NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-13-2014, 08:20 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

Default OT Update on my daughter Mykal THANK YOU

Just wanted to give an update on my daughter Mykal who suffered sudden cardiac arrest at Kaufmann Stadium last year. Thanks to a huge support with prayer from friends, family, strangers etc. she has had a remarkable recovery. Matter of fact, she was invited to throw out the first pitch vs. Tigers last Sept. She also sang during the 7th inning stretch. She turned 16 this March and just got her license last week. Mykal has taken remarkable to music and we are working on trying to get a few of her written songs recorded. Our entire family is going through genetic testing and thorough heart testing over the last and next few months. While we are excited and happy to get this done for Mykal's 2 younger siblings, it definitely has taken its toll on us both emotionally and financially. We are almost to the end and appreciate everyone who supported us here with prayer. Everything coming back so far inconclusive and we have some of the best docs in the country on this. Mykal has done remarkably well. She will be a Junior this year and we just got her classes which include pre-calc, college lit class, and anatomy-phys. She also will be playing golf and participating in band. I am a very blessed man. With all of that said I will be listing some items randomly and adding items on the BST section. Unfortunately we need about $20K to meet further bills and get caught up from all the test. I will be listing some cool stuff and have plenty to list. Let me say that I appreciate in advance any purchase and will come up with a few ways to move some of my stuff. Please bear with me as I will add some photos and will definitely take offers etc. considering I need to raise the cash. If you are close to KC or St. Joseph MO I do have a place locally with a lot of my stuff there. Feel free to contact me PM or call 816-294-9847. Otherwise thanks again so much and I will continue to take much needed prayer for my family. Please check the BST to see what I have to sell.

Let me also say coming from a father's heart I can never repay the prayer support from any one person let alone the thousands involved in Mykal's journey. I THANK YOU so much and could not be in a happier place moving forward. An experience like this definitely will change the heart of a man and make one put things in perspective.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Zach

Glad to hear she's doing better. As a father myself I can only imagine the worry that you and your family have been through.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 AM

Default Good luck....

God Bless..... we will say prayers!!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:12 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Daughter....

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family, take care, mike
Old 08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
octavio ranzola

god bless sir
Old 08-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Pete Sycks

Glad to hear she's doing better, prayers are with your family.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Bill Gregory

Jason, I'm thrilled to hear she's doing so well. Let's all hope that Mykal has a long, happy, healthy life.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Just want to offer my best wishes on a continued recovery and long and prosperous life....As someone already said, as fathers of daughters we can only imagine.....
Old 08-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

So glad to hear she is doing well and as made such a remarkable recovery. All the best for the future!!

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 08-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just want to offer my best wishes on a continued recovery and long and prosperous life....As someone already said, as fathers of daughters we can only imagine.....
+1 - I was looking for the right words & there they are... Getting the right perspective on life is priceless & certainly helps get our priorities straight.
Thanks & I will watch for the BST listings
Old 08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Barry Arnold

Default Jason

so movingly and poignantly written.
My prayers are with you and continuing.
I'm very pleased to hear such good news for your daughter and your whole family.

all the best,
barry
Old 08-13-2014, 11:12 AM
J@son Du.nc@n

Thanks guys. The list is under everything else at the bottom of BST. If you need something great, if not thanks for the kind words. ALso feel free to make reasonable offers.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
George Gogol

Jason,
Thanks for posting, will pray and send up praises for her doing so well! Thanks for sharing. We can't pray if we don't know about it. Please continue to keep us updated!
George
Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Eric
Eric

Default Daughter

Jason,
My prayers will be with your family. I can not imagine what you have been through. God has a plan for her and for your family. Blessings to all of you.
Eric
Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Daryl

I'll be praying for you and your daughter. May God bless you.