View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Reflections, Theory's, etc.... Show-n-Tell us of your T206 "finds"

Gee, 24 hours have transpired since I posted my T206 "find" last nite, and I am quite surprised (or perhaps disappointed) that no one has posted their "finds" here.

Whatever, I will continue with another of my T206 "finds". During the 1980's I was lucky to pick-up several "finds" at the Willow Grove Show, all of which consisted
of BOWMAN and TOPPS cards. In the 1990's, I picked up two T-card "finds". A T205 collection of 144 cards. And a T206 collection comprising of 220 different cards.
The T206 collection was from a "walk-in" at the Cooperstown Show. My table was set-up at the entrance to the VFW Hall, and I made a generous offer to the owner
of these T206's. Then I told him to go around to the other dealers and get the best offer. About an hour (or so) later he returned to my table and we made the deal.

The cards varied from Vg to Ex. Some of the major stars in this collection were the red Cobb, all three Cy Young's, all three Matty's, Lajoie portrait, all four Tinker's,
all three Evers's, all three Chance's, all five Chase's, all three Willis's, and both Collins cards. Plus, 24 - Southern Leaguer's.

Once again......how about sharing with us here of your T206 "finds" in this glorious hobby.

TED Z