NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2011, 07:06 AM
R Dixon

Default T210-3 Orange Borders

Hey guys. I know this has been discussed, but I was hoping we could revisit it. I’ve been doing some digging, and I was able to find scans/photos of the following T210 Orange Bordered cards:

Billiard 1
Blanding 2
Burch 4
Curry 3
Firestine 3
Gordon 3
Hooks 2
Johnston 3
Jones 2
Leidy 1
Nagel 2
Northen 2
Slaven 2
Stringer 2
Thebo 2
Yantz 2

I also found some text that indicated that there are examples out there of Tullas, Alexander, Kip, Munsell, and Stinson. Can any of you confirm this? Do you have scans? Are there any other examples that you’ve seen or heard of?

This year’s REA auction had a series 3 complete set in it with 13 orange borders. However, each of the OB’s in the lot had previously known examples. With that many, I would really expect some new subjects. I know there used to be a belief that every card in the series 3 set was printed with an ob, but the fact that we keep seeing the same subjects over and over makes me think that this is very unlikely. Any thoughts?

Here's my only one

If anyone wants the scans/pics that I found online, send me a PM
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Pup6913

I am pretty sure I picked up a Stinson for a fellow board member last yr at Balt. Nationals. He frequents the board and I am sure will chime in.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Steve Birmingham

Mine is a Nagel. No scan yet, I've had it since the early 90's.

Steve B
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

My lone example-

Old 07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
JeR@Me

Default OB's

I own the Firestine, Gordon, and Nagel Orange Border cards. I also checked my research notes and I don't believe there are any documented examples of a Dallas, Shreveport, or Fort Worth player which would indicate that during the printing process they corrected the problem after finishing with these teams : Houston, San Antonio, Waco, Galveston, Oklahoma City. Brian may have some more to add to this as he has been collecting these rascals as long as I have, and has several examples.

Thanks, JJ

Edited to add Jones (A 4th OB I own that I forgot to add in this thread)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 08-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I think I still have these

I think I still have these for examples but know for sure I have the yellowish looking one. My good friend, John Esch, in Ft. Worth has a really yellow one.....The more yellow the neater they are to me.....Brian M. does know more about these than most as he does collect 'em fairly earnestly.....regards

Old 07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
R Dixon

Default OK

OK, as far as can tell there are 20 known subjects:

Alexander
Billiard
Blanding
Burch
Curry
Firestine
Gordon
Hooks
Johnston
Jones
Kip
Leidy
Munsell
Nagel
Northen
Slaven
Stinson
Stringer
Thebo
Yantz

He may have an updated list, but in 2009 Brian M listed the same 20 players through his research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleBaseball View Post
I own the Firestine, Gordon, and Nagel Orange Border cards. I also checked my research notes and I don't believe there are any documented examples of a Dallas, Shreveport, or Fort Worth player which would indicate that during the printing process they corrected the problem after finishing with these teams : Houston, San Antonio, Waco, Galveston, Oklahoma City. Brian may have some more to add to this as he has been collecting these rascals as long as I have, and has several examples.

Thanks, JJ
Jeremy, in your post you said that they might have corrected the problem after finishing some of the teams. That's assuming that they were printed team-by-team. Does anyone know if this is true?

It seems to me that if there are 20 known subjects that they could have all been printed together?

Leon, the reason I asked about your friend's yellow card is because of these:

thebocomp.jpg

There's an obvious color progression, and that's what made me wonder....