View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Je.ff Rici.gliano

Hi guys. I'm new here and this is my very first post and the ONLY reason I even opened an account here - to discuss this Crazy Uncle's Auctions.

What a complete joke of a "business".

I bid on an autographed Nolan Ryan Mets Jersey. I never received notification that I won, or if there was a reserve that wasn't met, so I had to email them and ask. A day or so later, they emailed me back and said I won and that invoices would be sent soon.

So, I ask them the email address to send paypal payment to and they say "yes, you can pay via paypal" but never actually told me the email address. I asked in NUMEROUS emails and still not one time did they let me know the email address to send the paypal payment to.

Fast forward to a few days of emails and calls from me that go completely unanswered - I see a charge on my credit card for the jersey. I contact them stating that I was not happy that they charged my credit card when I wanted to pay via paypal, but whatever....just please let me know when the jersey will ship and the tracking information.

A few more days go by and I get nothing. No email. No answer to my numerous phone calls. So, I contested my credit card charge. Well, the next day I finally get a tracking number for my order. But I check it and the label was created on Dec 4th, but it has never been picked up. I figure once I see it actually picked up, I will go ahead and removed the hold on the credit card charge. Dec 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, etc.......it never moves. Finally I get a call from the infamous Aaron because he found out that I contested the CC charge. Yet, he emails me back on the 10th telling me how shorthanded he is and that they are backed up. I explained that it was a Christmas present and I needed it beforehand. He writes me back on Dec 10th and states that he will make sure it goes out right away.

I write him again on Dec 11th, when I see it STILL has not shipped and I tell him to keep the item and that I do not want it anymore and it was the worst transaction that I have ever experienced.

So get this....I get an email TODAY telling me that he sees the item shipped (and I checked and it did...on the 14th - 10 days after the label was created) - FOUR days after I tell him to cancel the transaction and 2 days after it actually ships.

I am not one to normally complain, heck...I sell things online for a living and I know how important customer service is and actually responding to your customers and keeping them happy. I understand being shorthanded, etc....but this "business" should be shut down. I feel bad for all of the supposed consignees because they are dealing with someone who has no right running a business. Maybe there is a reason Aaron no longer works at Steiner - yes, I read all of the other people complaining about Aaron and how horrible his customer service is.

What a horrible, waste of a few weeks. IF I actually get the item, I will let you guys know, but consider this a warning for everyone here - steer VERY clear of this place that has no right running auctions.

(and yes, I'm fully aware that Aaron is a user on here - I'm actually HOPING he sees this)