NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: sweetguy28

Is this card a reprint do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=2746531471

Old 08-08-2003, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Ben

Old 08-08-2003, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Elliot

Looks original to me.

Old 08-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Mike Ward

Gee, I almost wet my pants as the title of this thread didn't have to do with ebay and fake cards. Oh, it another one of the 17,000 threads on ebay and fake cards. I'm sorry, I thought I was on the Pre-war\Vintage card site. Never-mind.

Old 08-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Hankron

That's funny, because 'sweetguy' and you are both scammers. I'm not surpised you would want to change the subject.

Old 08-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Yeah, I'm a scammer. Not quite, just someone that likes to read posts about vintage cards and items of the era and not about the Jr. detectives league. Gee, we don't seem to get it. Are there fake cards being sold on ebay? Book'em Danno!! Aren't you supposed to respond to your own post 12 more times before I post again?

Old 08-08-2003, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

LOL

That is so true. Funny sorry, I was just asking a question but oh well. I too would like to read about something other than this but apparently this is the hot topic of the week?

Old 08-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Just to clarify I am not a scammer but I am not sure you are allowed to call somebody that on this board are you?

Old 08-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: runscott

The rest of us wish the rip-off artists would disappear so that there would be nothing to talk about BUT vintage cards, but for now they are still in our face - some good honest collectors have been fooled by the loc scans and other forgeries, but were able to get their money back because of the efforts of this board.

As both of you are well aware, the efforts of this board have also led to some of the scammers being shut down, and may eventually lead to ebay cleaning up their act. But it's guaranteed that if we say nothing, that it will get even more prevalant - look at Yahoo for a perfect example. Sounds like you two aren't so crazy about the efforts being made by this board to clean up things. Tough luck guys. BTW, this post isn't really for you two - I'm well aware of what you both think and I'm not stupid enough to think that sound logic and an appeal to any sense of honesty will have any effect on either of you.

Perhaps a thread on how to create better forgeries, or how to scam ebayers would be more to your liking?

Old 08-08-2003, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: botn

I find it amazing that anyone who claims to be a collector would have such an aversion to those of us who are looking out for the good of the hobby. Since eBay is almost aiding and abetting these crooks, the burden has been placed on those of us who might actually care about people that we know and even people that we don't know.

Please feel free to leave the board if you do not like the constant reminder. I am sure that the CU forum would love to have you over there.

Until Elliot blocks my IP address I will continue to bring this stuff up here.

Old 08-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Mr. Martin, I presume. You need to learn how to properly phrase a question. Oh, and you need to get fitted for an orange jumpsuit.

IP from...

OrgName: Eureka Networks
OrgID: EURE
Address: 5 N Court St
City: Athens
StateProv: OH
PostalCode: 45701

Old 08-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Wow, you nailed it. Another post turned completely upside down. I wish there were more fakes. I wish everyone lost their money. I wish that collectors who knew good cards from bad (and good people from bad for that matter) would just go away. A typical rant in response to a post.

All the positive things you mention are good, but I bet very few people if any here lost money to these dirt-balls. The clientele that visits this forum are not as clue-less as you may think. Therefore, the voluminous threads on the fakes and their perpitrators is getting old. Maybe a few of the crusaders could report back with the fruits of their efforts instead of filling the entire page with threads.

Just one question; How many more threads will there be on fake cards? Will it then go back to cut-outs after that?

Old 08-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

I think the other posts on this must have been deleted. Was CU part of this topic or is that just a knee-jerk repsonse that's programmed when the fight-or-flight kicks in????? Can we get PSA in on this one too???

Old 08-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Elliot

Sweetguy28 and Mike Ward----could you please contact me at nyknightsfan@aol.com

Old 08-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

I also would much prefer to see posters use the existing threads rather than create new ones about the same topic. I maintain other forums and it is a big headache, but when I see dupe threads show up, I move the posts to the original threads to maintain readability.

But your doubting that board members have been affected by this is incorrect - several collectors (mostly novice, but others as well) have posted here thanking us for alerting them to scammers. And I am not lying when I tell you that I know several old time collectors who have won cards from these guys - I notified one who then got a refund. The scam is quite simple - they gladly give the refund to anyone who complains, but keep the money sent by those who don't complain. Simple and profitable scheme.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: julie

It would be ridiculous to fake an Old Judge with such a serious flaw as extreme paleness.

Old 08-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Default Untitled

He is trying to make a point, but has failed. Sweetguy and the other reprint-selling scammers are not experts at vintage cards and cannot tell the difference between a scan of a fake or a scan of a real card, and they of course rely on the hope that their potential buyers are the same, and many are.

Their demented argument is that they should be left alone to sell fakes on ebay because in their opinions no one can judge whether or not a card is fake based just on a scan...so it's up to the auction winners to figure out on their own that the card's a fake, and we have no business meddling in their scam. The part of this that eludes them is that they are thieves and that that isn't acceptable behavior, especially to those of us who have an interest in keeping our hobby safe and clean. They also seem to be incapable of accepting the fact that there are experts in this hobby who CAN tell fakes from scans.

But why do the scammers keep posting and accusing us of breaking ebay rules and slander? Because they think we will give up. Why do they think so? Easy, some board members are telling us, right here on this board, to give up!

Old 08-09-2003, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

memorabillia or cards et?

Old 08-09-2003, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Prewarsports.com

Hi, most of you know me but I will throw this out anyways. I am selling this card, and several others this week. Card is real, and it is guaranteed. I offer a full 100% money back guarantee on ALL cards I sell. Feel free to e mail me if you have any other questions about any of the cards I am selling.

Prewarsports.com

Old 08-09-2003, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default Untitled

Posted By: Dan Mckee

Actually Rhys, all I needed to see was the seller and I new the item was real. Your item isn't in question here, it is the author of this post I believe. take care Dan.