NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default Harbaugh and the Browns

This is nuts. Just heard today that Harbaugh apparently started the Browns trade conversation as leverage to the 49'ers to give him a longer deal. Apparently they aren't willing to do so until he wins a Super Bowl !?!?

I'm just glad that Carroll and Schneider don't have such a dysfunctional relationship.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:36 PM
I@n Cl@rke

It's craziness in Santa Clara. My opnion- regardless of what an A-hole Harbaugh may be, the Niners (especially Jed) need to give in and give the guy a raise and an extension. 3x Championship games in first 3 years is unreal and he does deserve to be better than the 3rd highest paid coach in the NFC West. He came in to a totally disfuntional situation with a supposed #1 pick/bust as his QB and immediately (in a lock out abbreviated offseason and training camp) turned them into a 13-3 team that was any one of the following- two muffed/fumbled punt returns or a premature whistle on Bradshaw's fumble- away from a Super Bowl. Follow that up with a Super Bowl appearance the next year (with 2x QBs) and a championship game appearance (in which his team looked 5x better than the AFC representative in the SB) and it's clear the guy can flat out coach.

If it's between Baalke and Harbaugh, I chose Harbaugh in a second. He may run hot, he may be wearing thin on the front office, media and some of his players... but compare his success (IMMEDIATE SUCCESS) to the three/five/eight years prior and you realize, it's clear he's the #1 reason for the turn around. In that sense he is by far the more uniquely talented of the two. That said, I don't think he'll last here forever either.. he just burns too hot, but if I'm the Niners, I've got my eyes set on Palo Alto and David Shaw 2-3 years down the road.

Last edited by itjclarke; 02-25-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: wording
Old 02-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Belltown Vintage

Ian, I totally agree with you. When Pete Carroll joined the Seahawks 4 years ago, the 49'ers were a HUGE MESS. Seriously, the West was so horrible that when Carroll made it to the playoffs the first time, Seahawks fans figured we didn't have to do much in order to rule the West. Harbaugh changed all that overnight.

I like the Seahawks so much that I might actually feel guilty wearing my Dallas Cowboys jersey to the game this Fall. Naahhh - I look too good in it.