NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default ohiotarheelfan part 2

Posted By: TBob

I just emailed ebay through their counterfeit section to report this guy. Enough is enough! He is the worst of a bad barrel apples on ebay. Private auctions to shield unwary bidders from finding out what is going on, dropping the standard "gee these were sold to me as real but I am selling them as reprints because I just don't know" disclaimers.
How about if everyone here with 5 minutes to spare emails ebay to investigate this bozo? His latest 2 Ramlys are jokes and his newest entry is the pair of OHara and Demmitt, the rarities in the 206 series which just happened to be in ye olde estate sale and be in creaseless condition. No commons in that old estate, just Cobbs and rarities. Imagine that....

Old 07-06-2003, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: botn

This azz has got to go. If eBay is not willing to get invloved it may be time to sabotage his auctions.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Prewarsports.com

I am going to win one of his auctions tonight, and immediately leave negative feedback saying that his auctions are for reprints. I have one other ebay handle I do not use very much anymore and will take a retaliatory negative on that one. I am planning on bidding on the creased sport king so if ebay makes me pay it will only set me back $50 or so. Hopefully this will work.

I understand that people need to educate themselves, but my wife usually buys me something every year from ebay for X mas or Birthday. She shouldn't have to spend 5 years educating herself to detect thieves like this from ripping innocent people off. I don't think everybody that is bidding on his stuff is just trying to get a bargain.

Maybe if they see a negative they will think twice and I will take one on my account if it helps.

Old 07-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Why can't the FBI or US Post Master get involved in this? It's over state lines and it's intentional fraud.

Old 07-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I reported him/her twice last week. Nary a word from ebay except their stupid form letter. Now when I sent them something a few weeks ago about the credit-card- account-update scam they were all over it......they are the "Microsoft" of the internet...so big that they just don't care about a lot of stuff....someone should sue their asses over this crap...(and I am not one of those "sue happy" people)..........regards all

Old 07-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Prewarsports.com

I took the hit and left negative feedback. Hopefully somone will bother to read it.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

so collecting the card looks legit and then filed a EXTORTION-RETALIATION FEEDBACK CLAIM which will get him tossed off! That way your not needing to worry again unless he reregisters under a new handle at which that ISP will be nixed as well.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I'm going to send him an email and inform him that someone who scammed myself and other eBayers out of 40 grand in bogus auctions just received 2 years house arrest and 7 years probation, and he had to pay full restitution to his victims (just received my $450 check today ). Maybe that will scare him away from the scamming profession.

Old 07-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: murcerfan

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=patsart ifacts&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Old 07-07-2003, 01:23 AM
Administrator

Guys,

I know that you are trying to help but if you leave a negative feedback immediately after the conclusion of the auction you give ebay grounds to take disciplinary actions against you. We need to get rid of dirtbags not the good guys.

eBay can issue a warning or even make a permanent suspension for what they call "Unwelcome Buying" which states "Buyers are not permitted to purchase items or place bids with the primary intent of disrupting a listing".

Sadly unless the victims of this fraud come forward there is not much that we can really do since eBay protects criminals like this.

I will however start a thread within the ebay chatboard.

Greg

Old 07-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Administrator

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jsp?forum=83&thread=2236859

Feel free to add to it. I was not able to add this losers user id as ebay expressly prohibits doing so.

I suspect that this idiot will make his feedback profile private by tomorrow am.

Greg

Old 07-07-2003, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

and go bid up the D-359's!

Old 07-07-2003, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Looks like it is Hammer Time!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ohiotarheelfan

Old 07-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

to Yahoo: I believe these are some of the same scans as she's sold on ebay.

http://user.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/user/thunderingherdkid?

Yahoo also basically makes it impossible to warn bidders. Maybe a few more negs will drive her off ebay, at least. She really does deserve not just to be expelled, but prosecuted. Don't ANY of the people bidding realize they're being scammed?

Old 07-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Billy Martin, Jr.

Looks like ohiotarheelfan has gone to the private feedback format. I sure hope that anyone out there looking to bid on her auctions take the time to look at that and think twice. She got hammered big time all at once.

Old 07-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Billy Martin, Jr.

Make your colors brighter and your whites whiter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=641&item=2740043527

WOW! Talk about an obvious fake (I know, as if we haven't seen enough already). I was just looking through all of her closed auctions and the amount she's made off of people even in the last 30 days is staggering.

Anything we can do to get people like this off ebay I'm all behind, and will support as best as possible.

