View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Hi Matt,

I am at a similar inflection point as you. I only buy graded cards since I too like to know the card is authentic. I am not skilled enough to hold a raw card and know for sure its real. So with everything that has been brought to light here is what I am doing.

I am being very selective now and only looking to complete my Top 20 cards list (I only need 2 more cards) I was going to do a 1957 FB set and others, but I have soured recently on that idea with everything going on. My set building days are probably behind me.

After reading everything, I don't believe it makes any difference in older labels or newer labels, fraud is everywhere. If and when I find my two cards(graded) I will post pictures on all the forums I belong to and if someone finds evidence (that I missed in my due diligence) they have been altered I will return them and try again. No other choice from my perspective. I love collecting cards and although the scandal has dampened that, it won't stop me from collecting and enjoying looking at my cards and others cards.

Troy