View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Default Joe Doyle NAT'L and it's 11 "cousins"....SURVEY

Posted By: Pennsylvania Ted

As rare as the T206 Joe Doyle NAT'L card is.....there are 11 other Subjects in the T206 issue that are just as rare.

So, what do these 11 very rare T206's have in common with the Joe Doyle error ? They all have PIEDMONT 350 backs.

These 150/350 subjects....as 150 cards....are not tough to find (except for Lundgren-Cubs); but, as 350 cards, they
are virtually impossible to find. After years of sampling 1000's of these 11 Subjects, I have found only 1 or 2 cards of
each with the PIEDMONT 350 back. And, it is significant to note that none have been found with Sweet Caporal 350
or Sovereign 350 backs.

Is this simply a coincidence that these 12 cards are extremely rare and exist with PIEDMONT 350 backs ? I do not
think so.....my speculation is that the Joe Doyle (NAT'L) and these 11 cards were on the same sheet.....And, that
when Quality Control quickly discovered the Joe Doyle error, American Lithograph discarded virtually all of the re-
maining sheets. Thereby, also rendering these 11 cards to become ASP (abreviated-short-prints).

These 11 cards with PIEDMONT 350 backs should command a substantial premium in the hobby......

Conroy (fielding)
Dahlen (Boston)
Ewing
Ganley
Tom Jones
Karger
Lindaman
Lundgren (Cubs)
Mullin (throwing)
Pastorius
Schulte (front view)....No PIEDMONT 350 has been confirmed....may be a 150-only card ?

Incidently, these 11 are also found with HINDU or El Principe de Gales....but, are seldom seen.

Anyhow, if any Net54er's have any of these 11 cards with Piedmont 350....Sovereign 350....Sweet Caporal 350 backs,
please respond....your inputs will be greatly appreciated ?

TED Z