Old 07-07-2003, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Topics > eBay Policies > Prohibited and Restricted Items > Counterfeit Items

Despite numerous emails from many ebay users, you continue to let the seller ohiotarheelfan rip off buyers to the tune of thousands of dollars. Check out her feedback- 11 NEGATIVES in the last 7 days. People are starting to get their fake cards in the vintage baseball cards in the mail. Does anyone there at ebay have any cahones and is willing to pull this scam artist from ebay? I think ebay in allowing her now to make her feedback private to shield her fraud from buyers is setting itself up for a hell of a law suit. I am an attorney and if any buyer contacts me I am sure going to give them my 2 cents.
GET RID OF THIS PERSON FROM EBAY !!!!!!!
Bob Marquette (tbob on ebay 2892 feedbacks with 100% positive, not that it matters to you).

Old 07-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I just sent my 2 cents into ebay about ohiotarheelfan and the practice of using prvate auctions and private feedback.
There has to be some way that ebay can be held accountable for ignoring all the warnings. It is sad that ebay is so slow to act on these kind of issues, but would shut sown an autograph auction, because they think it "might not be authentic".

Old 07-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Just for good measure I sent a second one off to ebay.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

i emailed the loc about this jerk off, his goodwins champs caruthers is clearly stolen from their site and not only is it fraud but a clear violation of copywrite laws. hopefully the gov will do something now

Old 07-08-2003, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

I emailed them about two years ago and their response was a perfect definition of waffling. But the long and short of it was that they had no interest in how their images were being used, whether for sale or otherwise.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:19 AM
Administrator

well i emailed ebay about this also. i also emailed the seller a question. i was wondering if you would offer a refund if i sent the card to get graded and it came back stolen off the library of congress webpage. obvious fraud and fake!

i wonder if i will get a response from either

Old 07-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Administrator

here is the response from the seller

If I was selling these offering refunds and guarantees they would bring 10
times the amount that they are bringing ? The main reason I do all sales
final is that I sold an item to an ebayer, later refunded money and got back
a different(reprint) item from them than the one I sold ! So I can't be sure
that I don't get scammed. I am sorry but all sales are final.

Old 07-08-2003, 09:48 AM
Administrator

I suspect the remaining ones will be pulled soon.

Old 07-08-2003, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James Robbins

All of her auctions are not able to be found right now. Check it out for yourself:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2740422610&category=31719

Old 07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bigchiefmike

Mind your own business and don't bid if you don't like it.... The loc will definitely NOT do anything July 7 2003, 10:00 AM

I emailed them about two years ago and their response was a perfect definition of waffling. But the long and short of it was that they had no interest in how their images were being used, whether for sale or otherwise.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hankron

For the record: Yes, the LOC does not own the rights to the images and they can be reprinted. However, this fact does not make selling fakes and counterfeits any less illegal. Just because you have the legal right to reprint an LOC image, does not mean you have the right to sell it as an original. Quite the contrary, the later is against the law.

Irrelevant to the legality or ilegality, why would you want to cheat people out of money? I personaly don't undertand why someone would want to do this. I suspect that you are a bitter and unhappy person.

Old 07-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Administrator

As an followup note to my previous post, one may not have the right sell LOC reprints of players like Ty Cobb, as there are companies/estates that hold rights to the commercial use of Cobbs' and other major stars' images. Likewise, it may not be legal to sell reprints of cards that have certain team uniforms, emblems and names. So, legally, reprints of some of the LOC images may not be able to be sold (even if clearly called a reprint) without first getting permission for the owners of the relevant rights.

Old 07-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Administrator

I should point out that, with books, the 75 year (is it 100 now?) period before the books go into public domain, is 75 years after the author dies not after a particular book was published. So, with potential using of Ty Cobbs' image for commercial purposes, one has to look at the date of his death not the date of a particular card.

Old 07-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Why don't you get a job with the Library of congress and get paid for all that your doing free...could be they don't need dumb ass's like u on the payroll ..because the got this whole forum to try and do their job's...

Old 07-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Mike, jsut what is your problem? You sound like someone that is all for selling fakes as real cards and screwing people out of their money. Sounds like you've got issues.

Jay

Old 07-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

It just irk's me that hardon or hankiron is worried about the LOC there big boys...he made 4 posts like he was really going to straighten things out...this forum got shut down for bad mouthing people instead of helping the new kid on the block with card facts...seems your just browsing ebay to find someone to jump on...

