View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Default eBay - TNT Collectibles (tntcollectibles58)

Posted By: Trae R.

First, I will simply say yes, I am frustrated for receiving a negative feedback for this. Especially since I only left an honest to goodness neutral stating exactly what had happened: "Item not quite as described, was refunded portion of price. Overpriced shipping."

I purchased a Honus Wagner lithograph two weeks ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190053738771

I received an item that was not as described in the auction. It was blatantly different. The auction states: "This lithograph is in superb condition with NO defects, it is shrink wrapped to preserve it quality until you are ready to Frame it."

Yeah, well this "superb quality, no defect, shrink-wrapped" lithograph came in a poster tube that had to be mended with tape to stay together and inside was a poster that wasn't shrink-wrapped, had dinged up corners and two large crease through it. So I emailed the seller who says: "Sorry about that, I understand your dismay. You can return it for a refund of $20 or you may keep it and I will send you a refund $10 or 50% of your purchase price. John, TNT Collectibles"

I accepted the $10, then realized how bad I got burned on shipping... $15.10 over the cost of the sticker price. I emailed John again and was ignored so I left the neutral, then I get a negative stating: "Questions Quality of item, Accepts 50% Refund Sight unseen, then wants more?" - What a class act! I am polite enough to leave a neutral and this is what I get in return.

Not to mention the seller has a history of this apparently:
http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=tntcollectibles58&sourceid=Mozilla-search&Dirn=Received%20by&Many=ON

Notice the repeated argument of "Shipping stated up front" - well I understand if you're shipping in a new tube, priority mail, delivery confirmation, etc. then it adds up - but overcharging for profit is piss poor.

I'll do my research next time. Sad.