about 11 am until about 1:45 pm. The restaurant is not far from the expo center. No need to RSVP. Just show up & join us for lunch.

http://www.sichuanvillage.com/
Are people who are new to Net54 encouraged to join you, or is it usually the same group of people, year after year, meeting for lunch? It would be nice to meet some of you guys, if I can make it on Friday.

Robert Slatkin >>
Old 03-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Joe P.

Default Hello Robbie .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Are people who are new to Net54 encouraged to join you, or is it usually the same group of people, year after year, meeting for lunch? It would be nice to meet some of you guys, if I can make it on Friday.

Robert Slatkin >>

The pre show meet up ... is open to all Cardoholics.
It is MHO that Virginia, and Maryland has a larger Cardoholic fanbase than we think.
It's a way for that fanbase to get to know each other and exchange notes.
If you can, come over and jump on board.

Joe Pelaez
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM

Hi Joe,
Happy to hear you are getting around better. Have a good show.
Be well Brian

PS Jim R might be able to help you with the scanner.....
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Rob Sl@+kin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Yank View Post

The pre show meet up ... is open to all Cardoholics.
It is MHO that Virginia, and Maryland has a larger Cardoholic fanbase than we think.
It's a way for that fanbase to get to know each other and exchange notes.
If you can, come over and jump on board.

Joe Pelaez
Thank you for the welcoming invite Joe. I started as a Cardoholic, but many years ago switched the focus of my addiction. Now I am more of a Baseball Photoholic. I am still interested in cards though. So, I hope to meet you there.

Robert
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Brian Dwyer

Default SGC Accepting Submissions in Chantilly

I didn't want to start another Chantilly thread on the main board, but I do want to point out that SGC will be making an appearance at this show for the first time in years (if ever). Michael Goldberg will be set up Friday through Sunday accepting submissions. Please consider bringing some cards to drop off with him if you're in the area and able to make the show. Hopefully a successful show this time will lead to repeat appearances in the future.

As always, please feel free to call or email with any questions.

Thank you,

Brian Dwyer
1-800-742-9212
Old 03-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Paul Hawk

I am planning on dropping off some items for SGC slabbing at the show - hopefully Friday.

http://vintagebaseballs.blogspot.com

Stop by and say hello!
Old 03-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Joe P.

Default Mr Brian Dwyer ... Welcome aboard .....

"Hopefully a successful show this time will lead to repeat appearances in the future."

A Successful show depends on how you look at it.

To a vintage collector, and those familiar with the T217 Mono, and E222 A.W.H. sets ... finding one translates to success.

The Chantilly show is not just an authgraph show, the above vintage cards were acquired at the Chantilly Show ... Welcome Aboard.

Joe Pelaez