Old 07-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

i am making sure to make copies of all you messages about conspiring to fraudulently ruin sellers reps on ebay. i am turning all screen names and conversations between you all over to them

Old 07-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

He (anonymous) is making copies of all those fraudulent efforts to end the activities of fraudulent sellers on eBay. Terrifying!!! I hope he does send it on. While I realize that its a faint hope, maybe that will help eBay realized that there are actually some people out there who care about something more than eBay's bottom line.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Anonymous will not be sending in these posts to the authorities, and I will tell you why. Because he admited on this board to taking the images from the LOC to make reprints for sale. In other words, if he turns in these posts he will be turning himself in, not us.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:27 PM
Administrator

... That is unless Anonymous is thinking right now, "Whoops, maybe I shouldn't have turned those in."

Old 07-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Administrator

we're not going away - deal with it. There are plenty of honest jobs that people with your intellect could do, so go get. In fact, if you keep following your warped sense of morality, you may get to be "garbage picker upper on side of road guy" or "license plate maker man".

Old 07-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

Please post your name next time.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: CHRIS

HERE IS MY NAME AND I DONT EVEN KNOW OHIO SELLER GUY. WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS AGAINAT EBAY RULES AND FEDERAL LAW. RUINING A GUYS ABILITY TO SELL IN A HARMFUL, CONSPIRIORY MANNER CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED. I AGREE THAT THERE ARE BAD SELLERS AND GOOD SELLERS. THE BAD SELLERS WILL TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES AS EBAY HAS RUKLES AGAINS THERE ACTIVITY. TAKING IT INTO YOUR OWN HABDS IS NOT THE WAY TO GO ABOUT IT. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACCUSS SOMEONE OF SELLING SOMEHTING FAKE WHEN ITS LEGITE? THIS WEB SITE SHOWS THAT YOU ALL HAVE A PREDETERMIND VIEW THAT ALL SELLERS RE THEIVES. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. BY THE WAY, I SENT A MESSAGE TO EBAY INFORMING THEM OF THE PROBELEM AND IO ACTUALLY GOT A RESPONCE. THEY HAD ME FORWARD ALL THEY STUFF I COPIED LAST NIGHT AND NOW I HAVE TO FILE A WRITTEN REPORT TO THERE LEGAL DEPARTMENT. SAY WHAT YOU SAY AND ILL DO WHAT I DO. WHAT YOU ALL DO IS A S BAD IF NOT WORSE THAN WHAT ANYBODY ON EBAY DOES. WHAT MAKES ANY OF YOU AN EXPERT? IF YOU DONT THINKSOMETHING IS LEGITE FINE, WRITE ON THIS WEB SITE ABOUT IT. INFORM ANYONE ON THIS SITE THAT YOU CAN, BUT WHEN YOU CONTACT BIDDERS, YOU HAVE BROKEN THE RULES....PLAIN AS DAY. I DIDNT MAKE THE RULES, I JUST WANT YOU TO FOLLOW THEM.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Administrator

i am not a lawyer but i am pretty sure that a forum that discusses the authenticity of cards that are up for auction does not break either local, state or federal laws. i would however venture to guess that scamming people out of their money by knowingly misrepresentigng goods does.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Administrator

SELLING A LEGITE CARD AND HAVING YOU PEOPLE EMAIL BIDDER SATING ITS NOT AND NOT TO BID IS, AND YOUR RIGHT, YOUR NOT A LAWYER BUT TR UNICE JR ON CLEARWATER IS AND HES MY LAWYER.DO YOU WANT TO ASK HIM DAVID?

Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Chris, Do you know who on this board sent out emails to these bidders and what was stated to notify the bidder that the card is unauthentic. I see no harm in sending a message to a bidder to basically ask question about the authenticity and how the seller would stand behind the sale. I personally do not take any warnings seriously unless I feel the card is suspect and know the questioner, at that point I will look further into the potential that the card is bad.

Another thing Chris, I have been trying to find the auction for your T205 Cobb and not able to, no one has put a link to the auction. How did they find it and where did it go?

Just a couple of questions, I would be amazed if ebay does something about this in such a timely manner. Please put copies of the emails from ebay so we can follow.

