View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
You do not deserve anymore than your insured value regardless if card took off or not. Not sure if there offer was more than insured value or not honestly didn't read everything. I did notice a criticism in another post like this was a company coverup. The moron that damaged the card most likely did so in the slabbing process reslabbed and gave it to shipping where it was sent back. I doubt Joe said just slab it a 7 and send it back to him. Don't think it was a vast company conspiracy but a poor job performance by a low level employee that probably could care less about the companies reputation. For the record o do submit frequently and have not had an issue like this though I have had a card or two I believe they may have lightly damaged. I also find their customer service to be excellent over the last few years. Jackie, TaCora and Devin in my opinion all provide excellent service and have handled all my concerns or issues professionally and with a pleasing positive attitude.
I do think the problem was likely somewhere in the process, and that someone along the line just said oops and let it go through as-is.

But I can't agree on only getting the insured value from PSA. The card went to them as a 7, and they damaged it. So they should pay the difference between the received grade and the grade after damage. (This sort of thing is on peoples court all the time usually when someone totals a borrowed car or wrecks clothes while dry cleaning)
Whatever company was the carrier for shipping would be responsible for only the insured amount. And could dispute it if it seemed unreasonable. Like if I insured a modern common for a few thousand hoping it would be lost or damaged.

I'd love to hear from one of our actual lawyers about how the difference in values would be determined. In other words, is it the values at the time of the damage, values at the time the damage was pointed out (assuming it was noticed quickly and not months or years later) Or if it got as far as court the values at the time of the decision?

I'd imagine that for nearly all collectibles there would be no or almost no difference. But here because of an odd market the values changed quite a bit over a short time.

Steve B

Last edited by steve B; 08-03-2016 at 06:25 AM. Reason: removed duplicate text DOH!