View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
On side note, this Clemente was stolen from my home by a family friend. I've searched and searched but it has never come back up for sale. Bet yo azz I'll be contacting the auction house if it came up, and my receipt is my invoice from heritage

https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball-c.../a/714-81237.s
Wow. 2 cards stolen by someone the owners knew. I hate reading about these thefts, but it is really more shocking/upsetting when you read about them being stolen by people the owners likely knew and trusted.

I recently went through something similar where I misplaced some hockey cards of mine, including my Tavares RC and a few other cards I collected when I was just a boy.

I searched and searched but bit my tongue mentioning anything to my son who I assumed was one of his friends while we were away at our trailer.

Thankfully I didn't as I have a feeling this would of upset my son greatly thinking I didn't trust his friends.

I had a similar story when I was quite young regarding my sisters watch. A friend took a shine to her unique watch. It went missing for days after but I actually accused him of stealing it as he was the last person I seen holding and admiring it.

Long story short, it was found under a couch in our rec room about a week or so later.

The guy I accused of stealing it is now the Chief of Police in my hometown.

Of course I apologized profusely but our friendship was never the same afterward, sadly.

Last edited by irv; 08-13-2018 at 07:41 PM.