NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T

Old 09-01-2016, 08:28 AM

Default Wiffle Ball - the early days

If you look at the other wiffle ball thread you will see that I have attempted to straighten out the mysterious disc set by directly contacting wiffle Corp in Conn and having a dialog with the owners son Dave Mullaney . He graciously sent documents which prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that what we all call the standard wiffle disc set of 80 were inserted into their products in 1978. The other set which was printed on printed on the sides of the boxes was introduced in 1979. There were 5 discs per box and 12 different boxes.

To me equally as interesting are the earlier wiffle offerings which I'd like to go over here and see if any of you can add to this information.

Evidently the first wiffle products wee endorsed by Ted Williams who was the first player to appear on their packaged product. These are what I call
the black boxes and players appeared in a disc with a triple ring around it. All of these appear on the "junior sized" wiffle balls in boxes that are 2.5" on a side. Below is a pic of the first Ted Williams wiffle box. Anyone know where I can pick one up let me know...

Through the years many players appeared on the boxes but unfortunately Mullaney no longer has records on all of this so they cannot help with a complete checklist.

The other ones that I have or have seen are shown below and include (alphabetical order):

Ford, Jensen, Koosman, Law, Maris, Eddie Matthews, McCarver, Munson, Rose, Swoboda, Tresh and Williams

My guess is that there are more so I'm looking for input here....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williams 2.jpg (12.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg FORD.jpg (55.3 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Jensen.jpg (37.3 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Koosman.jpg (40.7 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg Maris.jpg (76.7 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Matthews.jpg (31.5 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Munson.jpg (20.3 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Swoboda.jpg (60.4 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Tresh.jpg (16.1 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg Rose 2.jpg (22.4 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Law 2.jpg (10.7 KB, 215 views)
Old 09-01-2016, 08:38 AM

Default continuing Wifle the early days.

Continuing our look at Wiffle boxes there were also multi player boxes for the larger std and king sized balls. I personally do not find these as interesting to collect but others love these multi player boxes The real question here is whether all of the players which appeared in multiplayer boxes also have an individual "junior box " of their own.

Players such as Pinella, McGregor, Sutcliffe and Scott show up on the larger boxes but I have never seen their equivalent junior box. Can anyone add input to that ??

I would like to date these as well does anyone have solid data on what year these were issued because Wiffle no longer has such records.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg williams matthews ford.jpg (54.6 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Ford Matthews Jensen.jpg (55.8 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Sutcliffe.jpg (59.4 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg McGregor.jpg (72.5 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Pinella.jpg (16.8 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg Mike Scott.jpg (64.2 KB, 211 views)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:36 PM

Default Individual player wiffle boxes

Have been working on this set now for several years. I have only been able to find 9 of the 12 confirmed (see above) boxes. I am still missing McCarver, Koosman and Ted Williams.

Does anyone know of any other boxes of this type ?

Can anyone help me with the 3 I am missing ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wiffle set 300.jpg (41.8 KB, 136 views)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:40 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

No but damn those are sweeeet