NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for opinions on c46 Dummy Taylor

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I received this card in the mail today and was pleasantly surprised with how nice it looks. It looks EXMT/NRMT from what I can see and measures to the full 1 1/2 by 2 5/8 inches that it's supposed to measure. Corners are sharp with barely any touches. No creases or wrinkling or wear of any kind. But I guess I started getting worried about the card being possibly trimmed or a reprint since I'm usually not lucky enough to pick up cards that look this good

So, let me know what you all think. I can send out larger scans if need be.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Old 05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

That card is good as gold. I may not know e94 but I do c46 having built the set once and presently dabbling in it. Seems though that the Taylor is in very high demand. A graded example closed about a week earlier than yours and the price was about the same. I was an underbidder on both cards.

I'm not aware that these cards have been reprinted. I seriously doubt it.

Edited to say that if you are uncomfortable with the card I'll take it off your hands.

Old 05-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

I have a near set and some times I'm surprised how nice these cards are.
Perhaps, the Canadian kids treated their cards better than us Americans.

And, there is no known fakes or reprints of C46's.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot

Nice card Brian, looks original to me.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott

Nice win Brian. I wanted that card bad, but lost at the end. I had no idea what they go for. What do they typically go for? What do you think yours will grade? Are they common?
Scott.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Brian, you made out like a bandit on the Taylor. I see no reason to believe it's trimmed. I bought a common I needed from the same seller, and like you I was thrilled at the condition. Her scans didn't do the cards justice.

As you know I managed to get a Taylor this past week to complete my set, but I paid more and it's not as nice as yours

Tim

Old 05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

I was another underbidder who would be happy to take it off your hands. Good one!

Old 05-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Thanks guys, I appreciate those opinions and I do feel better now. Jeez, I had no idea I was bidding against so many of you. I have no reason to doubt the seller or the card at all really, I was just noticing how nice this card looks as compared to the usual lowgrade stuff that I buy so I couldn't help but think I had stumbled into something that was of the "too good to be true" variety.

I noticed that an SGC 80 Taylor was sold on Ebay a while back for $612. This one went for well below that and appears to be in equally as nice of shape. I guess that was another reason I started second guessing myself.

Thanks again for the input guys, I appreciate it!

Brian

Old 05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Danny

As Dummy Taylor collector. C46 Taylor is one of hardest Taylor card out there other than E 91 card. I was lucky to find C46 in SGC 30 holder last year and paid 50 for it. The price had been rising up in past year. I have noticed more people collect C46 set. Your card is such a beauty, would come with real high grade. I have alot people who need this card for their deaf collection.

best of luck with this card-

Danny