NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 03-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default *** Exceedingly SCARCE group of 15 t210-3 Orange Borders -- SOLD!!***

I don't think too many people have tried going after this rare subset so I can't imagine there's ever been a group of these this size that have been made available before. So far, what we know is that there are 20 confirmed t210-3 OBs, most players with likely no more than 4-5 examples. This group here comprises a solid 75% of the set. Perfect for a collector looking to pick up a tough new project that has only been attempted by very few individuals in our hobby. As far as I'm aware, this would be the largest group made available to date.

Players and their condition grades are listed below. The cards range from some nicer examples, down to a couple examples that are kind of rough. But for this set, you truly have to take what you can get with so few examples out there to work with. The color is terrific on most of the cards...whereas t210s typically have bright fire-engine-red borders, these are a shocking neon orange instead!

Always up for trading for e107s, t204s or any sort of oddities/printing mishaps. Would much rather prefer to trade than sell the group directly but I'm happy to listen to cash/trade offers while I try to think of a price I'd sell the cards for

One note, as the group is a very significant offering for this particular subset, I would likely not have any interest in splitting up the lot.

Additional scans are available upon request. Thanks in advance for any interest....

*** Cards are now sold ***

Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

jeremyj-001.jpg
---------------------------------------

Burch PSA 2 - solid card and undergraded...no real wear or wrinkling
Yantz PSA 4 - Solid card but appears to be overgraded
Gordon SGC 40 - great overall example...one tiny corner wrinkle
Nagel GD/VG - one corner wrinkle...back clean and damage free
Curry FR+ - 2-3 light wrinkles and some corner wear...back clean and damage free
Kipp VG - one tiny corner wrinkle, sharp card...back clean and damage free
Hooks PR - missing corner...but decent card otherwise
Blanding VG/EX - no wear/wrinkling. One tiny ding in lower left...back is perfect
Northern GD - a couple very light wrinkles....clean and damage free back
Slaven PR/FR - creasing on lower half of card. Upper half very clean... clean and damage free back
Leidy FR - a couple wrinkles and a notch on right edge ...clean and damage free back
Stringer VG but appears to measure short - no wrinkling, very little wear ...clean and damage free back
Firestine PR - creases all over...clean and damage free back
Stinson PR - creases all over...clean and damage free back
Jones AWFUL - has some yellow to the borders but looks like it might have been wadded up at one point

Last edited by shammus; 05-15-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 PM
bR@dY ThuRsT0N

I love the look of these.....good luck in your trading/selling endeavor!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 PM
James R. Hill

Beauties! Best of luck with the sale.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Thanks Brady and JR, I appreciate the kind words!

Thought I might give people a small update. I'm getting a few requests about splitting the group up, which I expected. I will give some thought in the next couple days about doing so.

I'd still prefer to trade for cards that would help my immediate projects - e107s, t204s, d311s and printing oddities/mishaps from all sets. But I suppose I'll open this up and listen to all cash/trade offers for the cards individually. If it appears that most of the cards will go to new homes in this manner, I might go ahead and split the group up.

Thanks all....
Old 03-26-2014, 06:42 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Guys,

After giving this some thought, I'm probably going to hold off on splitting the group up for the time being. I had some cash offers from some people that were very fair, but the reason I was considering moving the cards to begin with was to trade for cards I needed and that opportunity unfortunately didn't present itself.

Asking $3800 and I'll still consider cash/trade offers for the group as a whole if anyone is willing.

Thanks all....

Last edited by shammus; 04-28-2014 at 02:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:10 AM

Brian

Good luck on the quest to reign in the E107 small set.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Figured I'd wait until after REA to bump this lot again. Asking $3800 on the group. If anyone out there was shut out during REA but still wants a unique item, this group may be perfect for you. Also, there simply aren't many of these cards to go around so anyone wanting to make a run at this subset would have a very difficult time going about it starting from scratch. This group would put you within shouting distance of completion immediately.

Additional/better scans available upon request....

Thanks in advance,
Bria
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

I'll do a one-time bump with these before sending them back to the vault. Knocked this group all the way down to $3400. Will consider cash/trade offers as well. Thanks in advance,
Brian-