NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-08-2012, 09:22 AM
Chris Porter

Default SportsCardLink Auction UP!

Hey Net 54 -

The new SportsCardLink auction is open for bidding! There are numerous T206 groups and singles included, both graded and raw, as well as many other Pre-War cards.

If you have any questions about the auction or any of the lots, please email me or give me a call.

Hopefully there will be something of interest to you!

The auction closing date will be Thursday the 20th, starting at 8:00 PM EST.

Best to all!

Chris Porter
www.sportscardlink.com
Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 PM
GaryPassamonte

Chris- Good luck with the auction.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Chris Porter

Thanks Gary - sorry that we only have one card to potentially whet your 19th Century appetite!

CP
Old 09-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Phil Garry

Nice Fan Craze near-set, otherwise way too many T206 cards for me..........
Old 09-08-2012, 09:01 PM

Good luck Chris.
JimB
Old 09-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Chris Porter

Default Last Day Reminder

Just a quick reminder to Net54 that our auction ends TODAY, starting at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. All of the lots end with their own timer, with no "Extended Bidding" sessions. Please check it out at www.sportscardlink.com and feel free to call me with any questions.

Regards and Good Luck!

Chris Porter
SCL
617-517-0072 extension 104 or
cporter@sportscardlink.com
Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM
JimRoss
Banned

Thx but not interested.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 AM
Scott

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimross View Post
Thx but not interested.

glad you posted that, thanks...

btw, what did you have for breakfast, we are all hanging on your every whim..
Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Dave Foster

pm sent
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thx but not interested.
A quick look at your profile page and your comments leads me to believe there is an issue.

You are now banned until you and I talk on the phone. Bad registration information on file was the impetus for the banishment.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Tony N.

Default Jim

Quote:
Thx but not interested.
That was a very ignorant comment.

So Long!

Tony
Old 09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Chris Porter

Thanks to all who participated in the auction last night. Overall it was a great success and we're looking forward to trying to continue to come up with fresh material for collectors. Hopefully some of the Net54 crew were able to add to their already impressive collections!

Regarding "jimross," I don't know who you are but hopefully we'll have some cards in our next auction that will interest you....

Also, "Dave Foster" PM'd me about our new policy of requiring new registrants to provide us with a CC to keep on file. This is 100% secure information and is being done in an effort to keep thrill bidders out of the DB. If this took anyone by surprise yesterday I apologize - in the end we believe that it's a benefit to all bidders.

Regards

Chris Porter
SCL
Old 09-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Porter View Post
Thanks to all who participated in the auction last night. Overall it was a great success and we're looking forward to trying to continue to come up with fresh material for collectors. Hopefully some of the Net54 crew were able to add to their already impressive collections!

Regarding "jimross," I don't know who you are but hopefully we'll have some cards in our next auction that will interest you....

Also, "Dave Foster" PM'd me about our new policy of requiring new registrants to provide us with a CC to keep on file. This is 100% secure information and is being done in an effort to keep thrill bidders out of the DB. If this took anyone by surprise yesterday I apologize - in the end we believe that it's a benefit to all bidders.

Regards

Chris Porter
SCL
Chris, though there wasn't anything for my collection last night I am always eager to see your auctions. I certainly understand about trying to keep out unwanted (shill/thrill) type bidders. It is sort of the same on this board. This Jim Ross person, as far as I an tell, is a falsified registration. After his asinine comment I looked at his public profile on the board (which anyone can do by clicking on the user id and statistics) only to find that he very often makes this kind of negative comment. So of course I pick up the phone and call the phone number he registered with to see what his issue is. He is entitled to say what he wants to, per the rules, but not be a totally anonymous person on the board. The number he gave is a Hyatt Hotel and they have never heard of him. Just another troll in my book.

Once again Chris, thanks for your advertising on Net54baseball and keep up the good work with the auctions.

Last edited by Leon; 09-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Robert Williams

I hate I missed this auction. It looks like there were alot of good deals to be had. I hope not to miss the next one. Maybe give us a heads up a week before it ends?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Chris Porter

Bobby -

I'm sorry that you missed it too, but I honestly don't know what else we could have done to make it more visable: I posted an introductory announcement, a reminder, had banner ads blaring the whole time, and sent out multiple emails to our entire database. If you have any suggestions on how to make an online auction more noticeable I'm open to them.

Thanks!

Chris