NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Dave Johnson

Default Sharing some exhibits that were just graded

So I sent in my very first ever submission of exhibit cards. I chose to send these in mainly because of their age (and not so much condition) and because there were a few big names here, and frankly not many of these have been graded in many of the cases

First up is Ol Satch (I have a bunch of the 47-66 exhibits that I did not grade) Mainly did this as it was one of the higher valued ones and hey, it is Satchell Paige! Along with Stachell in this photo is 1 nice 1937 exhibits 4 on 1 of all Cubs players

This one I will list on its own as it is one of my favorites and also the tough post card back variety. I thought this one might grade a bit higher, as it has great eye appeal in my opinion. Was excited when I picked this one up and I am not even a Cubs fan. Hornsby, Hartnett, and Wilson. pretty good trio...along with Beck...I have no idea who he is!

These next two are two of my favorites due to the action poses they provide. I thought the Sparky Adams was one of the nicer ones I sent in...and it was, The Tris Speaker has some light pencil on the back, but presents really well.

Hack Wilson, a nice blue tint version of this tough exhibit card. And it received a pretty decent grade as well!
Ok Ok, so the Hornsby is not an Exhibit card...but hey the size is the same, so that is why I put in on this submissions. Still a cool Card has a "cent" sign written on the back.

Oooof! Tough grades on these. I did not go over these with a fine tooth comb, but I did not see any real creasing or anything so I guess I will have to check these two out again

The Ray Grimes I knew was one of the better ones in the lot, and the grade supported that. I also thought the Masiel was a pretty decent 1922 Exhibit. Again not huge names here but nice sharp TOUGH cards.

Another Hack - Miller this time , a great 1922 Exhibit, and then the transition to the 1921 Exhibits cards highlighted here by Charles Deal. Cubs galore!

Bill Killefer and Ol Pete himself. Grover Cleveland Alexander. I new the Grover C was pretty rough but still a tough card and nice to have it graded

Two great Hall of Famers here. George Sisler, one of the nicest in the entire bunch, and of course the Big Train! Walter Johnson. Again, I thought the Sisler was one of the best ones I submitted and the grade supported that. Very happy with the grades on both of these. These horizontal poses really do look nice here side by side!

I saved the best for last!

A very nice PSA 3.5 G. H. Babe Ruth. A great and tough 1921 exhibit card featuring this all time great. Showing you the front and back on this one and you can also see the new PSA hologram label as well. A little stain on the top of the back might have kept this from grading higher. To me it looks better in terms of eye appeal than a recent PSA 4 that sold.

Thanks for letting me share these with you!

Last edited by Golfcollector; 05-06-2015 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Have to admit their new holders look pretty good!
Old 05-06-2015, 10:07 PM
A.J. Johnson

wow super cool! Love these. Thanks for posting.
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 05-06-2015, 10:24 PM
John Mavroudis

THOSE are some awesome looking cards! Well done!

www.zenpop.com
Old 05-07-2015, 06:56 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Nice! They are making me consider adding Exhibits to my collection.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:33 AM
Jason Albregts

That Sisler is a beauty. One day I'd like to add that one to my collection.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:00 AM
Bobby Binder

Great cards and agree the new PSA label looks great with the hologram right
in the middle.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Scott Mt. Joy

Always enjoy seeing exhibits, super nice grouping and grades! Congrats!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtjoy View Post
Always enjoy seeing exhibits, super nice grouping and grades! Congrats!
+1

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Great cards! Love the Exhibits!

Ricky Y