Lee

Old 07-09-2003, 11:08 AM
Administrator

you are freaking amazing. who tought you how to spell? legite? are you kidding me. i love these people who claim to know nothing about cards except for the fact the the one card that they own is real. you are correct i am not a lawyer, i am a doctor.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Wow - I'm just sitting back here and laughing at the audacity of some people! Cheers to this board for warning potential bidders about obvious fakes. I wish more people were as considerate as many of the members here. Also, to Mr. Anonymous… what this board does is no different than hiring PSA or another similar company to verify autographs being sold online… These companies look at the scan, and render a decision based on what their belief is – that simple… If PSA thinks an autograph is fake, they tell the bidder not to bid (and, in fact, eBay cancels the auction.) The experts on this board are doing almost the exact same thing, except they are offering their opinions for free. And, for the most part, these board members are all experts – they have been sourced numerous times in books and articles, as well as have published a ton of information themselves – bottom line - EXERTS… Oh, and for the question of legality.. well – I’m not a lawyer yet, but a couple of classes away from being one – and what I see them doing is nothing illegal and totally justifiable.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Administrator

DR DAVID IS AN EXPERT AT CARDS. OUR FAMILY HAS HAD THIS CARD FOR MANY, MANY, MANY YEARS BUT THE GOOD DOCTOR IS AN EXPERT. YUO KNOW IT ALL. YOU DONT KNOW LAW. DO DONT KNOW THAT CONACTING BIDDERS IS ILLEGAL. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL. WHAT CARD SHOP DO YOU OWN. WHAT MANUFACTUERS ARE YOU DIREST WITH? I DIDNT SAY I KNOW NOTHING, I HAVE BEEN IN THE SPORTS CARD BUSINESS FOR 10 YEARS AND COLLECTING ALL MY LIFE, BUT YOU KNOW EVERYTHING. A DOCTOR?

Old 07-09-2003, 11:21 AM
Administrator

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO SLANDER SELLERS. PERIOD. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT. EBAY TAKES CARE OF BAD SELLERS. WHY WOULD I WASTE MY TIME TRYING TO CLEAR MY DAMAGED AUCTIONS IF IT WERE FAKE? YOU PEOPLE COST GOOD SELLER MONEY AND WHAT DO YOU CARE? YOU DONT EVEN THINK. I HAVE BEEN SLANDERED AGAINST AND HAVE PROOF. BIDDERS HAVE FORWARDED ON EMAILS FROM SOME OF YOU PEOPLE STATING THE CARD IS FAKE. WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE TO SLANDER ME.? IM WATCHING

Old 07-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Chris, you need to learn to use proper words. First off, contacting bidders is not illegal. Illegal means you are breaking a local, state or federal law. eBay's rule against contacting bidders is just that, a rule. Nothing enforcable by legal action.

I would also be very surprised if any bidder is contacting you they were contacted by someone telling them that the card may not be legit. I've been on eBay over 6 years and have found that the only people that forward emails to the seller are the schill bidders for that seller.

Also realize that this board is loaded with lawyers and that many of us have dealt with scummy sellers on eBay enough that we are self educated about internet fraud laws. As any cop will tell you, ignorance of the law is no excuse and many of us nonlawyers here are well versed in the fraud laws.

Jay

Old 07-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JAY

SLADERING A SELLER TO THE POINT THAT AN ALREADY BIDDER WILL NOT REBID OR RECANT THERE FIRST BID IS ILLEGAL. AND SECOND, SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH, ONE OF YOU GUYS CONACTED ALL BIDDER TELLING THEM NOT TO BID BECAUSE IT IS A FAKE CARD. I EMAILED ALL BIDDERS ASKING IF THEY HAD BEEN CONACTED BY JR AND THEY ALL RESPONDED, I EVEN GOT A FEW OF THE FORWARDS. THIS SITE IS NOT THE PROBLEM. WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING TO OTHERS REPS AND INCOME ARE THE PROBLEM. DID ANYONE EMAIL ME ASKING ABOUT THE CARD. HECK NO, TO GUTLESS. INSTEAD THAY SLANDER ME TO BIDDERS.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

First of all why did you use "Jay's" name as the author in the last post? Second of all what the hell is "sladering"? You have the absolute worst spelling and grammar of ANYONE I have seen on these chat boards. Are you stupid or just acting that way? C'mon, you defeat your purpose when you sound like a bumbling idiot in your posts......my advice to you....go back to school....or quit skipping classes and playing hookie....and good luck

Old 07-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Administrator

SPELLING THE ONLY ARGUMENT YOU HAVE, BECAUSE YOU KNOW IM RIGHT. YOUR NO EXPERT AND WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE PEOPLE. SLANDER, FEEL BETTER NOW? OBVIOUSLY, NON OF YOU HAVE ANY SELF RESPECT. WHEN I AM ACCUSSED OF SOMETHING WRONGFULLY, I FIGHT. YOU SCREW WITH MY MONEY AND I FIGHT EVEN MORE. I HAVE PRIDE AND DONT WHAT SOME COWARD LYING ABOUT ME. IT ALL COME AROUND FULL CIRCLE AND YOU WILL GET YOURS