View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Yup, that's the section. We covered it extensively. From an auctioneers perspective we decided you give all previous bidders the option of keeping their bids in force or you can choose to start the item over. There is also nothing to stop you from removing that bidder who retracted, or just "not seeing" his bids
Something tells me this law is old and does not anticipate a phenomenon such as an ebay auction. I wonder, too, if the seller/auction house can contract around it, but I am too lazy to research it right now. Most likely not. So according to the language, as the auctioneer is saying going once, going twice, I can shout out I retract and the whole auction is gone. Similarly, when someone retracts on ebay, that should wipe out the whole auction to that point if ebay were following the law. Merits further research.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-22-2017 at 07:29 PM.