NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Intro from Cincy

Doubt this is the proper forum for an introduction but since this forum is where I will spend the majority of my time I figured I would stop in and say "hi".

My 10 year old son and I small-time collectors and because we live here in Cincy we have an passion for all things Reds related. We haven't gotten much into the prewar stuff as our collection has mostly focused on the 1961 WS team, Big Red Machine teams, 1990 and the current era. He spends a lot of time sending cards and other items through the mail to both old and current players and has an entire bedroom devoted to all of the autographs he has obtained.

We have accumulated just about as many autographs as we possibly can from those teams and we are looking to expand into other areas not necessarily autograph related.

Some of the items that I have seen posted here have really inspired and educated me about a whole new world of collecting. I'm currently on page 34 as I dig my way through the archives of this forum.

Anyway, doubt I will be posting much, I am more of a lurker and we can't really compete with the amazing collections/items that are posted here but we will certainly enjoy learning from all of the great info that is posted here.

Will
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

Hi Will,

I grew up about 4 hours north of you rooting for the Indians. It was great to read about your son's collection, because some of my best memories from my fifth- and sixth-grade years are when I waited for the mail each day during the summer to see whether any of my replies for autographs from current and former Indians had been answered.

My guess is he'll remember forever putting together his autograph collection.

Best of luck,

Rob
Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default welcome

Welcome to the Forum Will. Don't worry about competing although that is what it seems like sometimes. I admit to being competitive in nature also. I think it's part of human nature to be competitive. The main thing to remember, and if you are reading all of the archives you will know, is to enjoy what YOU and your son are doing. Someone will always have a better collection but the enjoyment you get with your son will be priceless. best regards
Old 04-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Brian T.

Welcome! Admittedly, I am more of a card guy and pre-war, scarce stuff at that, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for all things Redlegs. My wife and I lived in the Queen City for 6 years from 1997-2003 until we moved to Florida. I still follow and cheer for the Reds and miss the ol' lefthander.

I only have a handful of postwar cards in my collection, but the ones that I do, are probably familiar to you...

I never get to post them, so I'm going to take the opportunity to do so here. Please don't view this as gloating or competing... more, just sharing cards of something about which we both have a passion.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Christopher Williams

Will, the one great thing about this forum is that we all learn from each other here. Leon and Dan do a great job of moderating and keeping it civil here.

Brian, nice cards.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Will, welcome aboard! The reds are one of my favorite teams from my youth. Still remember fondly a great teacher that brought in the audio visual T.V. and let us watch the 1970 World Series.
Here's a photo from my Hall of Fame book...GO REDS!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0878.jpg (77.1 KB, 114 views)